myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Kite launch on Washington shore for 3 mile?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldhr

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Kite launch on Washington shore for 3 mile? Reply with quote

Is there a kite launch on the Washington side of 3 mile?
thanks in advance.....
isobars

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've walked or driven just about every inch of the WA shore of the
lower (and much of the upper) Columbia, and haven't found a WA access to 3-Mile that doesn't require lots of incredible brush-busting. We used to use McCredies to access Low Rocks (the best swell at 3-Mile) before crossing the tracks other than at an official crossing became a federal felony years ago. The hordes of rattlesnakes were less intimidating than the RR police.
ldhr

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the response!
swell_rider

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me wonder if McCreadies was shut down due to RR police, how come they've let so many people access the Lyle sandbar by crossing the same tracks?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official crossing? Indians? I see people bank-fishing across the tracks often. I have no idea why they are ignored.

McCredies in particular I can almost understand, because it has grown from a simple rural one-track corridor to a heavily used double- or triple-lane bypass/siding operation. But that doesn't change the law, and last time I looked the impenetrable overhead shoreline brush prohibits carrying even a board through, let alone a sail or any kite gear. Even back when the laws were different and there was a good (but very snake-infested) path to the shoreline, if we didn't come back to our very specific launch trail, there was no way ashore even without your gear except by walking over submerged sharp rocks back to your launch site. The shoreline vegetation is that thick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: