myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I quit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
I know the libs were hoping, but Trump was never on Epstein island, Epstein’s NM Ranch, or his NY apartment.

Of course anyone with a brain already knew that, because if he ever was it would have leaked within .000001 seconds. Now let’s throw those who did take part in jail!!!

idiot epstien had all of trumps phne numbers in his black book including his securitypersonel for getting into trumps bak doors. Trump through parties for Epstien where only he and Epstein where the males present with 20-40 beauty contestants. Epstien in a deposition admitting to rating a child was taking the 5th on a question did he ever see trump with children at epsteins place.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again this person was hired by the pediophile trmp

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/trumps-former-pentagon-chief-calls-threat-democracy-rcna133014?

Trump’s former Pentagon chief calls him a ‘threat to democracy’

Quote:
Prominent figures recognized the anniversary of the Jan. 6 attack in a variety of ways, but The Hill took note of striking comments from one of Donald Trump’s former cabinet secretaries.

Mark Esper, the former U.S. Secretary of Defense, said former President Trump is a “threat to democracy” on the third anniversary of the Capitol riot. “And yes, I do regard him as a threat to democracy, democracy as we know it, our institutions, our political culture, all those things that make America great and have defined us as, you know, the oldest democracy on this planet,” Esper told CNN’s Jim Acosta on Saturday.

As best as I can tell, this generated very few headlines, perhaps because Esper has publicly criticized his former boss before. In November 2022, for example, the former Pentagon chief described Trump as “unfit for office.”

I’ve long believed, however, that calling someone a “threat to democracy” represents a unique condemnation. As we’ve discussed, officials are routinely targeted with all kinds of rebukes about their competence and integrity, but for a former president’s Defense secretary to say that he represents “a threat to democracy” is to argue that our system of government may no longer endure if that leader holds a position of influence.

What’s more, it was a month earlier when Esper spoke to MSNBC’s Katy Tur about the tensions between him and Trump that arose in June 2020, “when he wanted to deploy active-duty troops on the street in Washington, D.C., and suggested actually that we shoot Americans in the streets.”

There are plenty of examples in American history of presidents clashing with assorted members of their teams, but the former Defense secretary’s rhetoric about the former president isn’t normal. When Esper talks about Trump — on the Jan. 6 anniversary and before — he appears to be describing a man he considers to be a dangerous maniac.

And that’s the sort of thing that should probably be a bigger deal as Republican voters choose their next presidential nominee.

Esper is not just some random observer. Trump tapped him to lead the Department of Defense. Esper worked with the Republican for a year and a half, giving him a front-row seat on how Trump thinks, listens, processes information, evaluates evidence, and makes decisions.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-opponent-s-sudden-arrest-raises-questions-retaliation/ar-AA1mOPym?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=43cdb1c8fbd0481e8859c02bf8a41ef9&ei=15

Donald Trump Opponent's Sudden Arrest Raises Questions: 'Retaliation'

Quote:
Along-shot Republican presidential candidate who has filed multiple lawsuits hoping to disqualify Donald Trump from running for the White House has claimed he is now facing political persecution after being charged with federal tax crimes.

John Anthony Castro, 40, has been charged in Texas with 33 counts of aiding and assisting in the preparation and presentation of a false and fraudulent return for alleged crimes which prosecutors described as "stunning in their brazenness."

Castro is accused of defrauding the government by using his virtual tax preparation business, Castro & Company LLC, to offer customers higher refunds than they were owed, or could receive elsewhere, as well as to split the additional refund with taxpayers. Castro is alleged to have achieved larger refunds by generating false deductions without the taxpayer's knowledge.
Castro told Newsweek that the indictments against him are political retaliation for his taking on Trump.

He has made headlines in recent months for filing at least 27 lawsuits across the country attempting to ban Trump from running for office over allegations his actions over the January 6 attack violated Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, which states that a person who "engaged in insurrection or rebellion" after taking an oath of office to support the Constitution should be barred from running for office again.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems he is forced to quit by his hate... Card carrying right wing member... seems the right wingers have not found any photos of antifa members to date that were there. All the plotters have been like this piece of excrement proud boys and so on.... yet right wingers still believe jan 6th was antifa led or similar. right wingers are so dumb a rock is smarter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/proud-boys-member-linked-to-gop-cried-before-getting-prison-time-for-jan-6-doj/ar-AA1mPyvX?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=f11e8af0ccac4afa80f505cc6c15af30&ei=2

Proud Boys member linked to GOP cried before getting prison time for Jan. 6: DOJ

Quote:
AProud Boy member, who also served as a Miami-Dade County Republican Executive Committee member, was sentenced to four years in prison for taking part in the Capitol riot back on Jan. 6, 2021.

“You were part of a 100-man-strong fighting force that circled the Capitol,” U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly said on Thursday while imposing the sentence against Gilbert Fonticoba,

Fonticoba, who is a single father said to look after the well-being of his elderly mother, tried to secure a softer prison sentence of five months.

POLL: Should Trump be allowed to run for office?

His defense tried to argue for leniency for Fonticoba, who is purportedly undertaking a "long process of de-radicalization" from political extremism.
ALSO READ: How Trump's campaign visits cost local police departments

Federal prosecutors say that Fonticoba was a member of the Vice City chapter of the Proud Boys, founded in Miami, since 2019, and "participated in a coordinated effort to obstruct the certification of the Electoral College on Jan. 6, 2021" according to their release.

The chapter was founded by former Proud Boys national chairman Henry "Enrique" Tarrio, who also was sentenced by Judge Kelly to 22 years in prison.

The feds describe Fonticoba as trailing behind Proud Boys leaders Joe Biggs and Ethan Nordean when on Jan. 6 they wrecked a bike rack barricade that overwhelmed police officers had tried to use to keep the massive crowd of election deniers at bay.

Related video: Ex-Proud Boys leader Charles Donohoe sentenced to over 3 years in prison for Capitol riot plot (FOX 5 Washington DC)
A former leader of a far right group,
FOX 5 Washington DC
Ex-Proud Boys leader Charles Donohoe sentenced to over 3 years in prison for Capitol riot plot
With tears in his eyes, Fonticoba spoke in a plea for mercy from Judge Kelly.

“I have brought shame upon my family through my actions on Jan. 6,” he said, according to WUSA.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-loses-vote-of-his-former-lawyer-on-eve-of-iowa-caucus/ar-AA1n0vMM?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=90c3b102c760492d9ecc84ac502cdc1f&ei=16

Donald Trump Loses Vote of His Former Lawyer on Eve of Iowa Caucus

Quote:

Jenna Ellis, Donald Trump's former lawyer, has made her endorsement clear on the eve of the Iowa caucuses.

Ellis, who doesn't live in Iowa, continues to be a vocal supporter of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis' bid for the Republican nomination.

However, even in a general election scenario that pits Trump vs. Joe Biden, Ellis told her one million followers on X, formerly Twitter, that she would vote for a third-party candidate over her former client.

After expressing her support for DeSantis and that she also backs businessman Vivek Ramaswamy, she posted: "I now cannot ever again in good conscience support Trump. I would not endorse or vote for him in the general. I will never support anyone on the Democrat ticket. I would not vote for or support Biden or Newsom, et al. If the general is a repeat of Trump vs. Biden, I will choose the best third-party option and endorse that person.
it's worth it.
"I genuinely believe for 2024, that would be the best use of my support, my voice, and my vote as a Christian conservative. I really hope it doesn't come to that."

Newsweek reached out to Ellis on her Facebook page, along with the DeSantis and Trump campaigns via email, for additional comments.

Ellis, who now hosts a podcast and radio show, is a one-time ally of Trump who was indicted alongside the former president and 17 others in the 2020 election interference case in Georgia.

Ellis pleaded guilty in October 2023 to one felony count of aiding and abetting false statements and writings and agreeing to testify against the other defendants charged under Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis' expansive RICO probe. Trump pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Just weeks after her plea deal, Ellis endorsed DeSantis in the Republican primary.

"It is time to stand with the most conservative candidate in this primary. On the issues that matter to values voters most, there is no one better than Ron DeSantis," Ellis posted on X on November 22.

A Des Moines Register, NBC News and Mediacom Iowa Poll published Saturday night has DeSantis in third place and polling at just 16 percent among registered Iowa voters. The Florida governor lags behind front-runner Donald Trump, polling at 48 percent, and second-placed Nikki Haley at 20 percent.

National polling indicates Trump has a strong lead in his bid for the 2024 GOP nomination. An analysis of recent polls by the website FiveThirtyEight found the embattled former president is the preferred candidate of 60.4 percent of likely Republican primary voters. DeSantis (12.1 percent) and Haley (11.7 percent) trail Trump by significant margins.

In her post on Sunday night, Ellis reiterated her support for the Florida governor.

"We can NOW choose well and choose wisely. #DeSantis2024," she wrote.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-loses-three-lawyers-in-one-day/ar-AA1n0NLn?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=0b80f8b0d3f5477499d8d48e66f2d327&ei=52

Donald Trump Loses Three Lawyers in One Day

Quote:

Donald Trump lost three of his lawyers in one day when attorney Joe Tacopina filed a declaration requesting withdrawal of his firm's representation of the former president in multiple lawsuits.

Trump is facing four criminal indictments and a total of 91 felony charges. One of these four cases alleges that the former president falsified business records over a hush money payment to former adult film star Stormy Daniels to keep an alleged affair secret in the weeks before the 2016 election. Trump, the clear front-runner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, has pleaded not guilty to the case's 34 felony counts and has denied any wrongdoing in this and the other cases against him.

Tacopina withdrew his firm's legal services from the hush money case only two months before the trial was set to start, at the end of March. Tacopina also requested to withdraw his firm's legal services from E. Jean Carroll's civil defamation and battery case against Trump, which awarded the former Elle columnist $5 million in damages last May.
Tacopina filed the declaration about the Carroll case on Monday. He also requested that Judge Lewis Kaplan allow Tacopina's two partners, Chad Seigel and Matthew DeOreo, to withdraw their services, as well.

"I respectfully submit this Declaration in support of [Tacopina Seigel and DeOreo's] motion, made pursuant to Local Civil Rule 27.1, to withdraw as counsel (including TSD attorneys Joseph Tacopina, Chad D. Seigel and Matthew G. DeOreo) for Trump, with such other and further relief as the Court deems just and proper," Tacopina wrote in the filing.

Tacopina will no longer represent the former president in any appeals related to the Carroll case, nor will his firm be involved in a separate defamation case against Trump from Carroll, which is set to start on Tuesday.

Newsweek reached out to Tacopina's firm and Trump's campaign by email for comment.

Michael McAuliffe, a former federal prosecutor and former elected state attorney, told Newsweek that an attorney might withdraw legal services for various reasons.

"A lawyer might attempt to withdraw as counsel of record for a client in a pending case for a number of reasons," McAuliffe said. "The attorney-client relationship might have suffered a fundamental breach of confidence, running in either or both directions. A strong-willed client who thinks he or she is more of a lawyer than the actual lawyer can create an untenable scenario for that lawyer to continue representing the client's interests.

"However, with Donald Trump, any lawyer who agrees to act as his counsel is on clear notice on that front," McAuliffe said.

Attorneys can withdraw their services for financial reasons as well.

"For example, if a client stops or fails to pay the lawyer's agreed fees, in many jurisdictions that is a basis to withdraw as counsel," McAuliffe said. 'However, in other jurisdictions, fee delinquency isn't a valid sole reason to withdraw as counsel in a pending case."

Tacopina didn't specify a "legal or factual basis to withdraw" in his filing, McAuliffe said, adding, "It will be interesting to see if the court requires him to identify a basis."

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not think this republican judge is a fan of trump... ya think...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/reagan-appointed-judge-preposterous-january-6-claims-pose-danger-to-our-country/ar-BB1hgJiO?cvid=32226782e69f4502ccbfd2bc3e6b64b0&ocid=winp2fptaskbar&ei=11&sc=shoreline#comments

Reagan-appointed judge: 'Preposterous' January 6 claims pose 'danger to our country'

Quote:
US District Judge Royce Lamberth — whom conservative icon Ronald Reagan appointed to the federal bench in 1987 — gave an ominous warning Thursday about the threat historical revisionism surrounding the January 6 insurrection poses to democracy.

According to NBC News, Judge Lamberth read from a prepared statement during a resentencing hearing for a January 6 defendant that he was "shocked" by comments made by some elected officials (whom he did not name) that dismissed or downplayed the violent siege of the US Capitol in 2021. He further elaborated that those "preposterous" comments about the Capitol riot "could presage further danger to our country."

"The Court is accustomed to defendants who refuse to accept that they did anything wrong. But in my thirty-seven years on the bench, I cannot recall a time when such meritless justifications of criminal activity have gone mainstream," Lambert said.
POLL: Should Trump be allowed to hold office again?

"I have been dismayed to see distortions and outright falsehoods seep into the public consciousness," he continued. "I have been shocked to watch some public figures try to rewrite history, claiming rioters behaved 'in an orderly fashion' like ordinary tourists, or martyrizing convicted January 6 defendants as 'political prisoners' or even, incredibly, 'hostages.'"

Former President Donald Trump has referred to his supporters who ransacked the US Capitol and assaulted police officers as "hostages," which is also a term used by Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-New York), who chairs the House Republican Conference. NBC News' Ryan J. Reilly reported that Lamberth's comments about insurrectionists behaving "in an orderly fashion" is a reference to Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Georgia), who likened Trump supporters who broke into the US Capitol and chanted "hang Mike Pence" to tourists. The Republican National Committee even passed a resolution a year after the attack calling the deadly riot that killed five police officers and injured hundreds of others "legitimate political discourse."

Judge Lamberth called the January 6 insurrection "the antithesis of patriotism," and said that he "cannot condone the notion that those who broke the law on January 6 did nothing wrong, or that those duly convicted with all the safeguards of the United States Constitution, including a right to trial by jury in felony cases, are political prisoners or hostages."

"The Court does not expect its remarks to fully stem the tide of falsehoods," he added. "But I hope a little truth will go a long way."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jan-6-rioter-got-his-sentence-thrown-out-then-his-prison-time-doubled/ar-BB1hgiS7?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=9f5847356afb4d93ef85d33b9ead91f6&ei=5

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/retired-republican-judge-absolutely-damning-evidence-in-new-bid-to-bar-trump-from-illinois-ballot/ar-BB1hqNVr?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=1e207f161d83429aa0cc11474bb9e4f0&ei=12

Retired Republican judge: "Absolutely damning" evidence in new bid to bar Trump from Illinois ballot

Quote:
Ahearing officer for the Illinois State Board of Elections in a recommendation released Sunday determined that Donald Trump spearheaded "an elaborate plan" to interfere with the transfer of power following his 2020 electoral defeat. Retired Republican Judge Clark Erickson cited "absolutely damning" evidence in the report, authored in response to a push for the former president to be removed from the state's primary ballot for engaging in insurrection. But Erickson concluded that the elections board does not have the power to give Trump the boot, instead saying the issue should be deferred to the courts.

Erickson scrutinized Trump's role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol after a group of five voters, two Chicago law firms and voting rights organization Free Speech for People challenged Trump's eligibility. They cited the 14th Amendment prohibitions on "insurrectionist office holders" in arguing for the former president's removal from the ballot, according to The Messenger. The "preponderance of evidence" shows that Trump engaged in insurrection, Erickson said in the report.

The former president "does not dispute that he knew violence was occurring at the Capitol. He understood that people were there to support him," the ex-judge wrote. Trump's tweet criticizing then-Vice President Mike Pence's "lack of courage" in refusing to axe electoral votes for Joe Biden is "absolutely damning" to the denial of Trump's role in the insurrection, Erickson added. Trump "knew the attacks were occurring because the attackers believed [his claims] the election was stolen, and this tweet could not possibly have had any other intended purpose besides to fan the flames," Erickson said. The Illinois Board of Elections will vote Tuesday on the recommendation. The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Trump's eligibility on Feb. 8 when it reviews the Colorado Supreme Court's decision to remove Trump from the state's primary ballot.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great ad by this real republican group.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/lincoln-project-sends-trump-into-late-night-tailspin-with-ad-exposing-him-for-destroying-border-bill/ar-BB1idVCQ?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=976c45be5a374d87c56093a26a1a3a00&ei=8

Lincoln Project Sends Trump Into Late-Night Tailspin with Ad Exposing Him For Destroying Border Bill

Quote:
Donald Trump appears to be losing sleep over a new ad from The Lincoln Project. The ad, which ran in Mar-a-Lago and South Carolina over the weekend and was posted on social media, called Trump out for ordering Republicans to block the border security bill that would have provided border patrol crucial resources to secure the southern border and protect American families.

Trump, an adjudicated rapist, fired off a post on his social media app after midnight on the east coast, complaining about the "perverts at the Failed Lincoln Project" and threatening "[w]atch what happens to these Failed Lincoln Proiect screwballs!”"

In response, Lincoln Project co-founder Rick Wilson released a video calling Trump a "weak, nihilistic weirdo."
In the ad, the narrator accuses Trump of encouraging chaos to help his electoral chances and mocks him for his inability to do anything on the issue when he was President.

"Donald Trump doesn’t care if your family’s safety or the lives of law enforcement officers are in the balance. He’s on the side of the cartels, coyotes and child traffickers," the ad bluntly states.

The piece contrasts Trump's efforts to blow up the border deal with President Biden’s good-faith efforts to secure the border in the face of Republican obstructionism.

"Joe Biden is ready to protect America’s southern border. Crack down on illegal crossings. Set tough but fair, new standards. Build up border patrol, adding thousands of new agents. Stop the flow of fentanyl, child sex traffickers, and even terrorists. There’s only one problem," the narrator says, as a clip of President Biden completes the sentence, "Donald Trump."

Watch The Lincoln Project’s new ad 'Security' here:

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-gop-congress-members-call-on-scotus-to-stop-trump-s-gambit-to-escape-accountability/ss-BB1ir1u0?cvid=ba2697aff0bc4a578b394d0b99ca37f5&ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&ei=21&sc=shoreline#image=1

Former GOP Congress Members Call on SCOTUS to Stop Trump’s “Gambit to Escape Accountability”

Quote:
Nineteen ex-GOP lawmakers urgently appealed to the Supreme Court to end Donald Trump’s “immunity” claim.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-congressman-slams-colleagues-as-dozens-of-gop-members-resign/ss-BB1iEH6c?cvid=20fbe134689f47a5852010e602022579&ocid=winp2fptaskbar&ei=18&sc=shoreline#image=2

Republican Congressman Slams Colleagues as Dozens of GOP Members Resign

Quote:
Republican Congressman Slams Colleagues as Dozens of GOP Members Resign

Quote:
According to NPR, by the end of 2023 the 118th Congress had been “the least productive in decades.” The GOP-controlled House passed just 27 bills that became law, despite voting almost 750 times. In comparison, in 2013 the Republican-controlled House passed 72 bills that became law.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: