myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
5.8 ezzy Zeta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to Crissy about once every 2 year's, now for the past 15 year's or so. About 1 in 5 sailors will come up to say "hi, haven't seen YOU around lately"...
At Candlestick, it's about 1 in 3.
At Coyote it's much less, because I hardly ever sailed there. Same with 3rd.
At Larkspur/Rod&Gun, it's 1 out of 2 sailors.
At Sherman, and I go there about once every FIVE year's, only the very best older sailors know me, but they all come by to say hi.
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These replies should not be about me, but they're needed because of credibity.
My point is from a guy who worked at windsurf shops from '83 thru '03, raced at Stroh's, Oneill Classics, Speed Events, Waddell Surf Events, and have been windsurfing at least 80 days a year for every year since '84.
I've owned just about every major brand of sails, and my thinking is there are no bad sails, just bad sailors.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replies should be about/from people that might be interested one persons opinion on a new sail that came out. Not about all things you.
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, should not be about me, but....
You get too many opinions from newbie sailors, or worse, you get opinions from sailors who have NO experience using other sails besides Ezzys. Those opinions are basically worthless, especially if they give charming reviews about the product. How would they know about the OTHER sails are out there, if they've only used Ezzys? Or decided currently to use Ezzys?
YOUR decision is always the best, even if you CHANGE it the following year.
MY decisions are based on the following year's, or the decades after.
I have 2016 Gaastra Matrix, Cosmic, and Sailworks Retro sails. They're good, not doubt, but not 15 year's of improvement better than my 1997 North Pyro-Spectro-Converts. Certainly they're newer, but they don't go faster, don't have more range, and definetely don't rig easier.
All this buffonery about the greatness of one sail or one board over the other is just novices or uninformed talk. Any good sailior can tell you it's not the sail or the board, it's the sailor, that makes things work.
In an countless examples all over the word, DIFFERENT sails are the "best" or "most used" in different locations.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, I, I, I. You must be fun to talk with after a day of windsurfing. This post was for people that might want to compare the Ezzy Cheetah to the New Zeta to the Elite. Not 15 different sails from 7 different company's. The world is full of dedicated Ezzy sailors. Most do not have the opportunity to demo sails. I'm always honest about my conclusions. Even if they are mostly positive. I get a new quiver of sails every year. Not because I need to but because I like to.
After 35 years in this sport I'm pretty sure I have rigged, tuned and sailed just about everything out there. I sail Ezzy sails because I like them. Not because I need to. Why all the negativity? A day in your shoes must be a sad thing....Done
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An equipement review is worthless without qualifications. The first and foremost is the skill level of the reviewer.
Sailing 33 year's doesn't mean anything, if you're sailing 3 days a year. That's why all the info, so you know the person reviewing is qualified to a certain extent.
Give a beginner any sail, and he can't review it with any sense of value.
acalhounguy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the review. I assumed the Zeta was a rebranded Tiger. Sounds like it is a more freeride oriented sail than the tiger.

The bell-curve will rule as it must. Most sails will be good, but some will be relatively bad and some particularly good. Rarely one might be great or spectacularly disappointing - math says so.
sube109

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zirtaeb:

I know and sail with both you and Novaan. You are both...
Expert sailors
Have worked professionally in the industry
Are technical gear experts.

You even sail the same high wind board tabou 3s.

With the dearth of product info out there, Novaan is merely making his observations on a new sail compared to older Ezzy products nothing more. I appreciate anyone writing their thoughts on their gear just as I enjoy hearing your technical summaries as well. Any data helps when we are considering new gear.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Quiver Reply with quote

Zirtaeb,

Ive got to ask, what do you use for transport and storage for all of your stuff?
Last count 19 sails, seven plus boards and related rigs gear.

Thanks
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storage.... two car garage and a 5x7x11' storage container at 6th and Virginia.
Transport...Ram Promaster Short low.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: