myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Guvna Brown this POS is back in America

A US military veteran who was deported to Mexico has become a US citizen 14 years after he was kicked out of the country.

Hector Barajas-Varela was expelled from the country after serving more than one year in prison for shooting at an occupied home. He founded the Deported Veterans Support House in Tijuana to help deportees adjust to life there and has advocated to allow deported veterans to return to the United States.

“Regardless of what these men and women have done,” he said, “they shouldn’t be deported. It’s morally wrong.”
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just California. The following three newspaper items really hit the nail on the head regarding the impact of libthink on our lives, our families, and our future around much of the globe.

1. Both the headline and the story worded it this way: Local student “Died from Suicide”. WRONG! He didn’t “die”; he frigging KILLED HIMSELF. DAMN, but I’m sick of political correctness. How are we going to impress upon our kids the impact of suicide [or drugs, or DWHUCP (driving with head up cell phone)] and its many causes and potential solutions if we euphemize every little thing that may upset their delicate psyches? UPSET THE STUPID, SHELTERED LITTLE BASTARDS when appropriate and maybe they’ll learn that the real world does not always award a blue ribbon just for showing up and s/he is not the center of that world.

2. Some states, encouraged by Utah’s new law, are trying with limited success to pass laws ALLOWING PARENTS TO LET THEIR KIDS GROW UP. Quote: “Free-range parenting is the concept that giving kids the freedom to do things alone — like explore a playground or ride a bike to school.”

HUH? The CONCEPT of freedom? That needs some explanation, at least in a free country under assault from libthink. Below are some jaw-dropping examples of the necessity of such a law in states where freedom is only a CONCEPT (e.g., California, where my infamous sammich incident occurred when a state trooper told me “There’s no sign saying you CAN park here, so you CAN’T” and ordered me to leave immediately.) It pisses me off that the only man in the country I trust to treat my cancer is in CA, forcing me to violate my mid-1980s oath never to set foot there again.

• Parents have been investigated by child-welfare authorities in several high-profile cases, including a Maryland couple who allowed their 10- and 6-year-old children to walk home alone from a park. THEY SHOULD BE NEUTERED!

• A mother was arrested for child abuse (or abandonment or slaughter or consumption or some such nonsense) because her grade-school kids were actually playing in their own front yard as she watched from the kitchen window where she was washing dishes. SHE SHOULD BE EXECUTED!

• A police officer knocked on a mom’s front door and threatened to call child services after seeing her 3-and-a-half-year-old son standing at the end of their own driveway talking to neighborhood kids. TALKING TO NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS! Can you IMAGINE that? He’s lucky to be alive.

Hey, libs: THOSE ARE NOT YOUR GODDAMNED SNOT-NOSED KIDS! They’re MINE, and MY NEIGHBORS’, and the guys’ down the block and around the country! MYOFB, at least until my snot-nosed kid does something that actually IS your business. At least that way maybe other people’s kids have a prayer of growing up to be confident, self-reliant, and resilient while your sniveling little tethered Fauntleroy doesn’t grow up at all ... he just becomes a bigger Fauntleroy, expecting life to be hand-fed until he dies.

That world and mine are galaxies apart, and I value my exceptional freedom and its emotional and tangible rewards more than any other aspect of my 74 years on this planet.

3. A perfect example is in the recent Dear Abby column in which Fauntleroy asks:
“I was late to work because I slept in. My boss was upset about it, but it’s really none of his business, is it? What I do on my own time isn’t the business of my employer. This has happened a few times, but I don’t think it’s his place to tell me what to do outside of work. How is that legal? I need the extra sleep in the mornings because I like to stay out late at night, which is my right as an American.” — MY BUSINESS IN INDIANA

DEAR MY BUSINESS, she responds in part, “Because you prioritize your social life above your work life, consider looking for a job that starts later or has flexible hours. You may need it.”

For millennials in particular and for the older liberals who don’t understand the concepts of freedom, obligations, commitments, and consequences … The boss’s business IS his business, by definition, and Fauntleroy signed a contract selling his ass to the BOSS’S business 8 hours a day. That's why s/he's called the BOSS. Perform your duties as legally and contractually assigned, Fauntleroy, and either STFU or get a different job. (Fauntleroy's attitude is not rare among millennials; I’ve heard the same complaint from many bosses for the past few years. It’s one of the consequences when people are awarded blue ribbons for breathing.)

Worse yet, libthink spills into our personal lives. When a Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association/CGWA board member suggested towing cars that were blocking the federal roadway into a Gorge launch site (the Hatchery, which was closed years ago for exactly that offense), another board member joked, “We can’t do that! It may offend someone.” It wasn’t until heads nodded and everyone stared at me when I laughed that it dawned on me that not only was he not joking, but THE REST OF THE BOARD AGREED WITH HIM. That was my first awareness of libthink, and it stunned me enough to realize that ostensible sanity and rational thought do not necessarily coexist. That discovery of libthink damned near ruined the next 25 years of my life, until I wised up and realized that such insanity is not isolated and that paying attention to politics beyond deciding for whom to vote is a waste of time.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2003–2014 American Time Use Survey showed that the average full-time college student spends only 2.76 hours a day on education-related activities such as classes and studying, but 4.4 hours per day in leisure activities* ... i.e., fun. They’re spending almost three times as much time on leisure, shopping, and eating as they are going to class and doing their homework. And get this: THEIR PARENTS SUPPORT THIS NONSENSE and/or THEY GO INTO STUDENT LOAN DEBT TO FUND THIS VACATION AND EXPECT THE TAXPAYERS TO BAIL THEM OUT. Stupid, spoiled little shits! No WONDER they think it’s OK to sleep in rather than get to work on time.

* Leisure is defined therein as partying, socializing, sports, exercising, recreation, etc. but doesn't even include shopping, grooming, personal care, housework, cooking, or eating. No WONDER they don’t take the time to question the criminal level of libthink being shoved into every orifice of their bodies by liberal extremist professors; they’re not taking their education seriously. My hypothetical kids would not get one cent from me for that laughable … no, disgusting … level of effort, and anyone who would hire anyone with that work ethic is a fool.

Source:
http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/11/study-college-students-spend-far-time-playing-studying/
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hold back? Tell us what you really think.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points Isobars.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all isobars' talk about younger folks having this unreasonable entitlement view, you have to apply it to his sandwich encounter with the California Highway Patrol at Lopez Lake. After all, he brought the issue up.

Most thoughtful folks in the area know that no parking is allowed along the highway bordering the lake, because if the authorities slacked off, folks would park and fish off the road avoiding the use charges that the county of SLO requires for those using the lake.

In isobars' often repeated tale of Lopez Lake, I think that he fails to understand the practical circumstances of the situation and the role of the CHP plays in it. Ironically, he feels he has this sense of entitlement and whines greatly that his freedom is being unreasonably compromised.

Why didn't they understand that he is special? He just wanted to hang out and do his own thing.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Famous story though...
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, my home county gets it right!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
San Diego County supervisors vote 3-1 to support the Trump lawsuit against California sanctuary laws
4-17-18

The San Diego County Board of Supervisors voted 3-1 Tuesday to support the Trump administration’s lawsuit against California over so-called sanctuary laws that the state passed last year to limit its role in immigration enforcement.
The county will file an amicus brief at the first available opportunity, likely if and when the case moves to a higher court on appeal, said Supervisor Kristin Gaspar, chairwoman of the board.
The board voted in closed session after 45 minutes of public comment in which most speakers in the packed chambers urged the supervisors to vote against supporting the lawsuit.
Margaret Baker, who lives near the border, told the board that backing the lawsuit will discourage immigrants from reporting crime.

“We see this lawsuit as an attack on our safety and the well-being of our community,” she said.
David Garcias, president of the San Diego chapter of the union that represents county government employees, told the supervisors, “I believe you’re on the wrong side of history. This will affect your legacy.”
The three supervisors who voted to support the lawsuit said it was about public safety.
“We’re talking about people who are crossing the border illegally, coming into this county and committing a crime and them being let loose probably to commit another crime,” said Dianne Jacob, supervisor for the district that covers East County. “That creates a public-safety issue and creates a problem in our neighborhoods.”
She worried about terrorists crossing the border illegally, she said.
“This is a different day than it was 20, 30, 40 years ago,” Jacob said. “That’s why it was important for us to stand up, as controversial as it was.”
Gaspar said San Diego was safer before the new laws, specifically Senate Bill 54, went into effect. SB 54 limits the ways in which local law enforcement officers can interact with federal immigration officials.
“The status quo was safer in San Diego,” she said, adding that now immigration officers make more arrests out in the community because they can’t make those arrests at jails. “The best place for ICE to be is in the jail and not out in the community.”

During the announcement of the vote, Gaspar showed printouts of emails she received from each side of the debate. The stack of emails criticizing her for considering support for the lawsuit was not much thicker than a legal pad. The stack of emails asking her to support the Trump administration’s legal challenge was more than a foot tall.

For the rest~
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/immigration/sd-me-sanctuary-vote-20180417-story.html
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW...nothing more than political grandstanding to get the minions worked up...which appears to be working.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
NW...nothing more than political grandstanding to get the minions worked up...which appears to be working.

Yeah, sure it is. I usually don't get involved on polls, but this one is from Berkeley.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Poll finds half of Californians OK with travel ban
By Tatiana Sanchez, Bay Area News Group

About half of Californians say they support President Trump’s Muslim travel ban and more deportations of undocumented immigrants, according to a new poll that challenges the conventional belief that residents of the left-leaning Golden State are overwhelmingly allergic to the administration’s hard line on immigration.
The survey released Wednesday by UC Berkeley’s Haas Institute for a Fair and Inclusive Society shows that while residents of the country’s only sanctuary state value diversity and inclusion on all fronts — from economic and racial justice to immigration reform — their viewpoints on politics, race “It’s a state whose progressive movement has grown and matured… and yet we’re still seeing high levels of inequality across the state and other social justice issues that are problematic,” said Olivia Araiza, director of the Haas Institute’s Blueprint for Belonging project, which commissioned the survey. The group, which opposes Trump’s policies, said it found some of the results unsettling.
About 24 percent of the survey’s participants said it’s “very important” for the U.S. to increase deportations of undocumented immigrants, while 35 percent said it’s “somewhat important,” according to the poll. That viewpoint even held true in the Bay Area, where 25 percent of those surveyed said increasing deportations is very important and 35 percent said it’s somewhat important.

For the rest~
www.dailydemocrat.com/general-news/20180418/poll-finds-half-of-californians-ok-with-travel-ban
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 12 of 205

Jump to: