myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Let's Bring Guns into Schools
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been a hero twice in my life. I honest to God don't know if I would be the next time. Anybody who claims to know what they would have done is either kidding themselves or lying.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
Poor Matty, convinced that Trump would do anything at all to help working people in fly-over land. He ignores the trillions he has given away to oligarch's and giant corporations, and the pennies that have trickled back down.

So do you believe that Trump would have walked into the school buildings, not knowing where the shooting was coming from, without appropriate armor and weaponry? Does that belief sit well with your belief in Santa Claus and tooth fairy?

What I think is it's a non-story that only appeals to deranged Trump haters.
I think there are many people who would have gone in, I don't know if Trump would have and EITHER DO YOU!!

That word you were searching for is “neither.” David Frumm—a conservative with a conscience—has your number. “Trump is loserdom embraced. Trump is the loser who has won.” It’s why you love him.

By the way, I know a bit about myself. I have broken up quite a number of fights. As a big man, I never worried that much—until the time the guy on the bottom came up with a knife. Makes you think.

Ya that's it, Trumps a loser.. Actually I believe he won, and he will get done much of what he promised. Meanwhile Session is opening an investigation into the FISA warrants and how the dirty dems mislead a judge into granting a warrant based political opposition research.

This is not going to end well for the left, the media can only save your sorry asses for so long....
mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll have to give you more of the quote. It absolutely captures Matty and crew. It is from Frumm’s book—but the source is an essay by Dale Beran in Quartz.

[quote]Since these men, like Trump, wear their insecurities on their sleeve, they fling insults in wild rabid bursts at everyone else.

Trump the loser, the outsider, the hot mess, the pathetic joke, embodies this duality. Trump represents both the alpha and the beta. He is a successful person who...is also the exact opposite—-a grotesque loser, sensitive and prideful about his ousider status, ready at the drop of a hat to go on the attack...so insecure he must brag about assaulting women....

...this is not a problem for Trump’s younger supporters—rather, it’s the reason why they support him.[quote]
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mac"]I’ll have to give you more of the quote. It absolutely captures Matty and crew. It is from Frumm’s book—but the source is an essay by Dale Beran in Quartz.

[quote]Since these men, like Trump, wear their insecurities on their sleeve, they fling insults in wild rabid bursts at everyone else.

Trump the loser, the outsider, the hot mess, the pathetic joke, embodies this duality. Trump represents both the alpha and the beta. He is a successful person who...is also the exact opposite—-a grotesque loser, sensitive and prideful about his ousider status, ready at the drop of a hat to go on the attack...so insecure he must brag about assaulting women....

...this is not a problem for Trump’s younger supporters—rather, it’s the reason why they support him.
Quote:

Hilarious Mac, the very things you accuse Trump of (some are true) are being displayed by the left on a daily basis. The rudeness, lies, vulgarities and downright nastiness by the left including you are the height of hypocrisy..
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confiscation....supported by the Prez...this will be interesting.

“Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court, because that’s another system,” Trump said. “A lot of times, by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early.”
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:

“Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court, because that’s another system,” Trump said. “A lot of times, by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early.”

Not constitutional. However, enforcing a zero tolerance policy of confiscation for people who threaten (overtly) other people with violence is ok with me.

Maybe you do a 5 year ban for threatening behavior on 1st strike. Lifetime for 2nd strike.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Not constitutional. However, enforcing a zero tolerance policy of confiscation for people who threaten (overtly) other people with violence is ok with me.

Maybe you do a 5 year ban for threatening behavior on 1st strike. Lifetime for 2nd strike.

Steve...its called the "red flag" policy...and guess who's adamantly opposed to it? The Rethugs in Congress and their puppet master, the NRA. Common sense is about to overpower the idiots on the right(see;Steve King)...

Can you imagine if President Obama said what Drumpf said yesterday? It would have been bedlam in the gun world BEDLAM!!!!!!
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of discussion going on, and that is good. On the other hand, there is NO real solution, possibly better management (school security, perpetrator warning signs, access to weapons), but school shootings will continue.

My job before retirement included security at two different private schools, one with two campuses. Every thing that is being talked about now has been discussed ad nauseum for a decade. The reality is that if a student is committed to shooting up a school, there are ways to do it regardless of how much security is in place at the school. Of course, if a school chooses to have multiple armed guards at each entry point to the building(s), that would work, but the cost would likely be prohibitive.

A school can do many things to minimize the impact of an active shooter, but it can't be stopped, especially if the shooter is on a suicide mission.

The obvious is to identify the possible shooter in advance, but clearly, there's a lot of work to be done for that to effectively work, as exhibited by the Florida shooting and the many missed opportunities to stop him.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

Steve...its called the "red flag" policy...and guess who's adamantly opposed to it? The Rethugs in Congress and their puppet master, the NRA. Common sense is about to overpower the idiots on the right(see;Steve King)...

Can you imagine if President Obama said what Drumpf said yesterday? It would have been bedlam in the gun world BEDLAM!!!!!!

and not a peep even with the racist right wing morons on this forum who will throw shiiiite, troll, spam, blow up federal buildings on anything gun-second amendment in a millisecond. The silence is deafening and unforgetable.

nw30

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fake-human:
"and not a peep even with the racist right wing morons on this forum who will throw shiiiite, troll, spam, blow up federal buildings on anything gun-second amendment in a millisecond. The silence is deafening and unforgetable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are contradicting yourself.
So is the right wing's silence deafening, or are they the only ones heard?
Also "blow up federal buildings", McVeigh'ing again I see, he didn't need a gun or even gunpowder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: