myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NJ shore
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrWind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny,

Thanks for the feedback.

Did not go to Sandy Hook because the models were showing that it could be very up and down and it was only 30 minute more of drive to Island Beach where it was already blowing at a solid 30.

I stopped by 23 Rd Ave at Seaside on the way down but no one was there, so I paid my $10 (out of state resident) entrance fee and drove south.

Checked the ocean side about 2/3 way down the island and it seemed doable on the outside, but given the fact that there was no else around except a curious fox who approached me as I was watching the surf, decided to sail the bay at Johnny Allen's Cove which was right across the street.

Sailed the 4.0 for about 4 hours before switching to a overpowered at times 3.5. Conditions were flat (knee deep) to bump and jump chop towards Forked River. Sailed a 69L 2006 Fanatic Newwave Custom with tri fin setup. Packed up at 4:15 and was home at 8 PM. Probably got a solid 6.5 hours of sailing time in. Well worth the 3.5 hour drive.

Lars
DrWind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny,

A old windsurfing buddy on one of my personal windsurfing email groups sent me an email that windsurfing and kitesurfing is banned as IBSP. I checked about it on internet and there seems to there was a petition regarding the access issue and that the petition was victorious.

https://www.change.org/p/jenifer-clayton-island-beach-state-park-recreation-zone-development-proposal?source_location=topic_page

If what I was doing was illegal, the NJ State Park Police officer who drove by the launch did not seem to care.

Lars
richhotdog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: nj shore Reply with quote

Lars,
We sail off the last street before you go into the park. Its either 23rd or 24th street.There is a parking lot for the marina,thats where we park and launch.You most likely launched in the park at the small craft launch area. I bet it was about eight miles from where you paid to get in. The ranger ignored you because it is off season and the weather was pretty bad.I don't think they would let you sail there during the summer
.You would of had an even better time if had stayed on mainland and sailed either Allen Rd. or Laurel Ave. They have better conditions and are more challenging on NE winds.
Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: