myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who is Michael Cohen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
techno900 wrote:
coboardhead said:
Quote:
Does the check that Trump wrote to silence an affair not mean anything to you? It is his personal check.

What about the Congressional Accountability Act? From Fact Check:
Quote:
The meme is false — the money isn’t paid from an illegal “slush fund.” It’s unknown how much of the $17 million total over the last 20 years went to sexual harassment claim settlements. However, allegations of sexual abuse and harassment against powerful men like Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, Rep. Conyers and Sen. Al Franken (D-Minnesota), NBC News anchor Matt Lauer and in the days leading up to the 2016 presidential election, President Donald Trump, have raised awareness of how rampant the problem is and how secretive and bureaucratically-cumbersome the process is for handling complaints against legislators — at the expense of taxpayers.

All men who deserved to lose their jobs IMO. Let's make it 100%. Men who pay off women to hush affairs do not deserve to be in office. Period.

I am so tired of the GOP and their "moral superiority" while they look the other way when Trump does this sort of thing.

Cobo Trumps activities with woman were willing participants, or should I say paid...big difference.

Are you condoning his behavior? If this is not a problem, why did Trump pay to have it hushed? Why did he lie about it?

Personally, if a man has affairs with other women, that's his deal. But, hiding it during an election by paying them off is something entirely different. I wonder if he 1099ed her for this service? Let's see his tax returns!

He was being extorded, these woman were paid hush money and then came back for more when he was running for President.....Yawn.

If you're hoping this will bring Trump down you are as delusional as Mac.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extord? Looks like we have to close Matty’s grade school for non-performance.
vientomas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of the "women" (they have names Matty), Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels were not seeking additional money from Trump. They wanted to sell their story to the highest bidder. You got something against capitalism Matty? So, it was not "extordion".
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
I guess NW missed the part where Don Jr, in addition to his role in cooking the books at the Trump foundation, told his dad about the upcoming meeting with the Russkies.

NW is part of the cover-up of Trump crimes.

Can you provide the law that says it's illegal to meet with Russians...Oh that's right it is not against the law.....spring is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes when it is to have them illegally steal information and weaponize it. receipt of stolen information, especially not telling the fbi that you are aware of who stole democrats info is a felony.

in fact trump lied and tried to cover up for the Russians saying it was some 400 lb guy who can not get out of bed. that is also a crime.

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as noted cohen said stone called trump on a speakerphone and noted that they were going to get the russians to attack the usa election.

cohen brought up other instances of trump lies and lawlessness and others.

now we need an ultra-partisan democrat independent counsel that will go for the jugular. a life long republican fbi guy is not out to kill his party, just as we see the repukes have been stalling testimony and witnesses as evidenced by Deutsche Bank now giving freely info where the right wingers did not ask them with the threat of having them arrested, again the right is party over the truth.

from info in cohens testimony, there was enough that the trump kids should have had cases filed upon them well before the last election. This would have cost the Republicans the Senate. Mueller is protecting his party.

again we can not allow the theft of an election by anyone. Crimes committed before the election need to remove the party who did it. We can not reward criminality to win our elections.

again if not, why not as a Russian government put 100s of millions into electing who they want IN ALL FUTURE ELECTIONS if they can be forgiven for billions in other areas.

again the repukes could have forced d bank to give the trump info 2 years ago. But they are colluding and are committing treason to help trump.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/waters-house-staffers-working-with-deutsche-bank-on-trump-docs-1450957379695?cid=eml_mra_20190302

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the right wing mentioned he was a convicted liar over 100 times to defend trump the serial liar.

But more hypocrisy when at least one on the right said it was unprecedented to have a liar in front of them...

here the freshman rep shows that the right wing were the liars about cohen.

nw30

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stones former protege a life long republican who worked for trump says stone is lying and cohen is the one telling the truth.

https://www.msnbc.com/weekends-with-alex-witt/watch/sam-nunberg-trump-throws-people-out-like-garbage-1451032643807

Sam Nunberg: Trump throws people out like ‘garbage’

Quote:
Fixer-turned-felon Michael Cohen made several bombshell claims under other this past Wednesday in front of the House Oversight Committee. Former Trump campaign adviser Sam Nunberg joins Alex Witt to weigh in on Cohen’s testimony and make sense of the key names he mentioned.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this guy should be locked up. his attack of a witness before they testified is so clear. again nothing he said was not to try to obstruct justice.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/accused-witness-tampering-trump-congressional-ally-scrambles?cid=eml_mra_20190304

Accused of witness tampering, Trump congressional ally scrambles
03/04/19 12:44 PM
By Steve Benen
Quote:
The day before Michael Cohen’s congressional testimony, one of Donald Trump’s most flamboyantly partisan allies sent the former “fixer” an unusual message via Twitter.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) wrote, “Do your wife & father-in-law know about your girlfriends? Maybe tonight would be a good time for that chat. I wonder if she’ll remain faithful when you’re in prison. She’s about to learn a lot.”

Almost immediately, legal experts weighed in, suggesting the missive looked an awful lot like the Republican congressman was trying to influence Cohen’s testimony – which would be witness tampering, which is a felony.

In the face of difficult questions, Gaetz initially refused to back down. As Vanity Fair reports, the Florida Republican is now in full retreat.

“Mr. Cohen, this is Congressman Matt Gaetz,” he wrote in a text to Cohen. “I am writing to personally tell you I’m sorry for the tweet that I sent which many believe was threatening to you. It was never ever ever my intent to threaten you in any way.”

“While you don’t know me,” he continued, “that is not who I am and how I operate. I do not wish any harm to you or your family. I was upset at what was transpiring and chose my words poorly. I will work to be better, as I know you said today you will as well. Have a good evening. – Matt.”

For those keeping score, this was not the GOP lawmaker’s only apology. Gaetz also published a tweet last week expressing his regrets.

It’s possible, of course, that Gaetz, after having a little time to reflect on his antics, realized he went too far, and he’s now sincerely apologizing. It’s also possible that the congressman is scrambling because he fears the consequences of his actions.

The Florida Bar Association is now investigating Gaetz, and congressional Democrats have raised the specter of an ethics investigation.

I’m not saying Gaetz’s apologies are insincere, but I’d also be interested to know whether they were the result of recommendations from counsel.

mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaetz has close ties.

Quote:
Why a Florida congressman invited a notorious alt-right troll to SOTU
By MARC CAPUTO 01/31/2018 06:44 PM EST
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
His Florida colleagues invited hurricane survivors, and the family of a hostage in Iran. Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz, however, invited a far more inflammatory guest to the State of the Union address: Chuck Johnson, a alt-right troll who’s been banned from Twitter and accused of Holocaust denying and white nationalism.

“I had no idea who he was,” Gaetz said Wednesday, disavowing some of the racist views attributed to Johnson, which the congressman said he learned of after they met earlier this week.

But even after Gaetz found out just how controversial Johnson was — the Capitol Police had flagged the name and called Gaetz to inquire about Johnson in a mysterious unrelated matter — the first-term congressman decided not to pull his ticket to President Trump’s speech.

The two have similar libertarian views on cryptocurrencies and marijuana, Gaetz said. A provocative and increasingly ubiquitous cable news guest, Gaetz has become a leading House voice criticizing the federal investigation into President Trump.

Johnson said he loves what he hears from Gaetz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: