myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I think i'll rant
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: I think i'll rant Reply with quote

I hate deniers. People who think man cannot affect Earth. The American Bison once roamed this continent by the millions, before the first car was ever made, we wiped them out. Piece of cake. I use this as a truly basic example.

Man is very very capable of fucking things up. It is estimated that in 100 years half of all species on Earth will be extinct due to man. Hundreds of animals as small as insects to the majestic Siberian Tiger will all be gone in just the next few years alone. All due to man. Gone forever are the West African black rhinoceros, the Caribbean monk seal and the ultra wicked Tasmanian tiger just to name a few. Poached to eternity.

In California alone we have done some pretty good damage. The California Condor, Earths largest bird is toast. Science is doing its best but most likely its done. Lead poisoning, poaching and loss of habitat have brought known numbers to about 24 in the wild. The California Redwoods, the tallest tree on Earth, gone. About 3% of the original old growth forests are left. Trees that take thousands of years to grow gone before radio was invented. The Giant Sequoia, the largest trees on Earth, 67% gone. Fortunately they are brittle and not a valuable lumber species, but man still found a way to take 67% of those before regulations kicked in over 100 years ago. Trees that take thousands and thousands of years to grow, gone. Once the nuclear holocaust is over and Earth rebounds maybe they will once be as majestic as they were before man took them all.

Oh yea, I forgot, the nuclear holocaust, that would be man made. Probably not good for growing corn or walking down the beach. Then again just buy some buckets of food that scum of the Earth Jim Bakker is hawking again on television in the name of Jesus. Who let that asshole out of jail? Probably all his dumb ass followers pushed Trump over the limit. Real thinkers that bunch. How about Chernobyl? Nice place for the kids. Currently under a 1000 sq. mile exclusion zone, even while encased in a massively thick concrete and steel sarcophagus. 2,120 does that number ring a bell? Its the total number of nuclear explosions man has tested to date. Wonder where you got that cancer?

In Wisconsin and the midwest most every pine forest has been logged 2 or 3 times over. My friend a professor wrote a book on the subject and says not a square inch of forest in these states hasn’t been harvested a few times over in the last 150 years. Fortunately the United States Forest Service has done a decent job of managing these clear cuts since the 1800’s. Its the reason the West has been untouched. Tress were the oil of the day and the U.S. Government wanted good reserves. You can thank the Department of Agriculture (not the Department of Interior) for saving the great forests of the West.

Care to look in the oceans? The decimation of the Atlantic fishing industry is well documented and its pretty decent comeback due to REGULATIONS! Sadly illegal fishing in Europe and the corruption of bringing seafood to market is still a massive problem in the Atlantic and species are in a net decline. The worlds oceans are experiencing biological change at an unprecedented rate. Species interactions and food web structures are reflected by the staggering decline in marine fishes across the board. Does it matter? Is your head in the sand? In just one example, large pelagic sharks have declined 75% in the Northwest Atlantic since 1986 due to the shark trade. In every ocean, whether its Russia’s Arctic or the Eastern tropical Pacific, unregulated fishing, corruption and lack of regulations is having a devastating impact on marine environments. These oceans are of immense ecological value and are plagued with destructive practices due to lack of policy.

What about those pesky whales or Japanese fishing boats scouring the pacific like giant Hoover vacuum cleaners? These boats are floating factories that run illegally decimating large chunks 24 hours a day, every day of the year.

For sure - who gives a crap about fucking polar bears? Oh yea, I forgot, 19% of the coral reefs on planet Earth are dead due to man. It is estimated that in 25 years half may be gone. I can attest to the changes in just 30 years of Scuba diving the caribbean. It sucks now. Really sucks compared to what it was. Get your kids in the water now before they are gone. I mean this.

Want to gander at the US mining industry pre 1980’s? Tens of thousands of unregulated mines left leaching ponds and tailing piles. Some of which are now superfund sites. Many untold disasters that still lurk out West like the recent example in Colorado the EPA was trying to clean up when things went awry. Just trying to clean up someones else shit and you guys give them crap when things don't work right? Why don't you get your ass off the couch and clean it up jerk! It is estimated that possibly 1/2 million mines were dug before REGULATIONS kicked in and stoped the mayhem in the 80’s.

Fly over the midwest, every square inch of the ground is manipulated by man in circles and squares. Highest C02 levels in 800,000 years. Currently at 400 PPM. Look it up Einstein.

Don’t get me started on Africa, Russia or.…

The Atmosphere, oh yea, the big one. Who needs air? You, me plants? Naw. Ever research Venus?

Tropical rainforests being burnt at a rate of 2.7 million acres per year. Satellites capture the smoke covering whole countries in the burning season. Look at the photos Einstein. One fly’s in a plane and thinks the atmosphere is so big that it’s impossible for man to have any influence. Try breathing 3 miles off the ground. It’s a real thin atmosphere dude! Whatever shit we put in it, goes round and round, accumulating toxins, Co2 and all sorts of man made crap. 19 lbs of Co2 for every gallon of gas burned - Look it up. If you add up all the gallons of gasoline burned just for American cars used in just 1 lifetime of drivers, you would have a 4 inch deep puddle the size of all the land East of the Mississippi. Just toss a match in and watch what happens. Thats one lifetime only, just gasoline. One hell of a puff of smoke.

What about all the coal that has been burning since the caveman? In the 1700’s the English found it burned hotter and cleaner than charcoal. In the 1300’s in North America the Hopi Indians used it for cooking and yes, the caveman used it. But it wasn't until the Civil War that factories kicked in and began to use it like ice cream on a sunny day. It is the most plentiful fuel in the fossil family and bye God it has been burned. Billions and billions of tons of it. Earth gets one giant breath every year when the Northern hemisphere has its face to the Sun, that’s it. To be that dumb ass Sarah Palin and boast “burn baby burn” does not show any sensitivity to the issues that face humanity, just pure selfishness.

Add it all up and keep multiplying.

I am not here to say man doesn't need to harvest the Earth or we don't need energy, development and our shit. I like shit, like new windsurfing gear. I’m just saying don't deny the facts of what’s happening assholes. You can say fuck it, who cares, but don't deny the science, the photos, the technology, the proof, the glaciers, the scientists who built the science on the backs of other scientists backs. Those who dedicated their lives to studying krill biomass for the last 30 years. Those trying their best to develop modern technologies and make them viable, something beyond a neanderthal’s approach like you have. It’s called caring. Its called giving a shit. It’s called respect for others other than yourself.

Science, education, technology and mostly REGULATIONS will be needed if any of you bullheaded deniers give a crap about the future. Ever think “why do I need to carry 6500 lbs. of metal and plastic around with me when I go buy my toothbrush? I suggest you walk down the street, get a burger and a beer and think about things for the sake of your children’s great, great grandchildren. They will be walking down the street in about 100 years thinking “man did they fuck this place up or what”? That is if there is anything left to wonder about.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluefish if you were an Indian your name would be Dark Cloud.

I agree with most of what you wrote, just not to sure if there is a solution.
7 billion people on earth with lots of needs for energy , food, material, etc.
Maybe we will evolve into super humans that can live with little food, bad air, extreme temperature tolerance, and some new form of energy that puts few demands and stress on mother earth.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You state the obvious Bluefish, now please give us the answer!

What about a compulsory cull of the human race, to control and reduce the runaway population growth with all it's excessive demands, to sustainable levels? Why not exterminate all the 'bad' people, bad, as defined by hand wringing liberals who, themselves, use and 'enjoy' all the accrued benefits civilisation has provided for us, but who fondly imagine that they themselves are not just a part of the same problem!

When the atom was split, the wise knew that the human race must ultimately destroy itself, along with most of the planet. The only miracle is that it hasn't yet done so! But it will, unless you come up with an answer.

By the way, one of the suggestions as to why we can detect no advanced form of life in the cosmos is because of that very problem. i.e. technological progress brings the obvious danger of self destruction! Logical, don't you think?
J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regulations. Man without regulations will destroy Man. Not regulations to stop progress, regulations once progress has been made.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor".

"I have not observed men's honesty to increase with their riches".

-Thomas Jefferson
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Bluefish, but man is NOT the only animal which devours its own kind, in the sense you quote.

Study the social behaviour and standing in their society of our primate cousins, especially the chimps. Neither is such exclusive to primates. The majority of the worlds animal kingdom fight for territory, and dominance of such. Why do you think those cute little birds sing their little heads off?

Surely, there is no excuse for naivity about the cruel harshness of nature in the raw, with all the knowledge we now have regarding their behaviour.

As for regulations, they can only aid, but not cure all ills, IF all nations agree to implement them. How do you propose to force those countries and regimes who refuse to comply? Nuke them, perhaps? (North Korea as an expample??)
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new form of "super denier" is created for him to hate!! The bison, giant redwoods, tigers, rhinos, nuclear holocausts, over-fishing, whales, tropical rain-forests, polar bears........and don't even get him started on Africa!! It makes him feel so good that he cares while he drives his 3 ton SUV........unlike all those other ignorant, uncaring neanderthals. Fortunately, we can all breath a sigh of relief, he has the solution...........regulations! Just like the ones that Japanese whalers, European fisherman, and rhino poachers ignore. That'll fix it.

I am concerned not to come off as shrill or preachy when what I really am is more like confused.” - David Foster Wallace
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttps://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=2t70yqqsrfc
J64TWB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still sitting on that brown leather couch gybe?
rigitrite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The root cause of ALL the problems mentioned in the first post, but nobody wants to talk about it: TOO MANY HUMANS!!!
Education (especially for women), family planning, and access to birth control (especially for women) are about the only solutions.
If we don't fix this ourselves, nature will fix it for us with a massive die-off. Whether it be war, famine, disease, etc.... There is not enough room on this planet for infinitely many humans.

mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
Still sitting on that brown leather couch gybe?

That's more like it! Back in your comfort zone. No plagiarism needed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: