myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
footstraps again....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manuel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot to say that loose straps feel way weird at first, driving a board through chop and current with a rolled front foot takes some practice.

I like primos because they don't stick, so when my feet are wedged in them deep to my ankles and I fall forward I can leap forward and get out of them. If not, then they are too tight.

Some (most?) freestylers like that they squeeze from the sides, I don't, I don't mind as much on the back foot but for waves I like to be able to rotate inside of them.

rtz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:
Curious , what does the,least best sailor use

Just whatever came on the board or cheap replacements(no favorites).
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footstraps are about as personal as shoes ... hell, feet. Dakine Supremos won't adjust big enough for my feet, Tyrants won't adjust small enough. Fortunately, it's easy to snip the Tyrants inner arch down to size. I infinitely prefer externally adjusting straps ... except during bootie season (April and November where I live).
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those that wear booties , do so close to all the time.
Those that share a rig, have a different problem.

After having the luxury of booties for traction , bare foot is slippery

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
fxop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Da Kine Primo for ease of getting feet in and out. The Primo is fairly slim, not flabby, not wide.

Da Kine also has the Supremo. This used to be their most rigid traditional strap. Has extra rubber layer to give it more shape. That rubber section has a tendency to break near the screws. A few years ago they made this strap much more cushy, increasing the width. It lost its appeal to me and I switched to the Primo.

If your front foot is properly levered up against the strap as you carve it is much easier to get your foot out. Booties complicate things immensely, which is why I look for booties that don't have any rubber on top or lapped up the sides. Not trying to start the detested bootie thread again, just saying.

fxop
manuel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird I think booties make it much easier and strap-independent since they offer padding themselves and stick well too (why probably liked by freestylers). One could literally forget about the wrapping and use just the webbing itself Very Happy !!!!

I cannot use the primos barefoot, they hurt my feet because the inner strap isn't rounded (like on Fanatic straps). JP straps have gel instead of neoprene and is more comfortable. So I add add padding to it. The supremos is a good idea but apparently is prone to failure and the inherent stretch may cause issues?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: