myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Smoking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.....

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/smoking-pot-easier-brain-drinking-alcohol-212923850.html
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
Breaking Bad was great, Boggs sounds like a THIS IS US kind of guy, my wife and sisters favorite. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Breaking Bad was a masterpiece....incredible .. I binge watched it in 2016 in a week while home recovering from a rotator cuff surgery. 10 hours a day on Vicodin ( good opioid) ...
Btw- I do like This is Us👍...

Rotator sucks , I trashed mine last year and had surgery in June. didn't kite for 20 weeks. Cool thing, my Dr who is a top notch, shoulders only surgeon is a fellow kiter.

If you like BB, try Ozark on Netflix, reminds me of BB. Also try Sneaky Pete on Amazon, excellent show, and Cranston is mob boss..

For the intellectual types, Westworld is very cool.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a drink or two socially or a joint or two socially, but not every day is likely "no big deal" for anyone. But.........there are always a significant percentage of users that find the high addictive and want more and more. With alcohol, you may get a alcoholic/drunk - bad enough, but with marijuana, some will want a bigger high and go to other drugs and then you have a big problem too, probably greater than alcoholics. I don't know what percentage of marijuana smokers go on to bigger things, but there has to be a cost to society for those that do. Equal to alcoholics? I don't know.

Medical use of marijuana is fine with me, but on the open market like alcohol, only time will tell.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is just that 10%, 15%, of people who just take things to the next level no matter what, booze or drugs. Most folks can do things in moderation and never let it become a problem.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP, since we're opening doors to possible criticism, I might as well jump in and ask a testy question. Do you hire non-Christians?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
NP, since we're opening doors to possible criticism, I might as well jump in and ask a testy question. Do you hire non-Christians?

Yes
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your candid response. It's good to know that you're open to folks that are a bit different than you.

With regards to hiring requirements, I can appreciate the fact that you are focused on performance and dependability as important factors in supporting your business model. Even as past smoker, I understand your position. No one wants to work with folks that need to interrupt workflow and continuity to take questionable breaks to feed their habit.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Thanks for your candid response. It's good to know that you're open to folks that are a bit different than you.

Best employee I ever had was one I taught everything to. Customers thought we were brothers. I learned my lesson the hard way with smokers. I had smokers before who took their non stop smoke breaks. I finally told them if I showed up the job and they were out smoking while the others were working then they no longer worked for me. I drove up the next week, and fired the guy on the spot.....buh bye!
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
I think there is just that 10%, 15%, of people who just take things to the next level no matter what, booze or drugs. Most folks can do things in moderation and never let it become a problem.

AND, some of us use windsurfing like a drug.......or is that all of us.
BTW, just sailed 4'C air temp, full sun, water 2'C
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
Breaking Bad was great, Boggs sounds like a THIS IS US kind of guy, my wife and sisters favorite. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Breaking Bad was a masterpiece....incredible .. I binge watched it in 2016 in a week while home recovering from a rotator cuff surgery. 10 hours a day on Vicodin ( good opioid) ...
Btw- I do like This is Us👍...

Rotator sucks , I trashed mine last year and had surgery in June. didn't kite for 20 weeks. Cool thing, my Dr who is a top notch, shoulders only surgeon is a fellow kiter.

If you like BB, try Ozark on Netflix, reminds me of BB. Also try Sneaky Pete on Amazon, excellent show, and Cranston is mob boss..

Hey mat-ty, glad that worked out for you! What procedure did you have done? I have been struggling for two years with a small tear of the rotator and have been putting it off. Feels better only after windsurfing and gym. Good to hear you had someone you knew and could trust.
At this point I may live with 20 weeks rehab as it's getting harder to live with as time goes on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: