myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Robby bring the Chopper Back
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"But the Chopper is a High Performance Wave sail. I am very very critical about my equipment, if it wasn't the best performing sail, I wouldn't be riding it."

If it truly was, enough wave riding contests would have been won using them to the point that you are trying to make, and they'd still be around, but, they aren't.

"There is a market for them."

I think they only appealed to people who didn't want to have to deal with more than one mast, their only unique selling point.
There is a much, much, much bigger market for specifically designed sails, which may need more than one mast to complete the quiver, a very small price to pay.
There is another great reason for having more than one mast, being able to rig more than one rig, two different sizes, using to different size masts. Many of us do that all the time, it's great to have another rig ready and waiting for you when the wind changes. Having just one mast takes away that option, a convenience lost. So you are just trading in one convenience for another, I prefer the two mast method. Unless of course you are willing to own two masts of the same size, but then you've just defeated the initial goal.

But don't get me wrong, I'm happy, as I'm sure everyone is, that you are happy with the Choppers.
RUMREEFWARRIOR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I know for a fact that quite a few contest were won using the chopper, more so at the pro-am level were equipment makes a difference. but contest sailing is very specific. so that's never a good gauge of any good real world equipment.

The one mast concept is not the choppers selling point, its just a very awesome Bonus, a "very maneuverable compact powerful wave sail" was its selling point. I know that's why I bought it.

The chopper performs no doubt, that's why every current Naish wave sail was redesigned using all the revolutionary design elements from the chopper. And most major brands followed suite and did the same to their wave sails. Its been interesting to watch.

You are so right the specifically designed sail market will always be bigger and a money maker. Which I think is great. More choices for everyone the better.

Right now I and many others don't have a choice cause Naish doesn't make them anymore. for reasons I cant understand because they are very popular. I cant go back to normal sails, I have been too spoiled with the choppers performance and simplicity. It would be like going from my touch screen computer back to a normal computer, once you have touch screen you cant go back. Mad
leto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with last post. Once I touched Choppers, I started using them most of the time. They are also pretty fast sails. Have a complete set of them. Do you think Naish will listen and bring them back? Hopefully with additional XXL model that rigs on 370 mast too and matches 6.2 in power. And agree, the simplicity and light feeling of these sails is hard to beat.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dates are shown when someone replies. This thread ended , the first time over 2years ago. I had 1 Chopper. I liked it, I sold it.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: