myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Canceled Swap Meets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarryW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Canceled Swap Meets Reply with quote

The CGW2 swap meets scheduled for July 27th and August 31st have been canceled. The swap meet scheduled for September 28th is still a go.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U.
F.
B.

But at least they (apparently) posted that somewhere. Thanks, Garry; that's a tremendous help to me. When going sailing, I pack gear I want to test again before deciding what I may want to sell. Your heads-up lets me pack and sail what I want to PLAY on for a change. I'm going out to re-pack some of my load for tomorrow right now.

It also frees up a Saturday or two for my vastly overworked wife, who is a HUGE and indispensable asset in many ways to my swap meet trips. She understands our motivation for them (e.g., stepping over boards in my shop and den), but I can just see her sigh of relief when I tell her we just dodged a couple of swaps. We'd both be pissed if we had packed and driven for nothing, especially since they mean jumping out of bed at 3:00 AM, often after preparing 'til midnight.

It's sort of like a cancelled good wind forecast; it disappoints, but since we can't do anything about it, on balance it's one (two in this case) less major obligation. I gotta wonder ... would it be THAT much effort for CGW2 to post these events and changes right here in iW and/or email them to CGW2 members?
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on again.

Hello Everyone, due to a scheduling conflict, the July 27th Swap is being put off until the next one on Aug 31 at Luhr Jensen. Cheers, Bart

Tune in next week for the latest episode of "Who's On First?".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: