myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Ezzy Tiger vs. the Elite
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Ezzy Tiger vs. the Elite Reply with quote

Hey all you Ezzy guys. Is it time for me to give the Elite a go. Just a bump and jump windsurfer. Not any real waves. Love the 5.8 Tiger but its time for a new one. I prefer to use the smallest sail per wind speed that I can. Low end power counts. The rumor is that The Tiger is gone next year. Any input would be helpful....I have all Ezzy masts
nw30

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Elite is primarily a wave sail, only 4 battens which is good for fast depowering needed for tricks on waves, the Taka even more so.
You would be better off with the Tiger for B & J, or lake sailing, more battens get you thru the lulls better.
Just because the Tiger may not be continued (if that's true), doesn't mean you still won't be able to get one on clearance, for even cheaper. Chances are that the Tiger will be replaced with another 5 batten wave sail, many people still like 5 battens for the ocean.
Why not the Cheetah?
rigatoni

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sail almost exclusively bump and jump and love the Elite. Definitely has more range than the Tiger and has a much softer feel. Honestly you can't go wrong with either sail.
DW

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We bought our first Elite (5.7m 2015 closeout) about 2 months ago. We owned a full quiver of Tigers. The idea was to get a lighter sail for foiling. Better pumping, easier up hauling.

My wife and I were shocked by how superior the Elite was to the Tiger, in every way! More wind range, less twitchy, more comfortable in gusty wind, better pumping, smoothed out gusty wind, way, way lighter, etc....

We dumped my entire quiver of Tigers and grabbed every 2015 Elite we could find to build up a full quiver.

I let a friend try my 5.0 Elite on a gusty day. He also was blown away by the sail.

It's really funny now, because it's mostly Ezzy sails here, and all of us were pro Tiger because it had more battens. Well, we were wrong!

Ezzy should drop the Tiger.
gvogelsang

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

supSURFmachines wrote:
We bought our first Elite (5.7m 2015 closeout) about 2 months ago. We owned a full quiver of Tigers. The idea was to get a lighter sail for foiling. Better pumping, easier up hauling.

My wife and I were shocked by how superior the Elite was to the Tiger, in every way! More wind range, less twitchy, more comfortable in gusty wind, better pumping, smoothed out gusty wind, way, way lighter, etc....

We dumped my entire quiver of Tigers and grabbed every 2015 Elite we could find to build up a full quiver.

I let a friend try my 5.0 Elite on a gusty day. He also was blown away by the sail.

It's really funny now, because it's mostly Ezzy sails here, and all of us were pro Tiger because it had more battens. Well, we were wrong!

Ezzy should drop the Tiger.

Great review. Last fall I traded in my 5.5 Cheetah; I am deciding between the Tiger (or Legacy) and the Elite. I think that I just made up my mind.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Elites are more mast specific, work best on the combos as specified.

The feel of the 4 batten is more direct than the Tiger, to most this is a good trait, I feel that the Tiger when really overpowered is better, but could be a matter of tuning and how you like to sail.

I would not rule against the Elite. FWIW my Taka is a fav in my quiver.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
UncleRandy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree i like the elites better than the tigers also i now have the 6.1
And a 4.7 will have 5.3 soon! My question has anyone tried the new
5 batten elites looking to replace my 6.9 tiger with the 6.8 elite!
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks boys for the reply. I went 6.1 Elite. Will let you all know what I think. If you care what I think....
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, post your findings

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
hilton08

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Elite is a great sail with plenty of stability for freeride, bump & jump, and wave sailing.
After sailing the Elite, the Tiger feels more like a slalom or freeride sail - like a Cheetah but in the smaller sizes.
The Taka is now the true wave sail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: