myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 320, 321, 322 ... 331, 332, 333  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MikeLaRonde



Joined: 11 Jun 2001
Posts: 443

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scariest thing about the flip-flops is that they are occurring not just in the talking heads, but also in the medical field itself, i.e. hospital policies, often seemingly in response to the current media narrative.

I think all would agree this should not be so, and it practically never was before 2020. We expect the media and the politicians to flop all the time, but in terms of medical treatments and hospital policies, the sh_t should be settled. I don't feel like calling it science at the moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 10316

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say that you're not into politics, but I'm not convinced of that. You've said too much already, and you've got isobars as your wingman. Look over your shoulder. He stinks of politics, and it's clear that he wants to be your buddy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coachg



Joined: 10 Sep 2000
Posts: 3248

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlaronde wrote:
I found this just in time for you. I couldn't believe the title, but it is true, there really are over 1000 links to studies in this collection from quite a few sources:
https://www.saveusnow.org.uk/covid-vaccine-scientific-proof-lethal/


How come all your links are blocked by my anti-virus software? You are not one of those Russian bots are you?

Coachg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeLaRonde



Joined: 11 Jun 2001
Posts: 443

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This message from an angry Canadian trucker is absolutely priceless. WAKE UP and STOCK UP

https://www.bitchute.com/video/H7e5iDmj9Bil/

Seems like just a few short months ago, I was watching practically the same from an Australian "Truckee". Getting closer ... how's that lukewarm water feel now, frogs? (NO, not the French, although they are as conquered as any now)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coboardhead



Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 4122

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why I bother:

This is an article about health care in the area where I live:

https://www.wwno.org/npr-news/2021-12-15/facing-a-new-flood-of-covid-patients-colorado-nurses-say-the-stress-is-unsustainable

84% of the hospitalized COVID patients are unvaccinated at time of this article. It hasn't changed much. Now, we are short of health care workers who have caught the virus and are out sick to add to the problem.

My wife is on staff at a hospital even though retired. She is consulting to try and keep other physicians in the ER from losing their marbles. The toll is becoming tenuous. Meds to treat the most acutely ill (largely unvaccinated) are becoming unavailable. Surgeons are treating mild injuries in the parking lot of fast food joints. This is the reality of health care in the COVID age in rural Colorado.

Is this a result of just those that choose to be unvaccinated? Of course not. But, the situation is worsened by the greater average health care needs of COVID positive and unvaccinated citizens. It just is Mlaronde no matter how you want to believe otherwise.

You wish for a debate. Yet, you present articles and data that are unpublished and clearly prejudicial to your viewpoint. The truth is that the vaccines reduce severity of illness. That reduced severity allows stretched medical resources to respond to both COVID patients and the usual illnesses. Will those vaccines be as effective against the Omicron or the next mutation. No one knows. But, medical resources are being depleted right now and we will not be able to buy that back later when/if this pandemic switches gears.

I live in an area you would feel right at home. Our vaccination rate is one of the lowest in the State. Our hospital resources are stretched worse than any other location. Do the math please.

These folks here buy this whole personal freedom argument you espouse. They also buy a disproportionate number of headstones this winter...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeLaRonde



Joined: 11 Jun 2001
Posts: 443

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dearest Mr. Boardhead,

coboardhead wrote:
The truth is that the vaccines reduce severity of illness.

If you wouldn't insist on posting such complete nonsense, we might be able to argue some other details. Data from many non-censored parts of the world shows mostly vaxxed people in hospitals, from what is either failure of the VAX to prevent "Covid" hospitalizations and death, if not causality from the VAX itself.

You got a really good point to make, eh? May I suggest you take it to the other thread please. This one is clearly about the political angles, along with the associated insults, jokes, and other challenges.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coboardhead



Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 4122

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlaronde wrote:
Dearest Mr. Boardhead,

coboardhead wrote:
The truth is that the vaccines reduce severity of illness.

If you wouldn't insist on posting such complete nonsense, we might be able to argue some other details. Data from many non-censored parts of the world shows mostly vaxxed people in hospitals, from what is either failure of the VAX to prevent "Covid" hospitalizations and death, if not causality from the VAX itself.

You got a really good point to make, eh? May I suggest you take it to the other thread please. This one is clearly about the political angles, along with the associated insults, jokes, and other challenges.


Ummm This is a thread on the COVID isn't it? The fact that you believe it is complete nonsense to post that something that is without dispute by any credible source pretty much says it all. You believe the data is censored on this. I see it with my own experience and that cannot be censored.

Maybe this needs to be restated since you will nit pick the dialogue

"Vaccines have been shown to greatly reduce the potential for severe illness regarding hospitalization due to COVID 19" That is the fact. Will that change with future strains? I don't know and neither do you. Do we know what the long term protection is? We do not. There is no proof that vaccines will continue to provide protection. No one knows. What we do know is that the unvaccinated have stressed the health care delivery system to a breaking point in many places (my area). That is a sad fact and not recognizing it is ridiculous really.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GURGLETROUSERS



Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 2620

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Coboard.

In science disciplines there is what most would call, a law of minimal assumption. The moment you ASSUME something which you cannot prove logically, you compromise your integrity, and the truth.

The problem with those who follow some crusade (Mlaronde and his current sidekick) is that they start from a fixed position, and BEND all events and observations to their belief.

There are far too many obvious examples of this in Mlarondes past posts for him to now plead for understanding. It won't do! He insists we must prove that unvaccinated people are those predominantly being seriously ill and dying in over filled hospitals as though it is we who are making an assumption. It is pointless trying to reason against such a perverted stance.

The reality can simply be checked by asking medical staff at such hospitals which are now (or were at the height of the Delta virus surge last year) overloaded with such people. You and I see the reality (you through your wife and connections, and me through a friends daughter who works in such a hospital) . I'm sure we could both imagine the response Mlaronde would get should he attempt to tell them they've got it all wrong!

Therefore I call him a false prophet, and will not answer anything he now claims, or begs to be answered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 20659

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabrications like that are the reason you (and scores more) are in my shitfile. As a lifelong scientist*, my conclusions are drawn from data, not vice versa.

* The first (admittedly crude) scientific experiment I remember conducting was in 1949, at age 5 or 6, when I personally tested an application of the kinetic theory of gases I had just read about. My published M.S. thesis extended that into the mathematical analysis of random molecular diffusion in a vacuum, which I successfully applied in the real world to one of my assignments in the development and testing phase of our Saturn V moon launch vehicle. Science, experimentation, studying, drawing conclusions and/or taking actions based on the best data I can find and/or generate have pervaded my educational, professional, and personal lives to this day.

In provable fact, that approach to life has extended my viability, mobility, and very life by at least a decade. In helping to put man on the moon, sussing the realities of AGW alarmism, selecting my next automobile purchase, glueing two pieces of crap together in my shop, reversing misguided mandates driving 11-figure science- and data-driven pentagon programs, advocating for my very survival in the realm of medicine, choosing among political parties, choosing whether and when to get a Covid vax, managing my career, participating in the original polio vaccination tests, adopting dogs, and SO much more, it has been almost exclusively (and often obsessively) data first, conclusions next ... the natural order of making choices.

Thanks for reminding me of scores of (often life- and career-affecting) examples of how well it has paid off.

I'm looking forward to checking out some of the thousand published reasons why "Covid vaccinations are lethal", to help me choose whether to comply with future directives ... i.e., whether to drink the government Koolade. (The mere hundreds of peer reviewed papers I've cited ... supported by my own experimentation, of course ... proving the benefits of higher sat fat and cholesterol pale by numerical comparison.)

The bottom line: you're full of yourself and of shit. You sound like Steve Chandler at his best ... er ... worst. Besides malice, what's in YOUR wallet?

GT wrote:
The problem with those who follow some crusade (Mlaronde and his current sidekick) is that they start from a fixed position, and BEND all events and observations to their belief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 17054
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness, the crazies are going after GT. And ranting about kool aid (unable to spell it, or remember the reference to Jonestown), while they swig gallons.

It's called confirmation bias.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 320, 321, 322 ... 331, 332, 333  Next
Page 321 of 333

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group