myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
IS SOMEONE MISSING THEIR TRAILER????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alena

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Trailer Reply with quote

Hey Cape Cod guys
Just look inside there maybe a person in there?
Alena
jpeter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is suspicious ... a perfectly good thule rack on top.
rollerrider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it making a ticking sound?
paulf.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay, you know that the only perfectly good gorge rax were when they were still in the shop. after that they rotted from the inside out as i believe a few liability suits pointed out. the thule rack might be better but doubtful given the condition of the trailer.
wavedawg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had another look today - no VIN#, no plate. Inside was a broken Chinook boom & a disintegrating board bag. No body. maybe the owner was offering it up to whoever wants to take it home? It looks pretty ghetto though, so I can't believe anyone would want it.
WaterKook

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outcast we should grab it! It would be a great place to store the tandem and all the crap we only use every three years. Hell I could empty my shed into that thing! Laughing Mice and all.
Any lurking kiters still have one of those Real Kiteboarding stickers "WINDSURFING HAS BEEN CANCELED" hanging around?
That would take some of the mystery out of it.
BTW.......
Canceled vs. cancelled

In American English, the verb cancel is usually inflected canceled and canceling—with one l. This is not a rule, however, and exceptions are easily found. In varieties of English from outside the U.S., including Canadian, British, and Australian English, cancelled and cancelling are the preferred spellings. The spelling distinction extends to cancelers and cancellers, as well as to cancelable and cancellable, but it does not not extend to cancellation, which everywhere is spelled with two l’s.
American English has only recently adopted the one-l spellings of canceled, canceling, etc., and the change is not fully engrained in the American language. In web searches of American publications covering the last couple of years, cancelled and cancelling still appear about once for every five instances of canceled and canceling. Outside the U.S., meanwhile, the one-l spellings appear only very rarely. This is true even in Canada, which is usually friendlier to American spelling idiosyncrasies than is the rest of the English-speaking world.
Kiters
Rolling Eyes

Last edited by WaterKook on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
jpeter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about gorge racks, was never a board stacker. The thule stuff would be great for a young skid getting into the sport. But not many in that category around here. Not gonna put a rusty rack on the Audi my dad gave me.
wavedawg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lesson in semantix, kook!! (you really are a kook, aren't you??!!!) From anecdotal evidence I can say that trailers with boards on the outside are fraught with liability issues. I know of at least one outside board hauler that, on AT LEAST 2 OCCASIONS!!!, had a board fall off as he was racing to the beach to catch a ride! In one case, he later retrieved his board from the state police, & thankfully no one was hurt.

Then there's the security issue - boards are more visible outside, inviting more attention from people that think they can get some fast $$, who will cut the straps & take whatever they can only to find that no one wants it!!. Best to keep it in your car van or box trailer.

It might be useful storage space though, kook, so I encourage you to drag it home(don't know if wheels actually turn). Sooner its gone the better - Barnstable town officials will not appreciate the cost of removing it as an abandoned vehicle, which will not bode well for the windsurfing community - just sayin
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell it's winter

I think I could sell it on eBay easily

It would need to be titled as homemade,it would need maybe some new tape, a few strategic stickers.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
justall

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what is the status on this abandoned trailer? I need closure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: