myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 946, 947, 948 ... 978, 979, 980  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 7258
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

China is used to it.. We are not. 70% of our economy is consumption driven , we depend on consistent predictable policy and prices ...Secondly , we agree on Chinas misdeeds, it’s the ridiculous ineffective , destructive 1930’s policy that is being deployed with terrible results ..Just today , the protectionist in chief bragged about the billions we are receiving in tariffs.. US importers are paying those tabs.. GDP is down into the sub 2% zone, debt is skyrocketing , if we don’t change course, it will end badly and we’ll get Lizzy in the White House which would be a disaster..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 5784
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting take, it sounds like you'd like Trump to succeed, but by doing it differently because you don't like the dem candidates.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vientomas



Joined: 25 Apr 2000
Posts: 767

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
vientomas wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Matty...we got a big bump from Election Day TIL end of 2017.. Lower tax rate for corps was a huge boon for earnings and buybacks .. Since the start of 2018 it’s been a shitstorm in distress with self inflicted idiocy almost daily .. Chairman Xi has now made Trump his impotent gimp, and it’s getting worse ...The economy is slowing and the tweets are coming fast and furious ..Let’s see if the worlds worst negotiator can reverse or change course ...As long as the Keystone Cops: Kudlow, Mnuchin, and the dangerous Navarro are in the idiots ear, I doubt any good will take place..


Here is my take. The Chinese are looking at the long game. Put enough stress on the economy and Trump is gone in the next election. The new President acts as a rational human being and things get straightened out. I think the Chinese under their regime are much more suited to a long term economic battle than is the US and will absorb the financial pain for the long term goal. Much more so than a knee jerk, twitter finger d-bag with orange hair.


You apparently have no morals. They steal our intellectual property, manipulate currency, pollute our planet, harvest organs from living prisoners, have millions in forced labor camps because of their religious beliefs, have child labor, and murder their citizens.

SO YOU HAVE NO MORALS DUDE. NONE. Trump is the only president with balls enough to cut them off at the knees. But don't worry, when Biden is in we'll get right back to business so your iPhone will cost $25 less.


I don't want Biden and I don't own any Apple products. I'm not condoning the Chinese tactics, merely stating my opinion on their strategy. Too bad you are unable to engage in a dispassionate discussion. Your emotion clouds your thinking, what little there is. If anyone is without morals, it's Trump. How many employees and contractors has he screwed? When Trump does it, you say he is being a smart business man, when China does it, you want to nuke them. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 12667
Location: Berkeley, California

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst president ever.

Quote:
By George F. Will
Columnist
August 23
In a trade war, as in a real one, people are wounded by friendly fire from their side. Consider some casualties in President Trump’s “easy to win” — his promise — trade war. Begin with the company whose green machines bear the name of the blacksmith who, in the 1830s in Grand Detour, Ill., invented a self-scouring plow that could turn the Midwest’s heavy black topsoil.

Is John Deere “tired of winning,” as Trump promised that all Americans soon would be? Not exactly. The Wall Street Journal reports that U.S. farmers are buying fewer farm machines — Deere & Co.’s profits from this business are down 24 percent from a year ago — partly because farmers’ incomes have suffered as a result of the tit-for-tat trade spat that Trump started with China, which has included China canceling the purchase of almost 500,000 metric tons of soybeans. Some good news for John Deere might be ominous news for U.S. farmers: Equipment sales to Brazil and Argentina are up, perhaps partly because China has increased purchases from those nations’ farmers, who are U.S. farmers’ competitors.

Nowadays, even sensible government actions injure some farmers. Many of them have come to depend on government’s misguided mandate regarding ethanol in gasoline, and the Journal reports that 31 refineries have been given ethanol waivers from the Environmental Protection Agency. The Iowa Corn Growers Association says the exemptions could eliminate “nearly 1 billion bushels of corn demand.” Whether ethanol would have achieved sacramental status in Washington if Iowa did not have presidential caucuses is a subject for another day.


Republicans used to have confidence in market forces. But they also used to understand them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 10714
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:




Correct, but they don't care about their people..

PS, China Emits More Carbon Dioxide Than The U.S. and EU Combined

“China is not safe for foreigners,” warned Gordon Chang, Daily Beast columnist, expert on China, and author of The Coming Collapse of China, in a Friday interview on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Tonight with host Rebecca Mansour and special guest host Rick Manning.

China arrests foreign nationals to use as hostages in pursuit of its geopolitical aims, said Chang, highlighting China’s detentions of Canadians Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor.


You emit more stench and CO2 than the average person in China....

Russia/Putin your hero attacked our election kills anyone who talks, invades countries, and even sends radioactive waste all over the world in a war andis your buddy.


added
do you know how much in military spending it costs us because of russias actions around the world. Tramp has just made China to be a military threat with his hate talk. China use to be a safe place to visit, and so was Russia many years ago. Trump has made both of them clear and present dangers.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalibuGuru



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 8424

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
real-human wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:




Correct, but they don't care about their people..

PS, China Emits More Carbon Dioxide Than The U.S. and EU Combined

“China is not safe for foreigners,” warned Gordon Chang, Daily Beast columnist, expert on China, and author of The Coming Collapse of China, in a Friday interview on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Tonight with host Rebecca Mansour and special guest host Rick Manning.

China arrests foreign nationals to use as hostages in pursuit of its geopolitical aims, said Chang, highlighting China’s detentions of Canadians Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor.


You emit more stench and CO2 than the average person in China....

Russia/Putin your hero attacked our election kills anyone who talks, invades countries, and even sends radioactive waste all over the world in a war andis your buddy.


added
do you know how much in military spending it costs us because of russias actions around the world. Tramp has just made China to be a military threat with his hate talk. China use to be a safe place to visit, and so was Russia many years ago. Trump has made both of them clear and present dangers.


Russia is only 10% the size of China. They have no effect on anything except tu cabeza tonta.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 7258
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
That's an interesting take, it sounds like you'd like Trump to succeed, but by doing it differently because you don't like the dem candidates.


When Chuck Schumer is standing up and cheering, you know you’re doing something wrong .. I think Trump is lazy and naive , so the tariff is his tool .. Peter Navarro hates China to the core , so he would love to see the relationship and partnership crumble — so he has nothing to lose ..Liz Warren would obliterate my industry and I think she wins the nomination .. So put it all together and you have a really ugly scenario brewing ..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 10714
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
real-human wrote:
real-human wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:




Correct, but they don't care about their people..

PS, China Emits More Carbon Dioxide Than The U.S. and EU Combined

“China is not safe for foreigners,” warned Gordon Chang, Daily Beast columnist, expert on China, and author of The Coming Collapse of China, in a Friday interview on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Tonight with host Rebecca Mansour and special guest host Rick Manning.

China arrests foreign nationals to use as hostages in pursuit of its geopolitical aims, said Chang, highlighting China’s detentions of Canadians Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor.


You emit more stench and CO2 than the average person in China....

Russia/Putin your hero attacked our election kills anyone who talks, invades countries, and even sends radioactive waste all over the world in a war andis your buddy.


added
do you know how much in military spending it costs us because of russias actions around the world. Tramp has just made China to be a military threat with his hate talk. China use to be a safe place to visit, and so was Russia many years ago. Trump has made both of them clear and present dangers.


Russia is only 10% the size of China. They have no effect on anything except tu cabeza tonta.


you are about the most deranged person and even more deranged than trump.

moron russia when the wall fell co-operated with us to dismantle and remove what about 9/10th of their respective nukes, that alone shows the emphasis that russia had in our spending till the wall fell. we have had troops in Europe only because of them. we have had issues with central and south america for how many years because of them not the chinese. Same with the middle east.

why do you even post such stupidity? Did you even get a jr high diploma or did sugar daddy buy you one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_of_the_United_States

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalibuGuru



Joined: 11 Nov 1993
Posts: 8424

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
That's an interesting take, it sounds like you'd like Trump to succeed, but by doing it differently because you don't like the dem candidates.


When Chuck Schumer is standing up and cheering, you know you’re doing something wrong .. I think Trump is lazy and naive , so the tariff is his tool .. Peter Navarro hates China to the core , so he would love to see the relationship and partnership crumble — so he has nothing to lose ..Liz Warren would obliterate my industry and I think she wins the nomination .. So put it all together and you have a really ugly scenario brewing ..


Imports from China are only 2.7% of our GDP. Exports to China are less than 1% of our GPD. We shouldn't even fuss about shutting them down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 10714
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
That's an interesting take, it sounds like you'd like Trump to succeed, but by doing it differently because you don't like the dem candidates.


When Chuck Schumer is standing up and cheering, you know you’re doing something wrong .. I think Trump is lazy and naive , so the tariff is his tool .. Peter Navarro hates China to the core , so he would love to see the relationship and partnership crumble — so he has nothing to lose ..Liz Warren would obliterate my industry and I think she wins the nomination .. So put it all together and you have a really ugly scenario brewing ..


Imports from China are only 2.7% of our GDP. Exports to China are less than 1% of our GPD. We shouldn't even fuss about shutting them down.


say goodby to walmart, target, also damage to home depot with your MO, all are uber right wing. Isn't walmart the largest private employer in the USA, world.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 946, 947, 948 ... 978, 979, 980  Next
Page 947 of 980

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group