myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Syria
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 7812

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
nw30 wrote:
So Code Pink, and all the other anti-war types gets their way, and the liberals freak out.
So apparently the liberals now want the U.S. to be the world's police.
Pretty easy to equate this pull-out with the Viet Nam pull-out, we promised the S. Vietnamese many things that we didn't uphold. Should we have stayed in Viet Nam?


You apply labels to simplify your world view into a binary system. The world and the people who inhabit it are diverse, even people within the same self identified group. I'm a liberal, but I believe the US assistance given to the Kurds to fight ISIS was appropriate. I also believe that the time, money and treasure given to that endeavor has now been wasted. I'm also a fiscal conservative and a human being. I'm not happy with money and lifes now wasted due to Trump's decision. Other than bringing home a small group of soldiers, volunteer soldiers mind you, what benefit is there to the US from the withdrawal?



Other than a small group soldiers????????????? did you really say that??

Volunteers are expendable????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 6438
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vientomas wrote:
nw30 wrote:
So Code Pink, and all the other anti-war types gets their way, and the liberals freak out.
So apparently the liberals now want the U.S. to be the world's police.
Pretty easy to equate this pull-out with the Viet Nam pull-out, we promised the S. Vietnamese many things that we didn't uphold. Should we have stayed in Viet Nam?


You apply labels to simplify your world view into a binary system. The world and the people who inhabit it are diverse, even people within the same self identified group. I'm a liberal, but I believe the US assistance given to the Kurds to fight ISIS was appropriate. I also believe that the time, money and treasure given to that endeavor has now been wasted. I'm also a fiscal conservative and a human being. I'm not happy with money and lifes now wasted due to Trump's decision. Other than bringing home a small group of soldiers, volunteer soldiers mind you, what benefit is there to the US from the withdrawal?

Should we have stayed in Viet Nam?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 15513
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Vietnam have anything to do with poor judgement over Syria?

Trolls try to divert attention from the latest Trump mistake or corruption. That's what they do when they have no knowledge and no coherent argument.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 6438
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Does Vietnam have anything to do with poor judgement over Syria?

Trolls try to divert attention from the latest Trump mistake or corruption. That's what they do when they have no knowledge and no coherent argument.
Quit your sobbing, you just now did what you accuse me of doing. I'm talking historical context, and you don't like it.
How about you, do you think we should have stayed in Viet Nam?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 15513
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
Does Vietnam have anything to do with poor judgement over Syria?

Trolls try to divert attention from the latest Trump mistake or corruption. That's what they do when they have no knowledge and no coherent argument.
Quit your sobbing, you just now did what you accuse me of doing. I'm talking historical context, and you don't like it.
How about you, do you think we should have stayed in Viet Nam?


No coherent argument. The name of the country is Vietnam. Is nitwit one or two words?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 12114
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right wingers how many isis fighters escaped fom kurd jail? 700? more?
_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 15513
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 7812

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Indeed.



That's awesome. Let them waste there time, money and soldiers.
This is all about Turkey wanting to take over this territory so they can find a new home for the millions of Syrian refugees that have been taken care of.
Let the Russian deal with it , just like they did in Afghanistan....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 12114
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Indeed.



That's awesome. Let them waste there time, money and soldiers.
This is all about Turkey wanting to take over this territory so they can find a new home for the millions of Syrian refugees that have been taken care of.
Let the Russian deal with it , just like they did in Afghanistan....


so those Issis fighter that have escaped is good ha...

the terrain is way different you moron, mountain vs desert. do you ever think through anything? what a low to no leevel non thinker you and yours are. moron Moscow MADD-dy

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalibuGuru



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 8717

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic. Now Russia can spend a couple of trillion dollars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group