myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Car rental on Maui: Kimo's vs Manaloha vs Frank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motogon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Car rental on Maui: Kimo's vs Manaloha vs Frank Reply with quote

Going to Maui at end of November. Everything set up except for car, so I'm trying to decide who to rent from. I like Frank but he doesn't have minivans and I like to have minivan since I park in condo parking lot in Kihei. Never deal before with Manaloha or Kimo's. Any reviews of them?
Rented couple times from Al West, but their vans scary driving piles of junk (unless something changed in last two years).

cptn_picard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manaloha is great. We rented from Sergio twice. Great price & service with convenient location. Highly recommended.
rswabsin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't know what happened to Al West - they are still there (as of last year) but I could never get someone to answer the phone and they never returned voice messages. We tried Manaloha last year as well - excellent service at a great price. Our car was in the parking lot at Kahalui Airport waiting for us when we arrived and we left in the same place at departure. Couldn't be easier.

Rob
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costco travel has good deal on cars. No upfront fees
jse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always used Kimo's. Nice people, good service. Cars are old (> 100K miles) but never had a problem.

Steve
summertime

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rented from kimos - albiet a few years ago. Horrible experience. First the car size i had reserved "hadn't been returned but would be back the next day". So i had to take a smaller car for a day and then waste my time the next day going back to get the wagon i had rented. No apology, no compensation offered. I compained at that point about my time and he gave me a discount - as i recall it was 25 dollars. The next car was also very old so I didn't enjoy being in it ( felt dirty). But it did drive well. The worst part was the day my flight left. The guy who was suppose meet me at the rental shop at 0800 (or 0830?)to intake the car and drive me to the airport was 15 min. late so i was getting nervous that he may not show up and I'd miss my plane. When he arrived - he dragged his feet opening the gate and getting moving. He complained the whole time about needing to get up early for this airport run... - and then sped to airport - pedal to the metal scaring the crap out of me. I would never rent from them. Since then I've used Maui Vans and they have always been really nice. They really strive to accomadate, are super reliable about getting you to the airport in a timely manner. I've had great experiences with the 2 or 3 local women and a couple of the young men as well.
bamer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

summertime wrote:
I've had great experiences with the 2 or 3 local women and a couple of the young men as well.

If you want to review prostitutes, you should create a new thread. Shocked
spennie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, good one bamer!

Al West was sold a few years ago to demons from the lowest depths of Hell, I'll never rent there again.

Last summer I found Surf Rents Trucks, they were very cool and accomodating, with a couple caveats: The full-size van I got was bare-bones, a tin box with two seats & nothing more. It ran great, the radio and the A/C worked, neither my wife or myself care about fluff. Gotta take a short cab ride to get there, too. If you don't mind those things, give them a call.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: