myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I quit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did republicans quit these values?
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.yahoo.com/jeff-flake-joins-more-2-132818487.html

Jeff Flake joins more than 2 dozen former Republican members of Congress in backing Biden for president

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/more-100-former-aides-john-mccain-endorse-biden-president-n1238393

More than 100 former aides to John McCain endorse Biden for president

Quote:
WASHINGTON — More than 100 former staff members from the late Sen. John McCain’s, R-Ariz., campaigns and congressional offices announced Thursday that they are endorsing Joe Biden for president.

“Given the incumbent president’s lack of competent leadership, his efforts to aggravate rather than bridge divisions among Americans, and his failure to uphold American values, we believe the election of former Vice President Biden is clearly in the national interest,” they said in a letter.

Former Trump DHS official backs Biden; cites racist Trump policies, divisiveness
AUG. 26, 202008:41
As president, Biden would lead a comprehensive effort to contain the coronavirus in the U.S., they said.

Some of McCain’s former aides who signed the letter include Mark Salter, the senator's former chief of staff; Christian Ferry, who was deputy manager for McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign; Joe Donoghue, the senator's former legislative director; and Mike Murphy, a GOP political consultant who was a strategist on McCain’s 2000 presidential campaign.

Trump and McCain frequently clashed, including over efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok now the Bush ones too... so about 300 right wingers.. obviously unprecedented in the history of USA

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hundreds-of-former-aides-to-george-w-bush-john-mccain-endorse-biden-for-president/ar-BB18qhzQ?ocid=msnews

Hundreds of former aides to George W. Bush, John McCain endorse Biden for president

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Several hundred former aides to President George W. Bush and Sen. John McCain announced Thursday that they are endorsing Joe Biden for president.

Joe Biden wearing a suit and tie© Provided by NBC News
A political action committee, 43 Alumni for Biden, that launched last month posted a list of nearly 300 members of the Bush administration or campaigns who are publicly backing the Democratic nominee. The names range from members of the Cabinet, including former Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez and former Secretary of Agriculture Ann Veneman, to ambassadors, to White House and advance staffers.

Meanwhile, more than 100 former staff of McCain's congressional offices and campaigns also endorsed Biden for president.

“Given the incumbent president’s lack of competent leadership, his efforts to aggravate rather than bridge divisions among Americans, and his failure to uphold American values, we believe the election of former Vice President Biden is clearly in the national interest,” they said in a letter.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.yahoo.com/im-billy-grahams-granddaughter-evangelical-160009725.html

I'm Billy Graham's granddaughter. Evangelical support of Donald Trump spits on his legacy.

Quote:
As a proud granddaughter of the man largely credited for beginning the evangelical movement, the late Billy Graham, the past few years have led me to reflect on how much has changed within that movement in America.

I have spent my entire life in the church, with every big decision guided by my faith. But now I feel homeless. Like so many others, I feel disoriented as I watch the church I have always served turn its eyes away from everything it teaches. I hear from Christian women on a daily basis who all describe the same thing: a tug at their spirit.

Most of these women walked into a voting booth in 2016 believing they were choosing between two difficult options. They held their breath, closed their eyes and cast a vote for Donald Trump, whom many of us then believed to be “the lesser of two evils,” all the while feeling that tug.

I feel it every time our president talks about government housing having no place in America’s suburbs. Jesus said repeatedly to defend the poor and show kindness and compassion to those in need. Our president continues to perpetuate an us-versus-them narrative, yet almost all of our church leaders say nothing.

I feel this tug every time our president or his followers speak about the wall, designed to keep out the very people Scripture tells us to welcome. In Trump’s America, refugees are not treated as “native born,” as Scripture encourages. Instead, families are separated, held in inconceivable conditions and cast aside as less than.

The church honors Trump before God
Trump has gone so far as to brag about his plans, accomplishments and unholy actions toward the marginalized communities I saw my grandfather love and serve. I now see, through the silence of church leaders, that these communities are no longer valued by individuals claiming to uphold the values my grandfather taught.

A false gospel: Trump and the 'prosperity gospel' sell false promises to credulous evangelical Christians

The gentle tug became an aggressive yank, for me, earlier this year, when our country experienced division in the form of riots, incited in great part by this president’s divisive rhetoric. I watched our president walk through Lafayette Square in Washington, D.C., after the tear gassing of peaceful protesters for a photo op.

He held a Bible, something so sacred to all of us, yet he treated that Bible with a callousness that would offend anyone intimately familiar with the words inside it. He believed that action would honor him and only him. However, the church, designed to honor God, said nothing.

It seems that the only evangelical leaders to speak up praised the president, with no mention of his behavior that is antithetical to the Jesus we serve. The entire world has watched the term “evangelical” become synonymous with hypocrisy and disingenuousness.

My faith and my church have become a laughing stock, and any attempt by its members to defend the actions of Trump at this time sound hollow and insincere.

One of my grandfather’s favorite verses was Micah 6:8, in which we are told that the Lord requires of his people to do justly, to love kindness and mercy, and to walk humbly. These are the attributes of our faith we should present to the world. We can no longer allow our church leaders to represent our faith so erroneously.

Women of faith know better
I have given myself permission to lean into that tug at my spirit and speak out. I may be against the tide, but I am firm in my faith that this step is most consistent with my church and its teachings.

At a recent large family event, I was pulled aside by many female family members thanking me for speaking out against an administration with which they, too, had been uncomfortable. With tears in their eyes, they used a hushed tone, out of fear that they were alone or at risk of undeserved retribution.

How did we get here? How did we, as God-fearing women, find ourselves ignoring the disrespect and misogyny being shown from our president? Why do we feel we must express our discomfort in hushed whispers in quiet corners? Are we not allowed to stand up when it feels everyone else around us is sitting down?

The God we serve empowers us as women to represent Him before our churches. We represent God before we represented any political party or leader. When we fail to remember this, we are minimizing the role He created for us to fill. Jesus loved women; He served women; He valued women. We need to give ourselves permission to stand up to do the same.

Think of the vulnerable: Kellyanne Conway can quit because she has resources to care for her family. Many of us don't.

If a plane gets even slightly off course, it will never reach its destination without a course correction. Perhaps this journey for us women looks similar. Perhaps you cringe at the president suggesting that America’s “suburban housewife” cares more about her status than those in need, but try to dismiss comments on women’s appearance as fake news.

When we look at our daughters, our nieces, our female students, and even ourselves, we feel the need to lean into that tug on our spirit. You might not have felt it four years ago; we do the best with what we know at the time. However, if we continue to ignore the tug we now feel, how will we ever be able to identify what is truly important to us?

I chose to listen to my spirit to speak out. Not because doing so feels comfortable, but because it feels like the right way to leverage the voice God has empowered me with. Now I am asking all of you who feel as I do, to embrace your inner tug, and allow it to lead you to use the power of your God-given voice and not allow Trump to lead this country for another four years.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

her and it was her colleague under trump

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/former-trump-dhs-official-backs-biden-cites-trump-racism-90702405997?cid=eml_mra_20200827

Former Trump DHS official backs Biden, cites Trump racism

Quote:
Elizabeth Neumann, former senior DHS official in the Trump administration talks about how Donald Trump's racist and divisive rhetoric encouraged racist groups, how Trump undermined the response to the coronavirus, and her role in the newly form Republican Political Alliance for Integrity and Reform, which seeks to recruit former Trump officials to support Joe Biden's candidacy.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will this prevent Michigan from being a swing state?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-gop-governor-endorses-biden-im-an-american-before-im-a-partisan-political-person/vi-BB18HgoJ

Former GOP governor endorses Biden: 'I'm an American before I'm a partisan political person'

Quote:

Former GOP governor endorses Biden: 'I'm an American before I'm a partisan political person'
Duration: 01:39 11 hrs ago

On the same day that he published an op-ed in USA Today supporting Joe Biden, Republican and former governor of Michigan, Rick Snyder, appeared on “CNN Tonight With Don Lemon.” Despite being a life-long member of the GOP, Snyder feels Donald Trump is too divisive to be president. “I'm an American first before I'm a partisan political person or belonging to a party,” said Snyder. He believes the president is a bully and only focuses on his supporters instead of all citizens. “We need to take care of everyone because we need to create an environment where it's not about someone winning and someone losing,” said Snyder. “We need an America where we can win together. Where we find common ground. We grow the economy together. We benefit together. And I believe Joe Biden can deliver on that.”

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my goodness the deep state... where are you when all these right wingers hate trump... unprecedented...
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this mean this right winger quit being a republican? Or does this show how low right wingers are?

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-gop-s-group-anti-biden-democrats-matters-n1240345?cid=eml_mra_20200917

Why the GOP's group of anti-Biden 'Democrats' matters
"Democrat Voters Against Joe Biden" appears to be lacking something important: a significant number of actual Democratic voters.

Quote:
A new advocacy group ostensibly comprised of Democrats opposed to the election of Joe Biden appears to have the backing of few, if any, actual Democrats. Those involved, however, do include a Republican operative whose group illicitly funneled millions into political contests, a longtime Trump fan whose son works for the president's campaign, and a self-described celebrity psychic who's taught best practices for exorcisms.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/devos-former-top-aide-joins-anti-trump-group/ar-BB199Cj4?ocid=msedgntp

DeVos' former top aide joins anti-Trump group

Quote:
Venable is lending his name as an adviser to the Republican Political Alliance for Integrity and Reform, a group former Department of Homeland Security official Miles Taylor launched on Thursday of current and former Trump administration officials and other Republican leaders who want to see President Donald Trump defeated in November.

Taylor, who was chief of staff at DHS, and Elizabeth Neumann, another former senior Trump DHS official, started the group, which includes 26 Republicans, including Anthony Scaramucci, who served briefly as White House communications director. A current senior administration official is also part of the group, but Taylor declined to share that person's name.

Olivia Troye joined the group too, after serving as special adviser to Vice President Mike Pence for homeland security, as well as career roles at the Department of Energy and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence in the Bush and Trump administrations.

Venable did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Neither did an Education Department spokesperson.

“We are interested in promoting ideas. We are committed to founding principles. And we are eager to outline a more hopeful vision of America’s future,” Taylor said in a statement.

Venable served as DeVos’ first chief of staff from the beginning of the Trump administration until he resigned in October 2018. He previously worked at the Windquest Group, DeVos’ family investment office, and was an adviser to former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush. Venable worked on Bush’s 2016 presidential campaign and for Bush’s education group, the Foundation for Excellence in Education.

Venable’s rebuke of Trump comes as the president’s reelection campaign pitches school choice as a major second-term priority.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 20 of 27

Jump to: