myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
who is Jimmy Carter
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: who is Jimmy Carter Reply with quote

What a great man and president.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/6/17/1865476/-I-d-never-heard-of-this-Jimmy-Carter-story-before-We-did-not-deserve-him?utm_campaign=trending

you must be logged in to read this post.

Quote:
This story is in the late Jerry Parr’s book “In the Secret Service”. Parr was the agent who saved Reagan’s life.

Last edited by real-human on Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: who is Jimmy Carter Reply with quote

I agree, Carter was a much better president than he gets credit for, and not just from this anecdote (whether true or not).

-Craig

real-human wrote:
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: who is Jimmy Carter Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
I agree, Carter was a much better president than he gets credit for, and not just from this anecdote (whether true or not).

-Craig

real-human wrote:

I agree. I never could get over the bad taste in my mouth when I would see Ted Kennedy and recall how he was responsible for sabotaging Carter's Presidency.

Even with that, when you list Carter's accomplishments they are impressive for a one term President who inherited a terrible economy.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carter is a gentleman. He must be disgusted with many in his party, they have turned into a party of airheads and radicals..
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carter has made it clear that he is disgusted by Trump. Along with 52% of the country.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Carter has made it clear that he is disgusted by Trump. Along with 52% of the country.

Actually Carter has shown respect for Trump and the office unlike most others on the left.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/08/29/jimmy_carter_wrong_to_talk_about_impeaching_trump.html
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

Actually Carter has shown respect for Trump and the office unlike most others on the left.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/08/29/jimmy_carter_wrong_to_talk_about_impeaching_trump.html

Selective research. Carter has described Trump as a disater on equality, and was particularly concerned about the selection of Bolton. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/03/26/jimmy-carter-decries-donald-trump-decision-hire-john-bolton-disaster-our-country/459458002/
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:

Selective research. Carter has described Trump as a disater on equality, and was particularly concerned about the selection of Bolton. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/03/26/jimmy-carter-decries-donald-trump-decision-hire-john-bolton-disaster-our-country/459458002/

And he has praised him for other things...Carter's criticism is always with class and dignity. Something the left has forgotten.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funniest post of the month. Matty, Trump's die hard supporter, waxing nostalgic about class and dignity.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Funniest post of the month. Matty, Trump's die hard supporter, waxing nostalgic about class and dignity.

Poor old mac can't help but spew his venom...

Unlike you I am willing to show respect to a fine man who I politically oppose on many issues. And unlike you Carter was a gentlemen...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: