myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obnoxious kiters at/near Hatchery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CUSalin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trenthightower wrote:
Nope. Not a belligerent kiter. I do happen to kite, though. Also happen to windsurf. And I stand corrected. You are indeed "Dealing with it." You're just not dealing with like an adult. Most folks around the hatch abandoned this bullshit attitude 10 years ago. Kiters and windsurfers can and do enjoy the hatchery together on the best of days safely and courteously.

OK, I stand corrected. You're not a belligerent Kiter. You're just a belligerent person, and antagonistic. Probably why you feel compelled to and enjoy kiting into crowded fields of windsurfers just because you have "the right" to.
I envision you probably owning an assault rifle and being pleased to wear it over your shoulder at public rallies for the same reason = because you have "the right" to.
Kiters and windsurfers absolutely can enjoy places like The Hatch together on the best of days, so long as they are being respectful and careful of each other. I observed much of this yesterday evening at The Hatch, Swell and points in between - but that that is not what this topic of discussion is about. The topic of this discussion is "obnoxious kiters at the hatchery." I guess now we all know exactly who we're talking about.
So, give us a wave and a smile next time you're showboating on your kite at Kodak point amongst an already overcrowded field of windsurfers and we'll see just how many 10 year old bullshit attitudes you can conger up.

ericandholly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<and I rarely see a life jacket and only some helmets anymore on kiters. (I guess it's uncool now.) >>

Apparently...

Photos taken by Mike Godsey

image.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  559.05 KB
 Viewed:  15638 Time(s)

image.jpeg

Last edited by ericandholly on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
windfind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ericandholly,

Glad you liked my photos. However posting another persons photographs in your post without giving credit is not a good idea.

I am sure you meant no offense.

Mike Godsey
ericandholly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None at all Mike. My bad. In no way did I intend to infer that those were my photos. Simply a cut and paste from a post of yours to illustrate a point re kiters being too cool to wear safety gear. Let me know if you'd like me to remove them.

Best,
Eric
trenthightower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OK, I stand corrected. You're not a belligerent Kiter. You're just a belligerent person, and antagonistic. Probably why you feel compelled to and enjoy kiting into crowded fields of windsurfers just because you have "the right" to.
I envision you probably owning an assault rifle and being pleased to wear it over your shoulder at public rallies for the same reason = because you have "the right" to.
Kiters and windsurfers absolutely can enjoy places like The Hatch together on the best of days, so long as they are being respectful and careful of each other. I observed much of this yesterday evening at The Hatch, Swell and points in between - but that that is not what this topic of discussion is about. The topic of this discussion is "obnoxious kiters at the hatchery." I guess now we all know exactly who we're talking about.
So, give us a wave and a smile next time you're showboating on your kite at Kodak point amongst an already overcrowded field of windsurfers and we'll see just how many 10 year old bullshit attitudes you can conger up.

I have been known to occasionally get belligerent, but absolutely never during the daytime.

Let's Review: Yes. The original topic of this post was indeed about obnoxious kiters at the hatch. A reasonable discussion then ensued. Then YOU CUSalin spouted off that in your opinion any and every kiter that enters a particular zone of the river while it's busy is "fucking dumb" "Stupid" "Dangerous" etc. So, who is the antagonist?

But then yesterday evening at the hatch you encountered some kiters that were not "fucking dumb" "stupid" "Dangerous" ? How can that be? Is it only because it wasn't super crowded with windsurfers yesterday evening? Is there a threshold of windsurfers that kiters should be aware of? Some capacity where when reached kiters should not enter the area?

Again, you've behaved like a child here. That little bit about assault rifles and your veiled threats illustrate this behavior perfectly.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every one of the windsurfers depicted has a craft that will actually float them if the shite hits the fan.
CUSalin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrentLowPower wrote: "Is there a threshold of windsurfers that kiters should be aware of? Some capacity where when reached kiters should not enter the area?"

My response: Yes, the threshold is when there are so many windsurfers packed into a space that its fucking dumb, stupid and dangerous to do so.

And now for something truly childish, which..., admittedly, I've been known for, even during daylight hours (just ask anybody)......... Neener, Neener, Neener! Laughing Razz

starfish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Same thing different summer Reply with quote

This is fun to read as usual. I never seen a windsurfer lose their gear, never.
Twisted Evil
ericandholly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<
Every one of the windsurfers depicted has a craft that will actually float them if the shite hit's the fan>>

Phew! My surfboard floats me! So, I guess that makes me cool to not wear a helmet and pfd. But,I do wear a hat. Is that okay? So many things to consider to make me a Hatch worthy kiter. I think I need a spreadsheet.
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this is the appropriate forum to make this statement - but...whilst on port tack at the Hatchery on 7/21, an upwind kiter also on port tack lost control in close proximity to me and his lines snagged on the clew end of my boom as his kite was diving into the water...my rig was pulled aft suddenly, but I was able to maintain my balance - the kiter had a yard sale...i jibed and sailed passed him when he was looking for his board and inquired of his health. he was okay and he apologized. he muttered something about "close proximity..."

i said "no worries" and continued sailing. In retrospect - if you can't keep your kite from hitting me. don't get into close proximity! Jeebus!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: