myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What is the cost of increased fires due to climate change?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when folks like NW claim that Democrats will ruin California fiscally—after Jerry Brown turned a huge deficit into a huge surplus. And Trumpand McConnell and Ryan turned a big deficit into a huge deficit. Evidence of the post-fact world.

Boggs is right. I would love to have sensible Republicans in local and State government looking seriously at fiscal issues and doing their homework. There is much we should do to push back against public employee unions and make sure the money that is spent is spent wisely. Unfortunately, Republicans were all in on an anti-Mexican initiative that helped push Pete Wilson to a second term—and chased most of the sensible Republicans out of the party.

In that context, the amount of money in this year’s budget for high speed rail is not significant. But it seems to be all that NW has.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I love it when folks like NW claim that Democrats will ruin California fiscally—after Jerry Brown turned a huge deficit into a huge surplus. And Trumpand McConnell and Ryan turned a big deficit into a huge deficit. Evidence of the post-fact world.

Boggs is right. I would love to have sensible Republicans in local and State government looking seriously at fiscal issues and doing their homework. There is much we should do to push back against public employee unions and make sure the money that is spent is spent wisely. Unfortunately, Republicans were all in on an anti-Mexican initiative that helped push Pete Wilson to a second term—and chased most of the sensible Republicans out of the party.

In that context, the amount of money in this year’s budget for high speed rail is not significant. But it seems to be all that NW has.

You're a funny guy, just say it, the "Republicans are racist", no matter how you try to couch it.
That alone cancels out anything else that you have to say.
It's like reading Dean's crap.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW remains unclear on the lessons of history. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-gop-is-now-the-party-of-neo-confederates/2018/11/25/d5d9dd88-f109-11e8-bc79-68604ed88993_story.html?fbclid=IwAR3_2y-IR5aQHYoURHZHqne0z-Mm_V4jfHqAH0lxVA-wqnsmhBCApR5d2ZU&noredirect=on&utm_term=.561d5d678542

Yes.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaPo, the far left's bible of news. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'm so convinced because of what that anti-Trump, and anything conservative rag has to say. Rolling Eyes
You can have your 'clarity' in the fog of that thin paper.
Like I said, "it's like reading Dean's crap", he posts from the WaPo all the time also, and MSNBC, and The Daily Kos. They're all the same.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
WaPo, the far left's bible of news. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'm so convinced because of what that anti-Trump, and anything conservative rag has to say. Rolling Eyes
Like I said, "it's like reading xxxs crap", he posts from the WaPo all the time also, and MSNBC, and The Daily Kos. They're all the same.

lets see the jones network, hows that pizza gate going for ya and more. pizzagate... ya right Hilary is running a child sex slae ring. and your right wingers believed it including a general...

brietbart, criminal enterprise, quality not journalism..

fox news the owners so partisan that he has paid out 10s of millions for his sexual deviants to rape more females. and rewards these rapists to get exit bonuses or tens of millions, he has his people hacking into dead people phones for stories . will not even call his trash news because he will be held to a standard that does not include raping or telling the truth.

In fact you are so pathetic you will not even tell us your sources for your hate.

mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Like I said, "it's like reading Dean's crap", he posts from the WaPo all the time also, and MSNBC, and The Daily Kos. They're all the same.

Max Boot fool.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coldest Thanksgiving here in the NE in decades. Over four feet so far in ski country.....thank god for global warming......I mean climate change.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that any of the anti-science crowd will actually read this or pay attention:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/27/climate/wildfire-global-warming.html
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLOBAL WARMING!
The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulate, at Bergen, Norway. Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.
Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.
Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the Gulf Stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared. Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.
Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable

I must apologize. I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 93 years ago
Must have been caused by the Model T Ford emissions........
mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who read it to you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: