myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Culture wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Incidentally, for those who do not look at life through an Irish mist, the I.R.A. have recently be up to their old murderous ways, despite the supposed peaceful settlement, and power sharing. It's a serious rift.

I have no doubt the bigot will somehow construe this also as being entirelyl the fault of the wicked sadistic Brits!

What's that about Irish eyes a smiling?

I prefer to look at life through a glass of Irish Whiskey. Very Happy
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
xenophobic, uninformed and proud of it. Those of you whose ancestors came from Ireland, Italy, Hungary, China, etc. should be ashamed.

While I don't know the answer, I wonder what threat the refugees from the above mentioned countries could have imposed on the US, or other countries that opened their doors?

I wonder how many refugees would be too many for the US to accept, according to Mac? Should the doors always be open with no limits?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I wonder what threat the refugees from the above mentioned countries could have imposed on the US

Simple: organized and/or spontaneous terrorist pipeline, regardless of the country they say they're coming from.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
mac said:
Quote:
xenophobic, uninformed and proud of it. Those of you whose ancestors came from Ireland, Italy, Hungary, China, etc. should be ashamed.

While I don't know the answer, I wonder what threat the refugees from the above mentioned countries could have imposed on the US, or other countries that opened their doors?

I wonder how many refugees would be too many for the US to accept, according to Mac? Should the doors always be open with no limits?

Of course they should, they should stay open until all those people that have no interest in ISIS, or civil war, are all out of there. Empty, only ISIS and their bitches remain, ISIS will be happy, satisfied, and will no longer feel the need to take over another country, or conquer any other religion. Their caliphate will be complete, and peace will reign throughout the region, hell the entire world!
See how it works? Quite simple really.
And I've got a bridge for sale.

Have to take care of the source of the problem, not just the aftermath, otherwise country after country will be eaten alive, or burned alive. This is an example of leading from behind, not thinking clearly of what's ahead.

mac, often you floor me, but trying to say what's happening now is the same as our ancestor's migration, good grief, and I'm sure there isn't a single jihadist among those refugees either, not one.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Are you aware that more Muslims are entering the U.S. than Mexicans?"

What's your source for the above statement? One has to assume that any real record of Muslims entering the US must be based on legal immigration, and not illegal immigration. Moreover, do you think that the Dept. of Homeland Security isn't mindful of the credentials and specific details of those entering the country legally. If the truth be told, legal Muslim immigrants are probably watched and monitored very closely, and that would be particularly true of Muslim visitors coming to the US on travel visas.

Again, regarding the video, other than the obvious visuals, not very much is clear. What are the women saying, and what was the real nature of the event? Anyone crashing an event in an untoward way is going feel the pressure of event security, and probably others that could be offended by protester's stunt. That doesn't warrant undue brutality though. I trust that police authorities would be brought in if that occurred, and responsible media would be all over it. We are talking about France here and not some backward area where ISIS is in control.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The department of Homeland security is run by a bunch of idiots SWC. The whole administration is run by fools. They are not checking anybody coming into our country. How do you check the soul of millions of people?

GT is correct in his words. We are losing our culture.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repeat, xenophobic and proud. Thus, the popularity of Trump. The Copperheads are reborn. Too many rocks have been turned over, and the slugs are on the march.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, you've got to be kidding me. What in the hell do you really know?

I asked you a simple question about what you claimed, and you offered what? Hateful comments about the Obama Administration and the Dept. of Homeland Security that are totally devoid any credible substance. Do you feel the same way about the FBI and the role they play in our security?

The one thing is really clear from your comments is that you are very fearful of Muslims and their culture. I'll be honest with you, I don't trust Christians or Muslims, but I don't fear for our culture here in America. That's because here in the US our Constitution ensures that there is a clear legal separation between church and state. Still though religious folks are always ready to eat away at our freedoms, and that why I don't trust any of them. There is no freedom in religion. You would be wise to recognize that, because it's absolutely true. Fortunately, there are a lot of folks like me in this country, and we're always ready to call religious BS.
LHDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, I'm not sure whether concern about significant numbers of Muslims entering European countries is xenophobic or can be morally acceptable.

Is it xenophobic or morally acceptable when the Hungarian Prime minister is concerned about preserving the Hungarian way of life, as GT pointed out? Islam, at its current stage, has a strong ambition to influence politics and public behavior. To keep religion private and out of politics, as seems common in Europe, may be impossible given some of the projected numbers of Europe's current residents compared to new Muslim immigrants.

You mentioned US ancestors coming from Ireland, Italy, Hungary etc. Immigration from Europe certainly turned out to be devastating for the native American population and pretty much wiped out their way of life. Is it far fetched to wonder if something similar may happen in Europe?
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I repeat, xenophobic and proud. Thus, the popularity of Trump. The Copperheads are reborn. Too many rocks have been turned over, and the slugs are on the march.
The bar is closing mac, last rounds, you can have your last drink on me, be careful finding your way home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: