myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
right wing supreme court right wing activism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja said:
Quote:
ya we all nee shoulder launch weapons, and machine guns, and tanks. throw in a few nice grenades with biological chemical or nuclear potential. the real state of the art. That is also how we should be hunting...

Just more silliness. I think our government has already put limits on what the public can use for self defense, hunting, competition and recreation when it comes to weapons. If I was involved in any of the above, I would choose a state of the art firearm and not a spear.

Maybe in Baja, Mexico, a spear is the only legal choice.
pointster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I bought my first gun when camping with my dogs in the SW desert boondocks surrounded by coyotes ... the four-legged kind. I upgraded that purchase when I perceived more two-legged threats. Coup, schmoo; I have a right to protect myself.

I've never had a problem with fellow campers with guns. Dogs, onthe other hand.....................Grrrrrrr
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
baja said:
Quote:
ya we all nee shoulder launch weapons, and machine guns, and tanks. throw in a few nice grenades with biological chemical or nuclear potential. the real state of the art. That is also how we should be hunting...

Just more silliness. I think our government has already put limits on what the public can use for self defense, hunting, competition and recreation when it comes to weapons. If I was involved in any of the above, I would choose a state of the art firearm and not a spear.

Maybe in Baja, Mexico, a spear is the only legal choice.

well so you agree the second amendment does have limitations. So if looking at what the founders intended, they certainly did not envision virtually any weapon made in today's time.

again you are such a whimp to not be able to hunt with a bow and arrow... or flint gun. same with defending, it worked well for them and mankind for thousands of years.

Many countries are only allowed spears per se... and their death/murder rates are way lower than ours. BTW you may be just an idiot but yes in Mexico you can get permits to carry guns. I know two people that have them. My neighbor use to have bodyguards with short machine guns. And a friend who is just a private citizen. I have no idea what it takes to get the permit. Just shows how stupid gun owners really are about guns worldwide, even your neighbors. you second class silly idiot.

techno900

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja said:
Quote:
I have no idea what it takes to get the permit.

You live in Mexico and don't know how to grease the wheels?

Give me a break.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, a 7-1 decision blocking the Louisiana anti-abortion restrictions. I doubt that evangelicals and those in thrall to them will recognize the vast amount of tax money they have wasted trying to implement and defend restrictions that are clearly beyond the scope of Roe v. Wade.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court in a victory for abortion-rights advocates has blocked Louisiana from enforcing a law that they said would have left the state with only one doctor licensed to perform the procedure.

The justices, by a 7-1 vote, issued a brief order that restores an earlier judicial ban on enforcing the 2014 law.

The court's order is a good sign for abortion-rights groups in Louisiana and nationwide.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Hmm, a 7-1 decision blocking the Louisiana anti-abortion restrictions. I doubt that evangelicals and those in thrall to them will recognize the vast amount of tax money they have wasted trying to implement and defend restrictions that are clearly beyond the scope of Roe v. Wade.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court in a victory for abortion-rights advocates has blocked Louisiana from enforcing a law that they said would have left the state with only one doctor licensed to perform the procedure.

The justices, by a 7-1 vote, issued a brief order that restores an earlier judicial ban on enforcing the 2014 law.

The court's order is a good sign for abortion-rights groups in Louisiana and nationwide.

the state of Louisiana under right wing idiot Jindal is bankrupt so severely they are trying to figure out how to keep their hospitals open, and how to even have a state football team in the next year. Appears the universities may close for a quarter. Great job right wingers and Jindal. yep good thing you spent so much time and money on your illegal unconstitutional fight to the supreme court.

source msnbc maddow show special on how broke L is. New gov gave a primetime emergency speech. Gee where is that media putting that front page. when he Jin-stupid took office there was a surplus...

http://www.thenation.com/article/bobby-jindal-broke-louisiana/
Quote:

What went wrong? In sum, Jindal made Louisiana the test site for an experiment in socially conservative, pro-corporate governance that wound up wrecking the state so badly it can’t be ignored. After inheriting a $1 billion budget surplus, Jindal has taken Louisiana to a $1.6 billion deficit. The state is broke enough that conservative legislators are rebelling against his slavish adherence to the anti-tax pledge he made to Grover Norquist.

Here are a few other black marks on Jindal’s uniquely disastrous record:

Corporate Welfare: Louisiana loses $300,000 every time the A&E show Duck Dynasty films an episode. The state once gave an oil refiner $10 million to create 43 jobs. All in all, Louisiana directs over $1.1 billion in taxpayer money to business incentives—more than double the cost when Jindal took office. As the Advocate reported last year, these giveaways have deepened rather than alleviated the state’s economic woes.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/how-bobby-jindal-wrecked-louisiana/

Last edited by real-human on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But not completely crazy:

T
Quote:
he U.S. Supreme Court overturned an Alabama court order that had prohibited a lesbian from having contact with the three children she adopted and helped raise in neighboring Georgia while in a long-term relationship with their biological mother.

The 6-2 ruling reinforces gay rights less than a year after the court legalized same-sex marriage across the country. The justices didn’t hear arguments in the case, instead summarily reversing the Alabama Supreme Court.

Yet another slap at the lunatic chief justice in Alabama. It is time to remember Nina Simone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVQjGGJVSXc

and then for a more uplifting approach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI-ezEtJ_-s

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ALLTOP-ALLWWCUR-AMLEGAL-BBCHTO/2016/03/07/id/717825/#ixzz42FscssBq
Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow the right wing are cutting and running when the SC is 4 4. americans just in this case have now received close to a billion dollars... so how much money have they paid in Lobbying and to get right wingers elected...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/dow-chemical-settles-lawsuit-citing-supreme-court-position-after-scalias-death-1456491317

Scalia’s Supreme Court Vacancy Could Leave Companies at a Loss

Quote:
Dow Chemical settles a lawsuit for $835 million, saying the conservative justice’s death hurt its chances of success at appeal

By JOSHUA JAMERSON and BRENT KENDALL
Updated Feb. 26, 2016 8:45 p.m. ET
The death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia has cast a cloud over the outcome of class-action lawsuits that target businesses, leading Dow Chemical Co. to pay $835 million to settle a case rather than risk an appeal without the conservative justice.

Dow Chemical’s decision is a signal of worry among businesses with cases before the hig

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trump really wants to change the supreme court to be much more than activists, he wants them to be the executive branch too. Doesn't he know there are three branches of government?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-stumbles-supreme-court-basics?cid=eml_mra_20160331
Quote:

Running for president is incredibly difficult, but like most tasks, it’s one of those things that people get better at over time. It’s a cliche, but practice makes perfect – the more a candidate spends time on the trail, fielding questions, talking about their priorities, learning details about a broad range of issues, etc., the more they learn how to be good at the task at hand.

At least, that’s usually how it works.

Mother Jones’ Kevin Drum posed a question yesterday that’s quite relevant: “I know that mocking Trump for his policy ignorance is sort of boring. I mean, what else is new? But is it possible that he’s actually getting dumber over time?”

Kevin was making a point about something Trump said on Tuesday, but the Republican’s comments yesterday about the Supreme Court also bolster the thesis. Politico noted, for example, Trump’s plan for the next high-court justice.

“Well, I’d probably appoint people that would look very seriously at her email disaster because it’s a criminal activity, and I would appoint people that would look very seriously at that to start off with,” Trump said in a phone interview with ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

Regardless of whether or not you consider Clinton’s email server management important, Trump’s rhetoric was nonsense. Supreme Court justices are not responsible for evaluating controversies surrounding politicians. It’s just not in their job description – it’s not how the court works. Trump seems to believe jurists on the nation’s highest court play some kind of prosecutorial role, which is a failure of Civics 101.

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
baja said:
Quote:
I have no idea what it takes to get the permit.

You live in Mexico and don't know how to grease the wheels?

Give me a break.

La Mordida. (Hint: that's not Chinese or German.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 9 of 27

Jump to: