myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Original Windsurfer parts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
npiankov

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Original Windsurfer parts Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just bought an OW. However, the seller misplaced the mast foot insert. In the attached picture it's the flat rectangular piece that goes into the board. I do have the pivoting piece. Does anyone happen to have one of those lying around or know where I can get one? I guess I could try to make one, but would prefer to just get an original part.

Thanks! Nikita.

OW Universal Tee.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.74 KB
 Viewed:  23373 Time(s)

OW Universal Tee.jpg

katiedog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look in the barn,I might have something. Rain day tomorrow . Would you want a original teak one? How about a original HIGH wind daggerboard?
npiankov

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if there is any difference between teak and plastic. The boom I got with it was plastic/aluminum, so I assume the lost part was also plastic. But if the slot in the board is the same size, I don't think I care! It would be even more fun to have the super old part, as long as it works!

I do have a dagger with it, not sure if it's high or low wind. Not sure I will be sailing this thing in high winds anyway - I got the modern equipment for that. The OW is more of a historic piece for me and taking it out to a lake once or twice per year, just to see how it must have felt 30-40 years ago...

If you find it, I would really appreciate it!!!
katiedog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The teak base came from my 1st Windsurfer with a teak boom circa 1974 ?. I upgraded ? to a aluminum one Sad .Could not afford both at the time. The Hi-wind daggerboard was STATE of the ART ? 1975 ? along with my twin fin dual mast hole strapped Windsurfer ...WooHoo! If you want to experience what it felt like you must remember we ONLY had 1 board for ALL conditions Smile Where are you located?
npiankov

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Boston.

Did you locate the base? Do you happen to have the teak boom too??? Smile
katiedog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Located base , one the same as yours. Two dagger boards,standard and Hi-wind Smile Hi-wind is almost the size of standard but shaped diff. With the standard we used it upwind and would remove it sailing and sling it over our shoulder to fly off the wind with water blasting out of the dagger hole and the DB banging on you Smile . If you got it .. go old school . I have some Windsurfer assc. magazines from late 70's to early 80's with info. also. .I'm sending 1 to R.Naish with article from 1977 his first world title now that I see I have it .I'll pack up it all to send to you if you want . Just use it or display it . Lots of good memories and history there.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ms Dog,

Good memories indeed. I remember my BIC Dufor Wing with a
similar configuration flying off the wind, wildly shifting COE Dacron soft sail,
dagger slung over my shoulder. Hadn't thought about that in years.

-Craig

katiedog wrote:
With the standard we used it upwind and would remove it sailing and sling it over our shoulder to fly off the wind with water blasting out of the dagger hole and the DB banging on you Smile .. Lots of good memories and history there.
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the Original Windsurfer and had the dagger board swing into my face while it was on my arm and bust my upper lip. Several stitches required. Now I have eight boards and none of them have dagger boards, or centerboards for that matter.

Quite a few more stitches since then...but not on the upper lip.
npiankov

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Katie,

I sent you a PM. Can you get in touch with me?

Thanks! Nikita.
katiedog

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not receive PM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: