myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing Florida Panhandle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteboland

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Windsurfing Florida Panhandle Reply with quote

Anybody ever windsurf the Florida Panhandle? I'm a long board sailor - I have a Bic 11.6 that I've taken out at Seaside, nr Destin a few times. Lovely clear and warm water, with some waves. Seemed like I am the only one doing this....are there are other spots nearby where windsurfers sail...or am the only sad lonely bastard doing this still?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on the SEARCH button at the top left of your iW window > Enter Destin as your key word > click on POSTS > hit Search > 29 posts in several threads.
SeaDawg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there about 5 yrs ago with my boys and launched on the Destin causeway. Almost all kites. A couple local windsurfers showed up to see who the new guy was. My boys and I were for the most part the only WS. The M shop in Ft Walton was still open.

Nice water fun area.
nitrojiber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Windsurfing Florida Panhandle Reply with quote

peteboland wrote:
Anybody ever windsurf the Florida Panhandle? I'm a long board sailor - I have a Bic 11.6 that I've taken out at Seaside, nr Destin a few times. Lovely clear and warm water, with some waves. Seemed like I am the only one doing this....are there are other spots nearby where windsurfers sail...or am the only sad lonely bastard doing this still?

Near Destin, sailors typically go to Leeside park on the bay side of Okaloosa Island. I don't live there, but I been sailing there for over 25 years. Used to be a good group of windsurfers there, but pretty much all kiteboarders now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: