myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Let's Start a Trade War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
So we wrapped up a new trade deal with Mexico a few weeks ago and now we are about to ink a deal with Canada...…..thank you president Trump for standing up from America. Crickets from the liberal media speaks volumes!!!!

Why don't you provide us some details of this agreement and an analysis about how it is better for America?

Do you liberals all use the same playbook??? please!!!!

Unlike many clowns on here I don't pretend to be an expert at all things. What I do, is trust the words of folks far smarter and more qualified than anyone on here. I have not listen to much yet, But I see Wall street seems happy at the moment.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Once all the details come out the libs will still hate it, no matter what.
One example just around the corner, this deal is great for our dairy farmers, and the cattle industry in general.
Libs: Oh great, now global warming will increase drastically, get ready for an increase of cow farts which will kill us all.

why is it great, NW?

Wow, you've already reached that point, that didn't take long.

Because I knew you would offer no details, I checked myself. Under NAFTA, and the TPP, Canada gave the US access to 3.25% of their dairy market, the new NAFTA gives us access to 3.65% of their dairy market...wowza, thats YUGE.
2 things NW. First off, I am a fan of NAFTA. In the 1990's thousands of US businesses were on the verge of BK-- the ability to offshore manufacturing to Mexico saved many of them. Secondly, my hunch is that the "new NAFTA" will be the same as the old "NAFTA" with the addition of a few tweaks, at this point my hunch is correct.
If I were skeptical, I'd say tRump's aim would be to do a big photo-op, warm the cockles of his minions, and declare victory....
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Stock market seems to like it.....I'm sure boggs will whip up a whole batch of negative spin....

Let me explain this to you v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y...ok Matty?
Until today....that is since Trump hyper ventilated in the days preceding Labor Day weekend, the markets were fearing ZERO participation of Canada(our 2nd largest trade partner) in the New NAFTA. This would mean massive reciprocal tariffs, and bad blood. Now, the fear of that scenario has been lessened. Thus, a rally. Understand?
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
One example just around the corner, this deal is great for our dairy farmers, and the cattle industry in general.
Libs: Oh great, now global warming will increase drastically, get ready for an increase of cow farts which will kill us all.

why is it great, NW?

Because I knew you would offer no details, I checked myself. Under NAFTA, and the TPP, Canada gave the US access to 3.25% of their dairy market, the new NAFTA gives us access to 3.65% of their dairy market...wowza, thats YUGE.
2 things NW. First off, I am a fan of NAFTA. In the 1990's thousands of US businesses were on the verge of BK-- the ability to offshore manufacturing to Mexico saved many of them. Secondly, my hunch is that the "new NAFTA" will be the same as the old "NAFTA" with the addition of a few tweaks, at this point my hunch is correct.
If I were skeptical, I'd say tRump's aim would be to do a big photo-op, warm the cockles of his minions, and declare victory....

So you must think that both Canada and Mexico are fools.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:

why is it great, NW?

So you must think that both Canada and Mexico are fools.

I think that if you're the trade minister in Canada, or Mexico, you certainly don't want to piss off the US, so you do a deal to save face. Did you see the employment provision with Mexico in the deal? what a joke....
BTW- the 3.25% access to dairy was 0% pre- TPP, a deal Trump has criticized.. So, its nice to see you're a fan of the TPP.

Last edited by boggsman1 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you got one thing right, Mexico and Canada needs us, wouldn't want to piss of a country that you need.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
Stock market seems to like it.....I'm sure boggs will whip up a whole batch of negative spin....

Until today....that is since Trump hyper ventilated in the days preceding Labor Day weekend, the markets were fearing ZERO participation of Canada(our 2nd largest trade partner) in the New NAFTA. This would mean massive reciprocal tariffs, and bad blood. Now, the fear of that scenario has been lessened. Thus, a rally. Understand?

This is par for the course with this Administration. Threaten threaten threaten. Get everyone wound up and then back off and pretend everything is SO much better when there is relief.

The problem is that none of these guys pay attention until Trump tells them there is a problem that didn't exist, get wound up, and then trust he will fix this "problem" when, in the end, he did nothing earth shattering.

What would make more sense would be to work within trade agreements to make them better. Increasing the stakes and then claiming the threats worked just leave us with higher prices in the wake. Do you think lumber prices are gonna drop now because an "agreement with the Canadians is forthcoming"? That's not how it works.

I deal with this all the time in the construction industry. When you make enemies of the suppliers, you do not get a better deal...ever.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:

This is par for the course with this Administration. Threaten threaten threaten. Get everyone wound up and then back off and pretend everything is SO much better when there is relief.

The problem is that none of these guys pay attention until Trump tells them there is a problem that didn't exist, get wound up, and then trust he will fix this "problem" when, in the end, he did nothing earth shattering.

What would make more sense would be to work within trade agreements to make them better. Increasing the stakes and then claiming the threats worked just leave us with higher prices in the wake. Do you think lumber prices are gonna drop now because an "agreement with the Canadians is forthcoming"? That's not how it works.

I deal with this all the time in the construction industry. When you make enemies of the suppliers, you do not get a better deal...ever.

When you bid materials and get suppliers to fight for your business you win. Trump's winning, AND THE STOCK MARKET IS VOICING ITS OPTIMISM.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:

When you bid materials and get suppliers to fight for your business you win. Trump's winning, AND THE STOCK MARKET IS VOICING ITS OPTIMISM.

Did anyone expect Boggs to give Trump credit for ANYTHING.. yawn!!!!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:

Did anyone expect Boggs to give Trump credit for ANYTHING.. yawn!!!!

I do, just not this. CB is right...get everyone all fired up, then make a minor tweak, and declare victory... Is there an election soon or something?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 13 of 22

Jump to: