myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The play for 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one of the amazing things Trump's done for our country

http://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/new-data-reveals-which-college-grads-earn-most-and-which-carry-most-debt
LHDR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, look, I say I'm not aware that Biden did something corrupt with Ukraine. You say I'm ill-informed and suggest that Biden corruptly ousted the Ukrainian prosecutor. I give you facts that I'm basing my conclusion on. Then you say "OOZING with corruption" and that "common sense and rational people say BS".

1. That's not how it works. You can dispute the facts or argue that the facts don't support the conclusion. Or you agree and provide evidence for another corrupt action by Biden.

2. Instead, you avoid dealing with the facts I present, and you seem to have nothing to back up your claim of corruption by Biden. My guess is that you understand what I'm trying to say here. But for no good reason you ignore facts and believe in fake narratives. If this describes you and the other 40% that still support Republicans, deplorable is a very polite understatement.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold this morning, so a few moments to waste. LHDR.........for several years, I ran the global governance activities for one of the largest corporations on the planet. I now teach the topic to corporations across North America. If the vice President of any reputable US corporation was involved in such a blatant conflict of interest, whether any gain was real or perceived, he/ she would be fired immediately. I see no reason to expect a lower standard from top level politicians.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Cold this morning, so a few moments to waste. LHDR.........for several years, I ran the global governance activities for one of the largest corporations on the planet. I now teach the topic to corporations across North America. If the vice President of any reputable US corporation was involved in such a blatant conflict of interest, whether any gain was real or perceived, he/ she would be fired immediately. I see no reason to expect a lower standard from top level politicians.

As usual mrgybe makes a totally biased comment, ignoring the conflicts of interest of Trump’s children—employed by Trump—and conflating Biden’s son with Biden.

I support stronger revolving door policies that would limit the ability of politicians to serve as lobbyists for economic sectors that they once oversaw. I’m also well aware that Republicans and conservative Democrats have blocked legislative reforms because such lobbying positions are lucrative sinecures for politicians and political appointees who have lost their official positions.

While their is no doubt that Hunter Pence was appointed to the Burisima Board to try curry favor with reformists in the US and Europe, there is no evidence that his activities on the Board were the kind of conflict of interest inferred by the gybester. Instead, there is compelling information that he did not trade on his father’s name while on the Board—coming from a Polish politician also appointed to the board to cope with the need for reform. https://www.newsweek.com/ex-polish-president-burisma-board-suggests-hunter-biden-never-said-anything-about-his-father-1474728

The corruption that existed within Burisma and other Ukraine companies, much of it driven by oligarch’s with ties to Putin, and perhaps to Trump, is sad indeed. It would be fair to ask whether anti-corruption efforts have been successful, and whether Hunter Biden was useful in such efforts.

But wait—such conditions, and a process for determining whether sufficient progress was made was indeed required by Congress before aid could be sent to Ukraine. Reform was the key issue in the ouster of the previous President and the election of a reformist. The investigation required by Congress was indeed carried out by the Trump administration, and it found that Ukraine had made sufficient progress. This happened well before the grifter-in-chief saw an opportunity for extortion. Claims about Trump’s concerns about corruption are, at best, an indictment of his ignorance of what his administration was doing and the legal standards that had been imposed. But the evidence is compelling that it was yet another effort by Trump to cheat.

I have no problem with even-handed criticisms of loopholes in conflict of interest laws that allow Hunter Biden, or Ivanka Trump, or Jared Kushner to gain from the fame and power of their parent. But I also know which party has blocked such reforms. The day I read an even-handed criticism from mrgybe, I’ll agree with it.

Last edited by mac on Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trumps children are RUNNING existing companies that they started and have OPERATED before he took office...

Bidens kid was appointed to a board with zero skin in the game , zero expertise, and only for his obvious influence with the White house..

Stop making a fool of yourself, there is zero comparison here...
LHDR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe, I think mac makes good points, and everyone agrees why Biden's son was hired and that it created potential conflicts of interest for VP Biden. I take your word that a company VP would be fired immediately, but we may not think about the same scenarios. If the son of a company VP was hired by, let's say, a potential supplier to his dad's company, the VP won't be fired, I guess; instead, the VP will be asked to recuse himself from decisions involving his son's company? Biden didn't recuse himself from Ukraine, but at least he seems to have carried out US policy and didn't do anything that favored his son.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Trumps children are RUNNING existing companies that they started and have OPERATED before he took office...

Bidens kid was appointed to a board with zero skin in the game , zero expertise, and only for his obvious influence with the White house..

Stop making a fool of yourself, there is zero comparison here...

What a fool. I expect neither mrgybe nor Matty to have fair criticisms. I don’t expect that Matty will ever have a grasp of facts—or the English language.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty has no concept either of conflicts of interest—or “zero expertise.
Ivanka is exhibit A for zero expertise. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/01/ivanka-trump-first-daughter-slammed-role-unofficial-diplomat/1616324001/

I could go on about both conflicts of interest and incompetence—but deplorables are immune to facts.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Matty has no concept either of conflicts of interest—or “zero expertise.
Ivanka is exhibit A for zero expertise. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/01/ivanka-trump-first-daughter-slammed-role-unofficial-diplomat/1616324001/

I could go on about both conflicts of interest and incompetence—but deplorables are immune to facts.

Meanwhile she is working hard for families, paid medical leaves and more...

Unlike Hunter the lowlife, with unwanted babies, hookers, crack and dildos up his ass.

Of course we know you are too immature to give her any credit...

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/ivanka-trump-at-nri-event-paid-parental-leave-is-a-priority-for-the-administration/
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a YUGE difference in conflicts or bad optics and corruption ..

And Matty, just because Beavis and Butthead ran businesses before their daddy moved into the WH , it doesn’t mean they should continue if there are conflicts .. Usually presidents and family divest of businesses that create conflicts before taking office ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 59 of 62

Jump to: