myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Immigration reform
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, are you naive enough to believe that if Donald Trump's Administration builds his wall along our border with Mexico that we no longer will have illegal immigrants coming into the US?

The idea of building a wall is beyond stupid, but seemingly Trump has you convinced that it's a great idea. Sadly, you've been conned.

I have to ask, do you really believe that Mexico will pay for Trump's foolish wall?
nw30

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conned?!?
Hope you do realize that illegals sneaking into this country is already down 70% without spending one dime on a border wall/fence whatever you want to call it. Just the threat alone is working, and you call it conned. If it gets built, Mexico will probably be paying for it one way or another. But if you're waiting to see Mexico hand Trump a check, dream on, it will never happen that way, that's simpleton thinking.

Just like this thread, where is the "immigration reform"? There isn't any, because it isn't needed, just bringing back control to the border, under existing law, is all that is needed.

Boggsy, you know where the questions are, they don't need to be rewritten just to correct spelling errors for your enjoyment, but they were directed to mac. If you feel like you would like to chime in on those, feel free, but remarks from behind the teacher's skirt (mac's), doesn't add to the discussion.
Mac apparently has bailed on the questions, he doesn't want to be honest about himself, in public.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok, I'll run along .....sorry.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immigration reform and liberals. Now that's a funny one.
They want to give them the right to vote, in state tuition, divers licenses, shiny new EBT card , free healthcare, cell phone and what ever else the free loaders need. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
They want to give them the right to vote, in state tuition, divers licenses, shiny new EBT card , free healthcare, cell phone and what ever else the free loaders need. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"free loaders" , Not in my experience..Hardest working people I've ever seen...I'd hire them over some bum Irish wingnuts who smoke all day , and stare at their watches, counting down to the sixer of Coors Light. Look, low skilled labor is an international commodity. There's no reason to pay some bum $50/hr to hang drywall, vs. $20 /hr the rest of the world is paying. Supply and demand will always rule the US economy, even with the big boy at the helm.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mat-ty wrote:

"free loaders" , Not in my experience..Hardest working people I've ever seen...I'd hire them over some bum Irish wingnuts who smoke all day , and stare at their watches, counting down to the sixer of Coors Light. Look, low skilled labor is an international commodity. There's no reason to pay some bum $50/hr to hang drywall, vs. $20 /hr the rest of the world is paying. Supply and demand will always rule the US economy, even with the big boy at the helm.

Sounds good as long as they live somewhere else..RIGHT!!!

No one is living off those wages without assistance with housing , food, medical , education and other essentials. How many illegals live in your town. My guess is ZERO..

That 20$ drywall comes at a huge cost to the rest of us..

http://www.heritage.org/immigration/report/the-fiscal-cost-unlawful-immigrants-and-amnesty-the-us-taxpayer
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One town over, 1/2 of the residents are hispanic of 60,000, and many are undocumented. Its a way way different ballgame in California..They live in small apartments, entire families... WSJ suggests the opposite of the Heritage report.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
One town over, 1/2 of the residents are hispanic of 60,000, and many are undocumented. Its a way way different ballgame in California..They live in small apartments, entire families... WSJ suggests the opposite of the Heritage report.

And over 30% voted for Trump. In Texas over 50% of Hispanics voted for Trump. Trust me. If 50% of Hispanics in California and New York voted for Trump there'd be howls from the left to CLOSE THE BORDERS. ..
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

And over 30% voted for Trump. In Texas over 50% of Hispanics voted for Trump. Trust me. If 50% of Hispanics in California and New York voted for Trump there'd be howls from the left to CLOSE THE BORDERS. ..

The Washington Post numbers are a bit different...In Texas the estimated vote was 77% Clinton and 18% Trump. Where do your numbers come from?
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, if the Trump Administration and the Republican controlled congress were to impose tariffs on Mexican products pretending that Mexico is paying for a stupid wall, who do you think would really be paying for that? Maybe you haven't noticed, but much of what is available for sale in this country are products of the global economy. You name it, manufactured goods, agricultural products, and even offshore labor being employed in the service industry. Donald Trump isn't going change much of anything, except for duping and ultimately screwing the American public.

Maybe you haven't been picking up on my past comments here about illegal immigrants, but I've quite outspoken about what needs to be done to address our problem. It's all about going after the businesses and individual Americans that hire illegal aliens. With heavy financial penalties and stiff criminal consequences for offenders, our illegal immigration problem would quickly vanish. With no available work, illegals aliens would quickly deport themselves at little cost.

I'm all for immigration reform that makes sense, but it's ironic that Republicans in Congress can never seem to get serious and get the job done. Most thoughtful folks know why, because corporate and business interests have Republicans in their pocket and work behind the scene to ensure that nothing really happens. Still though, the Republicans can talk tough about building a stupid wall, because that's not going to stop illegal immigration or the monied interests that employ them.

You can squeal on and on with the right wing talking points about "open borders" and other contrived nonsense about cracking down on all the Hispanics in this country, but you'll never convince me that it's anything more than ugly BS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: