myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sad but true the USA can not be counted on anymore for moral
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't this really start some time in the 60's when people were desensitized and indoctrinate to much of what is liberal ideology?
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be onto something, I'd even say that it could have been in 1968, following the embarrassment of the Tet offensive, which resulted in LBJ shocking the nation when he announced he would not run for re-election by concluding a speech with the line: "I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your President."
Ever since then the democrats never looked at war the same way, now days it's more like no war for any reason. You could even say that the rest of the world looked at the U.S. differently from then on as well.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first time in world history where US polls showed a disapproval of the USA was under Bush, the only about 10 nations in the world had a favorable view of the USA at that time.

Bush had even Iran backing the USA at 9-11. But his lies on Iraq later gave the world a different view.

Even Canada would not send troops to Iraq. We did not see any Canadian posters go join any militaries to fight for the ultra religious right wacko Bush lies that Bush claimed a higher source had him go to war.

Now after that from a religious wacko to a mentally ill rapist. Also a liar... Just ask Commy, commey today definitively said Trump is a liar. well, that is the truth.

nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Commy", like I've said before, you are a source of entertainment. Very Happy Laughing
But I wonder if Putin thinks that funny.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
"Commy", like I've said before, you are a source of entertainment. Very Happy Laughing
But I wonder if Putin thinks that funny.

as commy said today under oath, yep listened to nearly every minute of testimony.

As he said to the essence that there was nothing to the Clinton case it had been FULLY investigated. He claimed because of Bill Clinton getting on the plane caused him to go public. Bill Clinton has no powers. With that reasoning of Bill that should mean he should have gone public with all the Trump things. But he didn't..

I fault Commy for not going further and stating how many man hours went into clintons vs we are at the early stages of a much more complex episode that has treason and more all over it. and how clintons was not about the USA being attacked by another nation, our top adversary of the world. And further that her emails ended up being more secure than the state departments emails.

But him being a partisan right winger he could not do that. again the right wingers brought the subject up. What he was willing to do is defend his honor and not harm the party mortally.

McCain was a sad act in this entire hearing, very sad....

nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay "Commy" it is, which is short for communist.

So I wonder if James Comey would think that's funny.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
You might be onto something, I'd even say that it could have been in 1968, following the embarrassment of the Tet offensive, which resulted in LBJ shocking the nation when he announced he would not run for re-election by concluding a speech with the line: "I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your President."
Ever since then the democrats never looked at war the same way, now days it's more like no war for any reason. You could even say that the rest of the world looked at the U.S. differently from then on as well.

As Santayana said, those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it. Here is what LBJ really thought of the Vietnam War and the quagmire he had gotten us into. From a conversation with Richard Russell, Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, reported in "At Canaan's Edge." At the time, Johnson was undecided about whether to send the marines into Vietnam.

Russell: "These Marines, they'll be killing a whole lot of friendly Vietnamese, they're gonna shoot everything that comes around those airplanes..."

Johnson: "...there ain't no daylight in Vietnam."

Russell: There's no end to the road."

Johnson: "The more bombs you drop, the more nations you scare...the more people you make mad, the more embassies you get mad--"

Russell: "We gon' wind up with the people mad as hell at us that we're saving by being in there...It's the biggest and worst mess I ever saw in my life. You couldn't have inherited a worse mess."

When will they ever learn?
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Okay "Commy" it is, which is short for communist.

So I wonder if James Comey would think that's funny.

He may not think it is funny but his hypocrisy about after a full investigation on Clinton was complete and there was nothing there and going public with nothing and not divulging how trumps cronies were under investigation for among other things being traitors will earn him the commy award for the rest of his life.

Yes it is nice the recipient of commys help put him in the whitehouse turncoated on him and lied slandered about him to the real commys.

again investigating traitors vs an investigation that was complete and he harms the person who was cleared by his investigation. Now that makes sense because Bill Clinton went on a DOJ top dog plane. He had no evidence that Bill who is a no-one could influence her. What was Bill going to do fire her. As her for a loyalty oath. again Bill had no ability to pressure her. and if he had well I bet he would have got his ash kicked.

Last edited by real-human on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:

As Santayana said, those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it. Here is what LBJ really thought of the Vietnam War and the quagmire he had gotten us into. From a conversation with Richard Russell, Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, reported in "At Canaan's Edge." At the time, Johnson was undecided about whether to send the marines into Vietnam.

Russell: "These Marines, they'll be killing a whole lot of friendly Vietnamese, they're gonna shoot everything that comes around those airplanes..."

Johnson: "...there ain't no daylight in Vietnam."

Russell: There's no end to the road."

Johnson: "The more bombs you drop, the more nations you scare...the more people you make mad, the more embassies you get mad--"

Russell: "We gon' wind up with the people mad as hell at us that we're saving by being in there...It's the biggest and worst mess I ever saw in my life. You couldn't have inherited a worse mess."

When will they ever learn?

Hea, I don't see anything wrong with your post, it was a crap war that we should have never gotten involved with, dominoes my ass. But JFK thought it was a good idea to help out the French who were getting their asses handed to them by the VC. Yep, LBJ "couldn't have inherited a worse mess", but he couldn't just turn his back on his predecessor, who just got assassinated, so he soldiered on.
We've had this discussion before, to the same conclusion.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what have you learned? That it is a good idea to back and further arm Saudi Arabia, who has exported and funded terrorism?

The Saudis have funded Sunni extremist groups as part of their proxy war against Iran. You Obama haters who are rabid about the Iran deal haven't paid much attention to the Saudis and their efforts. Of course Trump will fix it all next week--only he can do so.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-qa-is-saudi-arabia-funding-isis

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/07/world/middleeast/iran-parliament-attack-khomeini-mausoleum.html?_r=0

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/home-office-terrorist-funding-report-saudia-arabia-focus-not-publish-conservatives-government-a7766381.html

Oh, I forgot--Saudi Arabia is the biggest exporter of oil. That has somehow made us forget that most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: