myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Airhead Diversity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vientomas



Joined: 25 Apr 2000
Posts: 316

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
vientomas wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Minutiae son , minutiae .....Were you enraged, calling for Bush/Reagan's head in 1983, when the administration circumvented Congress, did a hostage deal with Iran , then took proceeds they received for arms sales, and supported the Contras, a rebel group secretly funded by the CIA? Which happened to be previously run by the VP? No, didn't think so , so please shelve your fake outrage today.. Go hit the skiers edge and let me know when you're ready for KT next January....



If I remember correctly Reagan got a whole lot of heat and bad press for that....true or false???

nice try!!

His administration threw dozens of people under the bus, ruined many lives...
You're missing the point. again... shocking. You only reason you care about the Iran situation is because it was Obama. Just be honest with yourself, its a lot easier and healthier.



Boggs you really are a typical liberal, keep defending the most corrupt president we have ever had. Is it because your a liberal or a pussy(unable criticize a black man)???

Grow a pair dude, you really expose yourself as a mindless liberal when you defend such reprehensible behavior.

It was such a bad deal it would never have passed congress, and that's without them even knowing about this 5.7 billion dollar bonus..


Reading comprehension Mat-ty, it's a valuable skill. Are you claiming Iran got their $5.7 bil converted to dollars by the Obama admin.? You did say Iran got a "bonus". What was the bonus?

WASHINGTON (AP) — After striking an elusive nuclear deal with Iran, the Obama administration found itself in a quandary in early 2016: Iran had been promised access to its long-frozen overseas reserves, including $5.7 billion stuck in an Omani bank.

To spend it, Iran wanted to convert the money into U.S. dollars and then euros, but top U.S. officials had repeatedly promised Congress that Iran would never gain access to America’s financial system.

Those assurances notwithstanding, the Obama administration secretly issued a license to let Iran sidestep U.S. sanctions for the brief moment required to convert the funds through an American bank, an investigation by Senate Republicans released Wednesday showed. The plan failed when two U.S. banks refused to participate.

According to the report, Iran is believed to have found other ways to access its money, possibly by exchanging it in smaller quantities through another currency.

https://apnews.com/27e8179cf10140dca7eb86b3488f01e2

I predict another round of insults when Mat-ty realizes he is wrong yet again...or perhaps one of his patented goal post moves to deflect the fact that he is wrong...3, 2, 1...Go!



We were told a bold face lie and you douche bags want to spin it to something else. Liberal morons too immature to admit to the facts.

Thankfully the two banks were not willing to do the dirty work for dog-pile and horse-face.


Hold on there Mat-ty dear. You accuse me of "spin"? Come on bro, you were stating that Iran got a $5.7 bil "bonus" as a resut of the Obama admin. That is in fact FALSE. Now you move the goal post (as predicted) and complain that the Obama admin. told a lie. Talk about spin! From a $5.7 "bonus" to not being thruthful. The depth of your delusion cracks me up Mat-ty! Thanks for a hearty Friday morning laugh Laughing Laughing Laughing

As predicted, you also reverted to your insults..."DB" and "moron". Thanks for proving me right on that Mat-ty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 6460
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Minutiae son , minutiae .....Were you enraged, calling for Bush/Reagan's head in 1983, when the administration circumvented Congress, did a hostage deal with Iran , then took proceeds they received for arms sales, and supported the Contras, a rebel group secretly funded by the CIA? Which happened to be previously run by the VP? No, didn't think so , so please shelve your fake outrage today.. Go hit the skiers edge and let me know when you're ready for KT next January....



If I remember correctly Reagan got a whole lot of heat and bad press for that....true or false???

nice try!!

His administration threw dozens of people under the bus, ruined many lives...
You're missing the point. again... shocking. You only reason you care about the Iran situation is because it was Obama. Just be honest with yourself, its a lot easier and healthier.



Boggs you really are a typical liberal, keep defending the most corrupt president we have ever had. Is it because your a liberal or a pussy(unable criticize a black man)???

Grow a pair dude, you really expose yourself as a mindless liberal when you defend such reprehensible behavior.

It was such a bad deal it would never have passed congress, and that's without them even knowing about this 5.7 billion dollar bonus..

Most corrupt ever? Not by a longshot. Matty, your problem is that you are beyond partisan. Why don't you spend some time and really examine how our Government works.. Are you really an expert in Middle Eastern affairs? Do you know what it takes to do a deal with a nuclear capable adversary? Do you understand the history of US-Iranian relations? going back to 70's? Based on your response above concerning Reagan , I would say NO!
So, here's my advice ..Pull your head out of Sean Hannity's ass, and go read a few books on US/Middle East relations...
BTW- You are older than I am, and I remember Iran/Contra like it was yesterday... So, I would say it is you who is the "shithead"...that felt good...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 4483

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Minutiae son , minutiae .....Were you enraged, calling for Bush/Reagan's head in 1983, when the administration circumvented Congress, did a hostage deal with Iran , then took proceeds they received for arms sales, and supported the Contras, a rebel group secretly funded by the CIA? Which happened to be previously run by the VP? No, didn't think so , so please shelve your fake outrage today.. Go hit the skiers edge and let me know when you're ready for KT next January....



If I remember correctly Reagan got a whole lot of heat and bad press for that....true or false???

nice try!!

His administration threw dozens of people under the bus, ruined many lives...
You're missing the point. again... shocking. You only reason you care about the Iran situation is because it was Obama. Just be honest with yourself, its a lot easier and healthier.



Boggs you really are a typical liberal, keep defending the most corrupt president we have ever had. Is it because your a liberal or a pussy(unable criticize a black man)???

Grow a pair dude, you really expose yourself as a mindless liberal when you defend such reprehensible behavior.

It was such a bad deal it would never have passed congress, and that's without them even knowing about this 5.7 billion dollar bonus..

Most corrupt ever? Not by a longshot. Matty, your problem is that you are beyond partisan. Why don't you spend some time and really examine how our Government works.. Are you really an expert in Middle Eastern affairs? Do you know what it takes to do a deal with a nuclear capable adversary? Do you understand the history of US-Iranian relations? going back to 70's? Based on your response above concerning Reagan , I would say NO!
So, here's my advice ..Pull your head out of Sean Hannity's ass, and go read a few books on US/Middle East relations...
BTW- You are older than I am, and I remember Iran/Contra like it was yesterday... So, I would say it is you who is the "shithead"...that felt good...



Lied to the world, broke the sanctions, lied to congress, freed up 5.7 billion to the worlds most dangerous terrorist regime, and put the world in harms way. And you blame Hannity......you're a fucking moron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 6460
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprisingly, you are wrong on ALL counts in your brilliance above ....
I don't blame Hannity, I blame the righty propaganda machine--taking poor saps like yourself and brainwashing them into helpless bots...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vientomas



Joined: 25 Apr 2000
Posts: 316

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Minutiae son , minutiae .....Were you enraged, calling for Bush/Reagan's head in 1983, when the administration circumvented Congress, did a hostage deal with Iran , then took proceeds they received for arms sales, and supported the Contras, a rebel group secretly funded by the CIA? Which happened to be previously run by the VP? No, didn't think so , so please shelve your fake outrage today.. Go hit the skiers edge and let me know when you're ready for KT next January....



If I remember correctly Reagan got a whole lot of heat and bad press for that....true or false???

nice try!!

His administration threw dozens of people under the bus, ruined many lives...
You're missing the point. again... shocking. You only reason you care about the Iran situation is because it was Obama. Just be honest with yourself, its a lot easier and healthier.



Boggs you really are a typical liberal, keep defending the most corrupt president we have ever had. Is it because your a liberal or a pussy(unable criticize a black man)???

Grow a pair dude, you really expose yourself as a mindless liberal when you defend such reprehensible behavior.

It was such a bad deal it would never have passed congress, and that's without them even knowing about this 5.7 billion dollar bonus..

Most corrupt ever? Not by a longshot. Matty, your problem is that you are beyond partisan. Why don't you spend some time and really examine how our Government works.. Are you really an expert in Middle Eastern affairs? Do you know what it takes to do a deal with a nuclear capable adversary? Do you understand the history of US-Iranian relations? going back to 70's? Based on your response above concerning Reagan , I would say NO!
So, here's my advice ..Pull your head out of Sean Hannity's ass, and go read a few books on US/Middle East relations...
BTW- You are older than I am, and I remember Iran/Contra like it was yesterday... So, I would say it is you who is the "shithead"...that felt good...



Lied to the world, broke the sanctions, lied to congress, freed up 5.7 billion to the worlds most dangerous terrorist regime, and put the world in harms way. And you blame Hannity......you're a fucking moron.


Yet another scintillting display of insight and intellect from our dear Mat-ty. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 4483

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Not surprisingly, you are wrong on ALL counts in your brilliance above ....
I don't blame Hannity, I blame the righty propaganda machine--taking poor saps like yourself and brainwashing them into helpless bots...



Which part nitwit, all 100% true. This is why there will never be civil debate on this forum because clowns like you will never yield an inch in front of a mountain of evidence.


Is Portman a liar???
Is Iran the largest funder of terrorism ???
Were the American people lied to???
Was Congress lied to???
Were sanctions broken???

All yes dipshit. grow a pair.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/obama-administration-secretly-helped-iran-skirt-financial-sanctions/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 4483

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Not surprisingly, you are wrong on ALL counts in your brilliance above ....
I don't blame Hannity, I blame the righty propaganda machine--taking poor saps like yourself and brainwashing them into helpless bots...



Which part nitwit, all 100% true. This is why there will never be civil debate on this forum because clowns like you will never yield an inch in front of a mountain of evidence.


Is Portman a liar???
Is Iran the largest funder of terrorism ???
Were the American people lied to???
Was Congress lied to???
Were sanctions broken???

All yes dipshit. grow a pair.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/obama-administration-secretly-helped-iran-skirt-financial-sanctions/



https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/obama-took-lying-to-new-heights-with-the-iran-deal/2018/06/07/b75f72d2-6a7c-11e8-9e38-24e693b38637_story.html?utm_term=.54cbecbecb8d
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 4483

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then, after issuing the license, the Obama administration explicitly denied to Congress that it had done so. Lew and Szubin both failed to disclose the license in congressional testimony while continuing to assert that the Obama administration would not give Iran access to U.S. financial institutions — when they had just tried to do so. And in a June 2016 letter to Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), Treasury officials declared “The U.S. Department of Treasury is not working on behalf of Iran to enable Iranian access to U.S. dollars elsewhere in the international financial system, nor are we assisting Iran in gaining access to dollar payment systems outside the U.S. financial system. The Administration has not been and is not planning to grant Iran access to the U.S. financial system.” This was patently false.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 6460
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Not surprisingly, you are wrong on ALL counts in your brilliance above ....
I don't blame Hannity, I blame the righty propaganda machine--taking poor saps like yourself and brainwashing them into helpless bots...



Which part nitwit, all 100% true. This is why there will never be civil debate on this forum because clowns like you will never yield an inch in front of a mountain of evidence.


Is Portman a liar??? NO
Is Iran the largest funder of terrorism ??? YES, not your statement above.
Were the American people lied to??? NO
Was Congress lied to??? NO
Were sanctions broken??? Maybe

All yes dipshit. grow a pair.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/obama-administration-secretly-helped-iran-skirt-financial-sanctions/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 10920
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paralysis is a product of both naked partisanship and letting perfect be the enemy of good. Iran is a disruptive player in the Middle East--but the same can be said about US allies Saudi Arabia and Israel. Iran is a much more modern and educated society than either Iraq or Saudi Arabia, with a certain undercurrent of resistance to the autocratic leadership. Iran was well on its way to developing nuclear weapons, and Obama, Kerry and Clinton negotiated an agreement that delayed progress towards nuclear weapons by at least a decade. Progress could not have been achieved with a bombing campaign, as advocated by Cheney, because the nuclear facilities were under mountains. Progress could not have been achieved without negotiated sanctions, which required diplomacy, and for which Clinton's part is rarely acknowledged.

Criticizing the Iran deal because it did not stop Iran's proxy war with Saudi Arabia is misguided. It's analogous to refusing to go windsurfing on a nice day because the swell isn't as big as you would like. The bet was always that providing relief from sanctions would allow more moderate elements in Iran to prevail politically. Trump has eliminated all possibility of that. Without any understanding of the benefits and costs of the Trump approach, Matty attacks it because it was an Obama accomplishment. As is often said, SAD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group