myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288 ... 331, 332, 333  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsurfer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
The worst case doomsday forecasts have happened, but most of us never really expected them to. They were 'worst case' possibilities which science HAS to state.

But science is obligated to admit that it's a worse case, whether it involves vaccines, global warming, medical studies, peanut allergies, or whatever. The left prefer to state worst cases as median expectations or even as certainties in attempts to scare us into submission. Al Gore openly admitted this ruse, as did AOC's campaign manager, both regarding AGW alarmism. If the earth becomes uninhabitable before 2030, it will be due to Biden's public threat to keep "military force not involving troops in Ukraine" on the table to stop Putin from invading. (Does he really think nuclear winter is a solution to global warming?)

We should base most important decisions on median expectations, not outlying, remote possibilities. Representing bell curve outliers as expected outcomes is not science, but rather wishful, pessimistic, often even deliberately deceitful BS.

I So Pathetic.

When I think of worst case scenarios I draw on my career as an Electrical Engineer.
I also was fortunate enough to work for many years in facilities management where you NEED to think of worst case scenarios to protect the health and wellbeing of not only employees but also the longevity of the business.
Over engineering and providing backup to the backup serves us all well in many walks of life.
To under estimate what it takes to over-engineer for worst case scenarios is not something to be taken lightly.
I'm glad your outcome from your illness has been beneficial but I hate to think of those on the lower end of the bell curve would could have benefitted greatly from more diligence!
MikeLaRonde

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Ironic (and somewhat comical) that you call people like me moronic!

Does anyone even get the anagram? OMICRON is MORONIC

I suppose no one got the 9-letter word starting with O, describing the event which would, years later, enable the system of medical tyranny to come!

Since none of you have a clue, the answer is OBAMACARE
mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

four drinks in tonight.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mlaronde. You have no credible answers to this pandemic. I see no point in taking any further notice of you.

I don't understand what your objective is in posting in this thread, since no sensible person could be swayed by your wild conspiracy speculations.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update.

The new mutation virus is spreading over here at an alarming rate. The Government are ramping up a blitz of booster jabs to all, as soon as possible, because it is now clear that the double vaccination is only partially effective against this new mutation. The booster jab is now accepted to give back a much greater level of protection'

It is clear that everybody will, sooner rather than later, come into contact with this new extremely virulent mutation. It is now virtually a race against time to get those booster jabs in arms. (I think it has woken up a lot of the anti-vax lot, now that they can see the risk of rejecting all vaccination jabs.)
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MANY expert virologists and front-line Covid treatment physicians worldwide, including Wuhan Labs' foremost virologist, urgently express the same concerns Laronde does. Blow them off at your own peril.

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Mlaronde, I don't understand what your objective is in posting in this thread, since no sensible person could be swayed by your wild conspiracy speculations.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you (Isobars) seemingly agree with Mlaronde, (vaccination booster shots not necessary and a possibly dangerous thing), perhaps you would tell us all

a) Have you been vaccinated, and if so WHY?

b) What do you propose should be done instead of booster shots to protect us from this new Omicron mutation?

Out of control rapidly rising cases of Omicron are now ringing alarm bells in medical and Government circles over here, (hospital cases rising and first death recorded today), and there is almost a stampede now for people to get that booster jab. It is now feared that the Omicron virus may NOT be the relatively mild illness version as was first thought, and if that is so, the booster jab (claimed to give a high response against it) is the only hope we currently seem to have.

Are you saying the sources you quote are against this?
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps as an after thought I should add, I do not see myself as being in peril by ignoring his (and now your backing of his) flights of fancy. Those capable of rational thought will sift the evidence and make their choice. My question has always been, do the benefits of a course of action against falling seriously ill and perhaps dying (getting booster vaccine) warrant any rare risks involved? I concluded yes!

Straight question - are you going to have the booster shot, yes or no?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can’t fix crazy—but facts are facts. Here are the death counts, in rising order.

9/11. About 3,000. So we spent trillions

Vietnam. 58,000

World War I. 116,000

World War II. 416,000

Covid. 800,000 plus. It has killed 1 out of 100 over 65

Between the crazy Mike’s and the Russian trolls, we’re headed for a million. The Republican response is to ban mask and vaccination mandates.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Since you (Isobars) seemingly agree with Mlaronde, (vaccination booster shots not necessary and a possibly dangerous thing), perhaps you would tell us all

a) Have you been vaccinated, and if so WHY?

b) What do you propose should be done instead of booster shots to protect us from this new Omicron mutation?

Out of control rapidly rising cases of Omicron are now ringing alarm bells in medical and Government circles over here, (hospital cases rising and first death recorded today), and there is almost a stampede now for people to get that booster jab. It is now feared that the Omicron virus may NOT be the relatively mild illness version as was first thought, and if that is so, the booster jab (claimed to give a high response against it) is the only hope we currently seem to have.

c) Are you saying the sources you quote are against this?

"Seemingly agree?" No, I'm just defending his right to post legitimate concerns also supported by many experts, at least until censors shut them down. Ditto on Omicron.

a) Yes .. LONG before consequences and censorship took over.

b) Dunno. Covid ranks about #20 on my list of priorities. Maybe when I can find time to get more than 4 hours of sleep a night (I need 10) I'll look into it. Ditto on Omicron.

c) Many are, to varying degrees. Just one example of Biden's overreactions involved his ban on flights from two African countries because of rampant Omicron. One of them had TWO COUNT 'EM TWO cases of Omicron, the other had ZERO. (Biden, of course, had labeled Trump a racist for banning flights from countries who did not screen travelers.)

I'm more afraid of rapidly increasing censorship and its implications for our future than I am of moronic/Omicron. Biden's policies (and those of many of his sycophant governors) have endlessly PROVED to be among the biggest threats to national sanity and individual freedoms in our nation's presidential history, and I'm not going to succumb quietly.

Now back to MUCH more urgent issues in my life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288 ... 331, 332, 333  Next
Page 287 of 333

Jump to: