myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
clear and present danger
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3826

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac said:
Quote:
Despite a nearly unanimous Congressional vote to impose sanctions on Russians involved in hacking our elections, Trump directed Mnuchin to relax sanctions on a Russian oligarch. Trump has consistently tried to remove the economic sanctions of the Magnisky Act. There is no question that he is operating as a Russian asset. The only question is whether it is the result of his being compromised, being bribed, putting his economic interests above national interests, or just foolishness.


As I said, what was the result of that investigation? - not leftist speculation or wishful thinking. When an indictment and conviction occur, you can tell me "I told you so".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vientomas



Joined: 25 Apr 2000
Posts: 1955

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
And the question we all want answered - What was the result of that investigation?


The investigation is not finished:

The New York Times said FBI officials became suspicious of Trumpís ties to Russia during the 2016 presidential campaign, but held off on opening an investigation until Trump tied his dismissal of Comey to a probe into allegations of election meddling by Russia. The FBI also considered whether the Republican presidentís firing of Comey amounted to obstruction of justice.

U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller took over the investigation into Trump days after the FBI opened it, as he examined allegations of Russian election interference, the Times reported. Russia denies it sought to influence the election.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia/house-democrats-eye-reported-fbi-probe-of-trump-idUSKCN1P60QA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 15697
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Mac said:
Quote:
Despite a nearly unanimous Congressional vote to impose sanctions on Russians involved in hacking our elections, Trump directed Mnuchin to relax sanctions on a Russian oligarch. Trump has consistently tried to remove the economic sanctions of the Magnisky Act. There is no question that he is operating as a Russian asset. The only question is whether it is the result of his being compromised, being bribed, putting his economic interests above national interests, or just foolishness.


As I said, what was the result of that investigation? - not leftist speculation or wishful thinking. When an indictment and conviction occur, you can tell me "I told you so".


So youíre ok with Mnuchin helping the crooked Russian oligarch make more billions? And you donít think any of that is being kicked back?

Sad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 20004

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not one sane person on the planet that still believes that Trump was in collusion with Russia, that he is a Russian agent, that Russia is anywhere NEAR the threat China is, that walls don't significantly improve border control, that Trump is racist, that socialism works, that most news media are not in the pocket of the Left, that AGWA justifies crushing the rational world's economies, or that Trump's tax returns violate laws.

SO WHY CAN'T THE GODDAMNED GOVERNMENT, ESPECIALLY THE ONE-TRACK-MINDED DEMOCRATS, GET ON WITH THE BUSINESS THEY (AND THE REPUBLICANS) WERE ELECTED TO DO: RUN THE GOVERNMENT, WITH THE NATION AND ITS HONEST, LEGITIMATE CITIZENS IN MIND?

OOPS! Be careful what we ask for. They're doing less harm right now that they do when they're not shut down. And we should all envy the hundreds of thousands of government employees who are fishing, sitting on a beach, playing golf, taking temporary jobs, windsurfing, etc. knowing full well they always get full back pay for furloughed time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vientomas



Joined: 25 Apr 2000
Posts: 1955

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
There's not one sane person on the planet that still believes that Trump was in collusion with Russia, that he is a Russian agent, that Russia is anywhere NEAR the threat China is, that walls don't significantly improve border control, that Trump is racist, that socialism works, that most news media are not in the pocket of the Left, that AGWA justifies crushing the rational world's economies, or that Trump's tax returns violate laws.

SO WHY CAN'T THE GODDAMNED GOVERNMENT, ESPECIALLY THE ONE-TRACK-MINDED DEMOCRATS, GET ON WITH THE BUSINESS THEY (AND THE REPUBLICANS) WERE ELECTED TO DO: RUN THE GOVERNMENT, WITH THE NATION AND ITS HONEST, LEGITIMATE CITIZENS IN MIND?

OOPS! Be careful what we ask for. They're doing less harm right now that they do when they're not shut down. And we should all envy the hundreds of thousands of government employees who are fishing, sitting on a beach, playing golf, taking temporary jobs, windsurfing, etc. knowing full well they always get full back pay for furloughed time.


Still waiting for your response to this:

Please provide the citation for your claim that RBG stated that she admits legislating from the bench.

In your search, you may want to google "measured motions". Good luck and I eagerly await your response. Please don't waffle on your response, I'm looking for a direct quote from RBG wherein she states, "I legislate from the bench".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vientomas



Joined: 25 Apr 2000
Posts: 1955

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
OOPS! Be careful what we ask for. They're doing less harm right now that they do when they're not shut down. And we should all envy the hundreds of thousands of government employees who are fishing, sitting on a beach, playing golf, taking temporary jobs, windsurfing, etc. knowing full well they always get full back pay for furloughed time.


You are so in a bubble:

The shutdown has left approximately 800,000 federal workers in financial limbo. Around 420,000 "essential" employees are working without pay, while another 380,000 have been ordered to stay home, according to calculations provided to CNBC by Paul Light, a professor of public service at New York University.

In some cases, the furloughs have forced government employees to tap into their savings, rely on credit cards or crowdsource funds to make ends meet.

Government workers are far from alone in feeling stressed about not getting paid. Nearly 80 percent of American workers (78 percent) say they're living paycheck to paycheck, according to a 2017 report by employment website CareerBuilder. Women are particularly vulnerable: 81 percent of them report living paycheck to paycheck, compared with 75 percent of men.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-government-shutdown-spotlights-a-bigger-issue-78percent-of-us-workers-live-paycheck-to-paycheck/ar-BBS1cbe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
techno900



Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 3826

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
So youíre ok with Mnuchin helping the crooked Russian oligarch make more billions? And you donít think any of that is being kicked back?

Get back to me when indictments and convictions happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 15697
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
mac said:
Quote:
So youíre ok with Mnuchin helping the crooked Russian oligarch make more billions? And you donít think any of that is being kicked back?

Get back to me when indictments and convictions happen.


So anything short of a conviction is just jake with you? Even, apparently, the multiple close associates of Trump that have been convicted. Techno likes successful criminals.

As I said, Mnuchin is trying to end sanctions against a Russian oligarch who hacked our elections. This is what the collusion was all about. Team treason has a backer in Techno.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 12205
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a good short talk on why the fbi would open a investigation on him. But note no-one is including where trump junior was found by russian communications asking the russians if he could set up a comm channel the US intelligence agencies could not hear with Moscow.

again if you have nothing to hide why do you send your head of your campaign to another country to rendezvous with a russian KGB guy. and then the guy who did it even lie when he is giving a guilty plea.

again that the repukes will not get us who trump jt talked to with a blocked number before and right after the treason meeting with a foreign russian agent to break laws with stolen information by our worlds most dangerous enemy putin.

The republicans in the senate and house who have aided and abided this treason should be charged with treason.

again trump lied he said he and no-one even talked to a russian, and we are finding the lied. and he should go testify under oath over treason. again clinton did over a lawsuit about a girl who got a promotion before he was president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-0b5LF1X9c

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/nyt-report-on-fbi-s-expanding-probe-into-trump-russia-link-1424882755895

again why is trump trying to stop all investigations if he has nothing to hide. why not turn over all his taxes, and be deposed. these are such important issues of national security.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/fbi-opened-probe-into-trump-s-ties-to-russia-nyt-1425295939573

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 12205
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy i coined the name first...

Trump 'a clear and present danger': former DOJ counterintel chief

Quote:
David Laufman, former chief of the DOJ's counterintelligence and export control section, talks with Rachel Maddow about why he's speaking out about the risk...

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group