myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Infinity 84 wing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailworksman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slingshot Ghost Whisper 101 and 111 masts (made by Moses) are directly compatible to the Moses 900 fuselage. Otherwise there is no adapter that I'm aware of for other Slingshot mast types.
Gwarn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is what you are looking for...

www.mackiteboarding.com/moses-to-slingshot-adapter-plate/
sailworksman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moses windfoil mast to fuselage connections are longer and wider than their kitefoil connections. The Slingshot mast adaptor plate is intended for Moses kite/surf fuselages.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stringp wrote:
Running everything in C position. Slingshot boards are Tuttle box and running everything forward is not possible.

I run the 84 in C and the 76 in B on the Slingshot Wizard. Even in C position (wing forward), I still move my front footstraps back two holes with the 84.

just for clarification, here's a video which explains B & C positions. I know this has been confusing for a lot of people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXA2vC2o91g

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
stringp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve run everything in C position. I’m on a 145 Dialer which has a little more nose weight. I moved the mast track back 3” for the 84. It rides OK, there’s just no way I can keep the nose from diving during a gibe. I’ve read other forums where guys are drilling new holes in the fuse to get the foil farther forward. Really don’t want to reengineer the product to get it to work. So, $500 paperweight.
grantmac017

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shim the stab. I used a fiber washer slightly trimmed on the sides to fit.
That was for the H2 on a nose heavy board, same principle applies.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the 84 was designed for a big pilot.
BP has the weight to lever the nose up thru jibes.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:
just for clarification, here's a video which explains B & C positions. I know this has been confusing for a lot of people

Hallelujah! Most definitive, authoritative, and clear explanation I've seen yet. Thanks.

Now ...about footstraps. Positioning our feet sounds personal, and many sources recommend going without rear straps until we develop a feel for where our feet need to be. How about a compromise: looooong straps, spanning the whole strap mounting range? They seen to have several advantages, including:
1. Giving beginners some freedom in front and rear foot placement within the designed ballpark.

2. Back straps provide much greater resistance to tumbling forward or even getting launched when the nose touches down unexpectedly.

3. They adjust via screw holes rather than high-profile, bulky heaps of inner and outer materials, and are thus much lower profile than velcro-adjustable straps. This greatly reduces the hassle of dragging the rig across the deck when reorienting everything. With just one exception, Slingshot's straps are the worst, highest, least smooth offender in this regard that I've ever seen.

4. Some long, mounting-screw-adjustable straps have a very slick top, much less likely to snag the rig as it drags over them.

5. Loooong straps let our feet, in booties for protection from the wing, slide out of the straps in falls more reliably than shorter, laterally snug straps.

Maybe once a new windfoiler catches on, this is unnecessary, but it is a major and very discouraging hassle for me, especially when rigged small to foil rather than fly the sail and waterstart.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foiling does require weight shifts, but weighting front straps still allows for the backfoot to be IN a regular strap.
For example, a wide strap placement allows you to weight from -10 to +110 % of your weight as you shift from back to front.
Typical powered up windsurfing might require 90% backfoot
weighting, but the front foot is still IN a strap.
Convert now to foiling, where between 50-100% of your footpressure is on the front straps.
You can still have the rear foot IN it's strap.
exgolfer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: slingshot infinity 84 foil settings Reply with quote

]this from Wyatt may be of some help, as it certainly helped me. I am over 200lbs riding an 84 cm infinity wing on a 150L slightshot wizard board. moving the mast track bolt a small bit has been helpful for fine tuning....

]I just made a few videos on the Slingshot Sports Youtube page that helps answer a few of these questions. I will paste one link below,

(other slingshot foiling video here):
https://www.youtube.com/user/slingshotsports/videos

Windfoil is all about getting the balance placed right. I don’t feel weight matters all that much. You just want he center of lift right behind your front foot.

For windsurfing we never use position A

For all the wings except the Infinity 84 - we use position B

For your Infinity 84 use position C, to get the lift further forward. Same for Jibing and getting started.

The normal 42 inch stabilizer is mounted on the top of the fuse with wingtips pointing up.

For footsteps, I suggest all the way forward with the front straps, and one hole from the rear in the back straps. Some folks don’t like to use the back strap, but just like your normal windsurfing learning process, at first you can’t seem to get in the back strap and it feels awkward, but once you do get used to using the back strap…you will never go back and it will seem crazy that for a while you did not use them.

For starters put your mast base 107cm from the front tuttle bolt. Then adjust according to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrxr5RrTlk

Hope that helps!

Wyatt
Windsurfing Brand Manager
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: