myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Calexit because of Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
The information we have been given, from Mr. Trump, over the past 18 months is that he will repeal the ACA. He has had ample time to present detailed alternatives

How much detail did you have from Senator Obama 8 years ago? Little more than broad strokes. That's the nature of the beast. Politicians make sweeping assertions during their campaigns to gain support. Trump is no different. However, those of us with a little experience know that, when the reality of governing hits, campaign promises are moderated. I expect nothing less from Trump. He has publicly acknowledged that some aspects of the ACA should remain. Of course they should. Repeal and replace was his campaign slogan. Not repeal and to hell with those who have no insurance. Give it some time before jumping off a bridge.

Mrgybe

The ACA subsidies and the Medicare cost cutting methods are tied together. One doesn't work without the other. The cost cutting strategies involve changes in charting, standard of care etc. Pretty complicated set of regulations, incentives and penalties. This may involve, for some types of practices, collaborative effort with hospitals and other providers.

Unfortunately, the implementation window is, basically, now. So, the choice in front of us is to spend the manpower and resources right now when we don't know what the future plans are. Large hospitals have resources to do this. Small practices need to look at how the costs can be recovered. In my wife's case...it is easier to limit the exposure...ie Medicare subscribers.

In the big picture does my wife's practice matter? Probably not. It will get lost in the noise of data. But, it is hard to not take this election personally.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Ryan was asked how the GOP can generate Obamacare modification and replacement plans in time for Day One. "Simple", he said. Paraphrasing closely: "We've had and have offered excellent plans for years which will vastly improve on the ACA, but they have been systematically ignored by Reid and/or Obama. We are ready and waiting with these and MANY such plans covering MANY issues."
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Unfortunately, the implementation window is, basically, now. So, the choice in front of us is to spend the manpower and resources right now when we don't know what the future plans are.

I wouldn't expend resources on something that is so uncertain. What I would do is make as much noise as possible, along with those similarly placed, and any relevant professional associations, to lobby my representatives for an implementation delay pending clarification. There have been many ACA implementation delays previously.

I don't know what more to say. Trump cannot simply go along with further implementation of a law he considers to be fatally flawed. Cutting our losses is the best thing to do. There will be some pain associated with that, but the originators of the bad legislation are the ones that should be in the hot seat, not someone who had nothing to do with the law, or its predecessors and is now attempting to improve the situation. If he fails to do that, or makes it worse, then have at it, hold him accountable. I'll be right there with you. But let's at least hear what his plans are before giving up. As Iso says, despite all the reportage from a biased media, Republicans have presented alternatives. These have been ignored or overruled. We'll see if they are any good and if they are able to implement them in a less Keystone Cops manner.

Incidentally, of course your wife's practice matters, as do thousands of similar small practices on which most of us rely for our healthcare. Even conservatives know that!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrgybe

Thanks for your post.

Conway today mentioned that Trump was planning on repeal of the ACA on day one. My wife decided to quit taking Medicare because of it and will retire a couple years yearly.

I really do appreciate your comments. But, between my wife and myself we have written scores of letters to legislators asking for funding and access to care be maintained to different parts of her practice from seniors to handicapped children. It seems like she is sometimes the only person who gives a shit for her clientele.

Regardless of what you think of my morals and what Isobars has expressed in the past about my wife (he does not know us), my wife has spent her career treating people who otherwise would not be provided care. This at significant financial cost to our bottom line (which has been our choice so I am not complaining). But, there is no energy for the battle when the President elect has made such damning fun of the vulnerable she cares for.

At some point, you just say enough. I wonder how widespread this will be beyond my wife and a couple of her associates.

I know you didn't vote for Trump, and I understand why. But, it is really hard for us to not feel betrayed by our friends that did. Many on this forum, and elsewhere throughout the country, are gleeful that some of us feel this way (I guess we get what we deserve). But, there will be costs that may be felt by everyone.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Mrgybe

Thanks for your post.

Conway today mentioned that Trump was planning on repeal of the ACA on day one. My wife decided to quit taking Medicare because of it and will retire a couple years yearly.

I really do appreciate your comments. But, between my wife and myself we have written scores of letters to legislators asking for funding and access to care be maintained to different parts of her practice from seniors to handicapped children. It seems like she is sometimes the only person who gives a shit for her clientele.

Regardless of what you think of my morals and what Isobars has expressed in the past about my wife (he does not know us), my wife has spent her career treating people who otherwise would not be provided care. This at significant financial cost to our bottom line (which has been our choice so I am not complaining). But, there is no energy for the battle when the President elect has made such damning fun of the vulnerable she cares for.

At some point, you just say enough. I wonder how widespread this will be beyond my wife and a couple of her associates.

I know you didn't vote for Trump, and I understand why. But, it is really hard for us to not feel betrayed by our friends that did. Many on this forum, and elsewhere throughout the country, are gleeful that some of us feel this way (I guess we get what we deserve). But, there will be costs that may be felt by everyone.

Betrayed? for not voting for a lying, corrupt, self serving, bitch, under two FBI investigations.
You can deny all of the above but the fact are the facts, except for the bitch part, that's my personal opinion. Laughing
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty

You're not my friend. So, my comments don't apply to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: