myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
freewave boards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motogon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wavedave38, 2017 FW Stubby was little bouncy, in 2018 Fanatic changed something in shape of of FW STB, it's much better now. I would say my 2019 FW STB 115 less bouncy than my old 2017 FW 116. It also turns much better specially in thruster setup.
Tested Dyno on Bonaire and it feels more bouncy than 2019 Fanatic FW STB.

Wavedave38

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: follow up Reply with quote

I tried the fanatic stubby in cabarete last summer in various sizes. I also was able to ride the traditional fanatic freewave. I found in chop the traditional was much better controlled and didnt overpower as easily as fanatic freewave stubby. I tried various fins with the stubby but couldnt get dialed in. Tried putting more front foot pressure on it but didnt cooperate.
I also have the skate which I love .

I also rode the fanatic blast 115 and loved the ride.

You say they made changes in the freewave stubby. what exactly has made the difference in improvement.
I would like to get a 105 and a 95 freewave but very unsure about freewave stubby from fanatic, especially without trying the new improved version, unfortunately no where to demo around here.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: follow up Reply with quote

Wavedave38 wrote:
I tried the fanatic stubby in cabarete last summer in various sizes. I also was able to ride the traditional fanatic freewave. I found in chop the traditional was much better controlled and didnt overpower as easily as fanatic freewave stubby. I tried various fins with the stubby but couldnt get dialed in. Tried putting more front foot pressure on it but didnt cooperate.
I also have the skate which I love .

I also rode the fanatic blast 115 and loved the ride.

You say they made changes in the freewave stubby. what exactly has made the difference in improvement.
I would like to get a 105 and a 95 freewave but very unsure about freewave stubby from fanatic, especially without trying the new improved version, unfortunately no where to demo around here.

2017-2019 FreeWave STB hulls/shapes are the same. One difference is that the main fin was moved forward on the power box head by about 1cm (a little less than that)... also, subsequent boards came with slightly larger fins in the 95 and 105 sizes.

2020 will be a new shape with a narrower tail. You'll just have to wait a week or two before the new shape details are released.

Hope they didn't F this board up for 2020! I've really enjoyed my STB 85 & 95 the last three seasons.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
Wavedave38

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: follow up Reply with quote

I kind of feel the narrower tail will help reduce spin out allowing smaller fins to be used. I made that suggestion many months back on the fanatic forum. Kind of funny that they are doing that now although I doubt they listened to me, although they should hahaha
Laughing Laughing Laughing
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narrow (along with thin) tails' most obvious benefits are control, precision, and a smooth ride in chop. I have no interest in today's fat-assed potato chips unless I'm underpowered and the chop is minimal.
drysuit2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been riding RRD fsw Tri Fins now since 2014. I find them more versatile than quads or single fins. I am very satisfied. Depending on your needs, wants , conditions, and skills...a slight change of fins or footstrap position and you can cover petty much all you want to do.
Wavedave38

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: I knew they would do it Reply with quote

Fanatic has made some nice mods to freewave to blend the old with the new

An evolution of the Stubby outline blended with our legendary FreeWave DNA, the all new 2020 FreeWave is the true chameleon - ready to adapt and excel in all conditions.

We took our low-drag FreeWave STB a step further and refined the nose and pulled in the tail shape, resulting in increased control and manoeuvrability that rivals any classic waveboard on the wave face. That left us room to increase planing power through its rocker line, making the 2020 range clearly the most powerful FreeWave of all times!

From flat-water blasting to bump & jump to waves, the new Freewave is the one board that takes it all in its stride, and will boost your level across a bigger range of conditions than ever.
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this thread sounds like bs industry started advertising.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Wavedave should have revealed his industry connection long ago.
manuel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my findings here... regarding stubbies, non stubbies, freewaves and waves.
We can all adapt to any board, some are better jumpers/planers other better tuners. Each board comes with its own style and preference. Ultimately, at our level we can enjoy them all really.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: