myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I quit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one is great..... too funny.... trump bragging how he is so proud of his outstanding work on, home alone 2... guess we need a home alone 3 ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sag-issues-hilarious-response-to-trump-s-resignation-from-actor-s-union-thursday/ar-BB1doFCj?ocid=msedgntp

SAG issues hilarious response to Trump’s resignation from actor’s union Thursday

Quote:
SAG-AFTRA issued a memorable one-liner Thursday when Donald Trump resigned from the Hollywood actors union ahead of a disciplinary hearing.

Donald Trump wearing a suit and tie: Donald Trump attends a "Celebrity Apprentice" Red Carpet Event at Trump Tower on Jan. 20, 2015 in New York City.© Rob Kim/Getty Images North America/TNS Donald Trump attends a "Celebrity Apprentice" Red Carpet Event at Trump Tower on Jan. 20, 2015 in New York City.
“Thank you,” it said in a startlingly short, two-word statement.

The caustic comeback followed after Trump sent a petulant letter Thursday “revoking” his union membership.

“I write to you today regarding the so-called Disciplinary Committee hearing aimed at revoking my union membership. Who cares!” Trump wrote in the letter apparently signed with a fat black marker.

“While I’m not familiar with your work, I’m very proud of my work on movies such as Home Alone 2, Zoolander and Wall Street,” he continued, naming a few more credits including his “Apprentice” reality show.

“This letter is to inform you of my immediate resignation from SAG-AFTRA. You have done nothing for me,” he wrote.

Trump, who lost his reelection bid to Joe Biden, was a member of the union for more than 30 years.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/-i-didn-t-see-a-way-back-long-term-repubican-explains-why-he-left-the-party-100931141631

'I didn't see a way back': Long-term Repubican explains why he left the party

Quote:
The Council on Foreign Relations' Richard Haass, a longtime Republican, discusses why he publicly announced he is leaving the party. Lanhee Chen of the Hoover Institution also joins the discussion.

not quit but i want my money back.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-gop-donor-gave-2-5-million-for-a-voter-fraud-investigation-now-he-wants-his-money-back/ar-BB1dHKOK?ocid=msedgntp

A GOP donor gave $2.5 million for a voter fraud investigation. Now he wants his money back.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and they really mean it...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/11/us/politics/republicans-third-party-trump.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210512&instance_id=30628&nl=the-morning&regi_id=115919677&segment_id=57806&te=1&user_id=f730a3b9531f5b2c781c5ff7996dd05c

Over 100 Republicans, including former officials, threaten to split from G.O.P.

Quote:
More than 100 Republicans, including some former elected officials, are preparing to release a letter this week threatening to form a third party if the Republican Party does not make certain changes, according to an organizer of the effort.

The statement is expected to take aim at former President Donald J. Trump’s stranglehold on Republicans, which signatories to the document have deemed unconscionable.

“When in our democratic republic, forces of conspiracy, division, and despotism arise, it is the patriotic duty of citizens to act collectively in defense of liberty and justice,” reads the preamble to the full statement, which is expected to be released on Thursday.

The effort comes as House Republican leaders are expected on Wednesday to oust Representative Liz Cheney of Wyoming from their ranks because of her outspoken criticism of Mr. Trump’s election lies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Continue reading the main story

“This is a first step,” said Miles Taylor, an organizer of the effort and a former Trump-era Department of Homeland Security official who anonymously wrote a book condemning the Trump administration. In October, Mr. Taylor acknowledged he was the author of both the book and a 2018 New York Times Op-Ed article.

“This is us saying that a group of more than 100 prominent Republicans think that the situation has gotten so dire with the Republican Party that it is now time to seriously consider whether an alternative might be the only option,” he said.

Thanks for reading The Times.
Subscribe to The Times
The list of people signing the statement includes former officials at both the state and national level who once were governors, members of Congress, ambassadors, cabinet secretaries, state legislators and Republican Party chairmen, Mr. Taylor said.

Mr. Taylor declined to name the signers. Reuters reported earlier that the former governors Tom Ridge of Pennsylvania and Christine Todd Whitman of New Jersey will sign it, as will former Transportation Secretary Mary E. Peters and former Representatives Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania, Barbara Comstock of Virginia, Reid Ribble of Wisconsin and Mickey Edwards of Oklahoma.

Mr. Taylor declined on Tuesday to reveal the specific changes that the coalition was planning to demand of the Republican Party in its statement.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-trump-adviser-alyssa-farah-explains-why-she-would-never-vote-for-him-again/ar-BB1gQenu?ocid=uxbndlbingoff&li=BBnb7Kz

Ex-Trump Adviser Alyssa Farah Explains Why She Would Never Vote for Him Again

Quote:
Alyssa Farah, former White House Director of Strategic Communications under former President Donald Trump, has said that she won't be supporting Trump again, even if he decides to run again for president in 2024.

a woman wearing a blue shirt: Alyssa Farah, former White House Director of Strategic Communications under Republican President Donald Trump, has said that she won't be supporting Trump again, even if he decides to run again for president in 2024. In this photo, Farah speaks to reporters in front of the West Wing of the White House in Washington, DC on October 8, 2020.© Mandel Ngan / AFP/Getty Alyssa Farah, former White House Director of Strategic Communications under Republican President Donald Trump, has said that she won't be supporting Trump again, even if he decides to run again for president in 2024. In this photo, Farah speaks to reporters in front of the West Wing of the White House in Washington, DC on October 8, 2020.
"If he's a Republican candidate in 2024, yes, I will not be supporting Donald Trump in 2024," Farah said on the Sunday evening instalment of the MSNBC's The Mehdi Hasan Show.

Farah said that she supported Republican Wyoming Representative Liz Cheney speaking out against Trump's baseless claim that widespread voter fraud caused his 2020 election loss to President Joe Biden. She also said the GOP's "complete loyalty" to Trump is "fundamentally un-conservative," "strategically unwise" and "also morally reprehensible."

Pause
Current Time 1:39
/
Duration 5:36
Unmute
Fullscreen
On GPS: Amal Clooney and Nadia Murad on the Yazidi victims of ISIS
Additionally, Farah voiced concern that the Republican Party's continued loyalty to Trump will cause the party to lose voters, particularly older people and women. She also claimed that supporting Trump will push away Republican legislators who are more interested in discussing legislative policy.

Hasan, the show's host, noted that Farah had previously called the January 6 insurrectionists "terrorists." In response, Farah stated, once again, her belief that Trump "played a role in inciting the violence on the Capitol" on that day.

She said that despite GOP efforts to downplay the riots, voters will remember the day's events. The issue will stay in people's minds, especially as Trump begins publicly campaigning for Republican midterm candidates, Farah warned.

"I believed in about 90 percent of [Trump's] agenda. I'm still a Republican. I still didn't vote for Joe Biden. Do I think it's probably better following January 6 that he's in office? Absolutely," Farah added.

Farah resigned from her White House position on December 3 after working for more than three years in his administration. During that time, she also worked as Vice President Mike Pence's press secretary and the Defense Department's press secretary.

Asked by Hasan why she continued to work for so long under Trump, Farah said that she pushed back against Trump's views and tried to influence his policies behind the scenes. She also praised Trump's record for reducing unemployment for people of color, as well as for negotiating the Abraham Accords—the September 2020 peace agreement between Israel, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.

Farah told Hasan that she thought Republican New York Representative Elise Stefanik was a good replacement for Cheney as chair of the Republican House Conference. Last week, House Republicans ousted Cheney from the chair position.

Hasan noted that while Stefanik has a "more moderate" voting record than Cheney, she also has repeated Trump's baseless claims of voter fraud in the 2020 elections. Farah praised Stefanik as "a highly educated serious policymaker," but called such voter fraud claims "absolutely ridiculous."

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-bush-chief-strategist-says-us-needs-to-go-all-in-with-the-democratic-party-to-guard-our-republic/ar-AAKGYjR?ocid=msedgntp

Former Bush chief strategist says US needs to 'go all in with the Democratic Party' to 'guard our Republic'

Quote:
The chief strategist for President George W. Bush's 2004 campaign now backs the Democratic party.
Matthew Dowd said people need to put aside "policy and cultural differences" and support the Democratic Party.
"It is the only vehicle we can trust to guard our Republic," Dowd said, while also taking a swipe at Trump.
See more stories on Insider's business page.
The chief strategist for the Bush-Cheney 2004 presidential campaign is now rooting for the political party he was once up against.

Matthew Dowd, who served as chief strategist for President George W. Bush's re-election campaign, said on Twitter Thursday he now views the Democratic Party as the only option for Americans.

"All the tribes of our nation who care about democracy need to put aside any policy and cultural differences and go all in with the Democratic Party. It is the only vehicle we can trust to guard our Republic," Dowd wrote.

Video: Marco Rubio: Journalism in America is on its deathbed (FOX News)

Pause
Ad 00:05 - up next "Marco Rubio: Journalism in America is on its deathbed"
Unmute
Marco Rubio: Journalism in America is on its deathbed
Read more: Meet the 7 BidenWorld insiders with access to exclusive White House meetings

He said the GOP "has bought into the mendacity from the mad king of Mara lago [sic]," in an apparent reference to former President Donald Trump. He also said the GOP "are a party of autocracy."

"The Democratic Party is the only path today to protect our nation," he continued.

Prior to working for Bush, Dowd served as a senior advisor to the Republican National Committee. In 2007, he became a political contributor for ABC News, eventually becoming the network's chief political analyst. Earlier this year he announced he was leaving ABC.

He recently appeared as a guest on MSNBC where he also criticized Republicans, saying they have a goal to "stop America's diversity."

Read the original article on Business Insider

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/arizona-s-former-gop-ag-says-kyrsten-sinema-and-joe-manchin-should-abolish-filibuster-or-resign/ar-AAKIWja

Arizona's Former GOP AG Says Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin Should Abolish Filibuster or Resign

Quote:
Sinema and Manchin have both faced heavy criticism for the opposition to eliminate or change the rule, which effectively requires most bills to have the support of 60 senators in a chamber that is currently split 50-50. Republicans used the rule for the first time in the Senate's current session last week to block the formation of a bipartisan commission to investigate the violent January 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol.

Woods, who served as Arizona's Republican attorney general from 1991 to 1999, was a prominent backer of Sinema's 2018 Senate campaign after switching parties during the same year. He now says that both Sinema and Manchin no longer belong in office if they remain unwilling to kill the filibuster in order to pass Democratic voting rights legislation.

"I do think that Sen. Sinema and every senator should support ending the filibuster for the voting rights bill," Woods told HuffPost on Friday. "To keep the Jim Crow filibuster while losing some of these basic voting rights that are central to our democracy is preposterous."

"Sen. Sinema should know that, so should Sen. Manchin," he continued. "At the end of the day, I'm very hopeful that they'll come around and do the right thing. But if they don't, then I don't think they belong in the Senate anymore."

Woods expressed a similar sentiment in a tweet from the previous day, writing that "if you don't vote to protect voting rights and save our democracy by breaking the Jim Crow filibuster, it should be your last vote as a United States Senator." Although Sinema and Manchin were not explicitly mentioned in the tweet, Woods added that there were "no exceptions."

Republicans have been aggressively pursuing restrictive voting rights at the state level in the wake of former President Donald Trump's 2020 election loss and the false claims of massive voter fraud that followed. Democrats and progressives have argued that the GOP bills aim to increase voter suppression while lobbying for new federal laws that they say will protect voting rights.

The Senate is expected to take up the wide-ranging For the People Act later this month but the bill is unlikely to become law with the filibuster in place. The John Lewis Voting Rights Act, which would restore parts of the Voting Rights Act that the Supreme Court gutted in 2013, is also expected to face substantial hurdles due to a lack of Republican support.

President Joe Biden suggested that Sinema and Manchin were at least partially responsible for the impasse during a speech in Tulsa on Tuesday, citing "two senators who vote more with my Republican friends" while speaking about the difficulties of passing voting rights bills despite Democrats controlling the White House and both houses of Congress.

The White House has since walked back the remark and Manchin insisted that Biden's quote was "taken totally out of context" during an interview with CNN's Manu Raju on Thursday. Manchin also called for a second vote on the January 6 commission, while refusing to answer whether his position on the filibuster meant that eliminating it was "off the table."

Sinema appeared unlikely to change her position on the filibuster during a joint press conference with Republican Senator John Cornyn of Texas, arguing that the rule is "a tool that protects the democracy of our nation."

Newsweek reached out to the offices of Sinema and Manchin for comment.

Related Articles

Joe Manchin Calls For Second Vote on 1/6 Commission, But Holds Fast on Filibuster
Joe Biden Blames Trouble Passing Voting Rights on 2 Dems 'Who Vote More' With GOP
Kyrsten Sinema Called January 6 Commission 'Critical,' But Missed Vote
Start your unlimited Newsweek trial

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-trump-official-gop-now-a-bigger-national-security-threat-than-isis-al-qaeda-and-russia%e2%80%9d/ar-AAMf6jO

Former Trump official: GOP now a bigger national security threat than "ISIS, al Qaeda and Russia”

Quote:
On Thursday, a Trump administration official called the Republican Party the nation's "No. 1 national security threat," suggesting that the party surpasses that of ISIS, al Qaeda and Russia.

"I've spent my whole career not as a political operative. I've never worked on a campaign in my life other than campaigning against Trump. I'm a national security guy," said former DHS official Miles Taylor in a Thursday interview on MSNBC. "I've worked in national security against ISIS, al Qaeda and Russia."

He added: "And the No. 1 national security threat I've ever seen in my life to this country's democracy is the party that I'm in: the Republican Party. It is the No. 1 national security threat to the United States of America."

Taylor specifically condemned the actions and rhetoric of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarhty, R-Calif., warning that if the hardline conservative were to become speaker of the house, "Trump's hand" would be "on that speaker's gavel."

"If Kevin McCarthy continues to pay homage to a twice-impeached presidential loser," he added, it "should give all Americans pause and make them worry about the future of this country and national security."

Over the last several years, Taylor has been a vocal opponent of former President Trump's undying hold over the Republican Party. Last year, the ex-official launched an anti-Trump GOP group dubbed "Republican Voters Against Trump." Taylor also formed the "Republican Political Alliance for Integrity and Reform," another Never Trump organization dedicated to reshaping the Republican Party.

During his time in government, Taylor allegedly witnessed Trump personally offer DHS staff pardons if they were to be criminally prosecuted for actions that violated immigration law, prompting the GOP official to formally resign from his post in 2019.

A year later, Taylor explained his decision not to speak out in a PBS NewsHour interview: "If I had come out and talked about Donald Trump a year ago, when I left the administration, he's a master of distraction. He would have buried it within a day, and it wouldn't have mattered to voters."

He added: "But, right now, American voters are reviewing the president's resume … so, I think there's no more important time for me or other ex-Trump officials to come out and actually talk about what the experience was inside the administration and what kind of man sits behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office."

Back in October of last year, Taylor admitted to being the anonymous author of a tell-all op-ed detailing internal "resistance" within the Trump administration.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well they are not quitting being republicans but they are quitting the republican trump party.

Unprecedented for a party to have such high profile people support a dem because of how toxic trump is.

https://news.yahoo.com/anti-trump-republicans-back-vulnerable-115315092.html

Anti-Trump Republicans to back vulnerable Democratic lawmakers in 2022 congressional races

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A group of anti-Trump Republicans on Thursday will endorse a slate of Democratic lawmakers facing tough races in next year's midterm elections, in a bid to stop the Republican Party from retaking control of Congress.

The officials, dismayed that most elected Republicans now embrace former President Donald Trump's false claims that the 2020 election was stolen, told Reuters they are also backing vulnerable Republicans, including Representative Liz Cheney, who have rejected Trump's voter fraud allegations.

The Renew America Movement (RAM), formed by centrist Republicans after a mob of Trump supporters stormed Congress on Jan. 6 to try to stop lawmakers from certifying Democratic President Joe Biden's election victory, concedes that Trump and his conspiracy theories now have an iron grip on the party.

According to a Reuters/Ipsos poll from August, 30% of U.S. adults agreed that the "2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump." That included 61% of Republicans, 19% of independents and 10% of Democrats.

Trump, for his part, has endorsed several candidates mounting primary challenges to Republican lawmakers who voted to impeach him on a charge of inciting insurrection in a fiery speech ahead of the deadly Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol.

He has also backed a challenger to Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, one of seven in her party who voted to convict Trump on the charge. He was ultimately acquitted by the Senate.

RAM, whose leadership includes former Republican Governors Christine Todd Whitman of New Jersey and Bill Weld of Massachusetts, said supporting moderate candidates is vital to safeguarding American democracy.

"With the mounting threats to our democracy and Constitution, we need people who work proactively to lead their party and the country away from the political extremes," Joel Searby, the group's national political director, told Reuters.

RAM will endorse and in many cases campaign for 11 moderate Democrats, nine moderate Republicans and one independent running for the House of Representatives and Senate in the November 2022 elections, the officials said.

Democrats have a narrow majority in the House, while the Senate is tied 50-50. Party insiders are increasingly nervous about losing both chambers next year, which would derail Biden's agenda.

The lawmakers to be backed by RAM include Representative Abigail Spanberger of Virginia and Elissa Slotkin of Michigan, and Senator Mark Kelly of Arizona, all Democrats locked in close contests.

The group is also supporting Republican House members such as Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger from Illinois, who are among a handful of elected Republicans to denounce Trump and his baseless voter fraud claims. Trump's allegations were rejected by dozens of courts, state election officials and members of his own administration.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow the ultras right wing QAnon moron is quitting because trump did not put Hillary in jail...

https://news.yahoo.com/cowboys-trump-founder-turns-against-145432123.html

Cowboys for Trump founder turns against former president

Quote:
The founder of Cowboys for Trump turned against former president Donald Trump at a QAnon conference in Las Vegas over the weekend.

Couy Griffin, who was one of the numerous people who took part on the raid at the Capitol on 6 January and was arrested for allegedly leading the rioters in a prayer, said he was disappointed in the president’s failure to imprison his former opponent Hillary Clinton.

“What did the president tell us? ‘If I was in charge of the law, you’d be in jail,” Mr Griffin. “Ok, Mr President, you were in charge of the law for four years. The only ones that were locked up were men like me and others like me that have stood by the president the strongest.”

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/chris-wallace-break-silence-on-why-he-left-fox-in-nyt-interview/vi-AAVyjdL?ocid=BingNews

chris Walace breaks silence why he quit fux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 22 of 27

Jump to: