myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1301, 1302, 1303 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
DOW 30,000
Janet Yellen returning
Trump FINISHED
Pinch me Very Happy

Mr. G...we debated Biden's ability to put together a good team. Well, in my view the Treasury Secretary is critical, and Janet Yellen is an A+ pick.

Of course Agent Orange had a 1 minute press conference where he took credit for the market highs.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just barely under 80 million votes for Biden. Won by more than 6 million votes. Go home loser.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holiday reminder from First Family

https://youtu.be/DTabCakEfVQ
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! I must have forgotten to use the quote function! Strange how no-one felt compelled to respond to this comment when it came from their own camp. But thanks for playing.

coboardhead wrote:
This man represents everything in my life that I have tried not to be. He cannot, possibly, represent me and we have a representative democracy. I will spend the next 4 years apologizing for him
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Oh no! I must have forgotten to use the quote function! Strange how no-one felt compelled to respond to this comment when it came from their own camp. But thanks for playing.

coboardhead wrote:
This man represents everything in my life that I have tried not to be. He cannot, possibly, represent me and we have a representative democracy. I will spend the next 4 years apologizing for him

Ummm. This is a political forum. You disagreed with my opinion of
Trump and I disagree with your opinion of Biden. Is that, somehow, confusing to you?
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:
mac wrote:
I can't possibly underestimate how vindictive Trump is, he has shattered every norm and broken every law he could. I'm pretty sure he fears losing his tax case and being prosecuted for tax and business fraud in New York and will move to Florida. The pandemic has hammered his businesses, which are concentrated in the hospitality and business office arena, which have been substantially devalued by the pandemic. He has over $400 million in loans due, and while he could have covered that before the pandemic, this is the worst imaginable time to sell such assets if required. He is embarrassed--both in having lost, and in having his failures in business and relatively modest wealth among oligarch's exposed. His standard response, from being ignored by his father on, is to cheat and lash out. I expect an avalanche of pardons--and I expect him to sell them. Just for starters.

The a-hole has another 2 months to go but lets start a list.

Esper
https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-donald-trump-ap-top-news-elections-mark-esper-58adf1d272afe333562c54daba541e84

Krebs
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/17/chris-krebs-trump-fired-cybersecurity-voter-fraud-claims

Pardons Flynn but it is really more a dig at Mueller!
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating article about master builder Mark Ellison in the November 30 New Yorker. I found this particularly incisive.

Quote:
A mid-century building may be the most reliable, but watch out for those built after 1970. Construction was a free-for-all in the eighties. The crews and work sites were often run by the Mafia. “If you wanted to pass your job inspection, a guy would call from a pay phone and you’d walk down with an envelope of two hundred and fifty dollars,” Ellison recalls. New buildings can be just as bad. In the luxury apartment house in Gramercy Park where Karl Lagerfeld owned a unit, the façade leaked so badly that some of the floors rippled like potato chips. But the very worst, in Ellison’s experience, was Trump Tower. In an apartment he renovated there, the windows howled and had no weather stripping, and the electrical circuits seemed patched together with extension-cord wire. The floors were so out of level, he told me, you could drop a marble and watch it roll.

How people can ignore the evidence of a life of cheating amazes me.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Opinion by
Catherine Rampell
Columnist
November 25, 2020 at 3:52 p.m. PST
Add to list
As covid-19 hospitalizations hit another new high on Tuesday, President Trump called a news conference to boast about a different record: the stock market.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average, he crowed, had just pierced 30,000. “That’s a sacred number, 30,000,” he said.

It was a bizarre statement even for Trump. After all, Trump has argued for years that any stock market gains that occur after a presidential election should be credited to the new president-elect, not the guy on his way out the door. In reality, neither presidents nor presidents-elect control stock markets, of course; but even if Trump did unilaterally control equity prices, and even if he had done so for the entire duration of his presidency, his record would still pale in comparison with his predecessor’s.

More important, 30,000 hardly seems like a “sacred number" — or a particularly significant one, in the context of this administration’s overall record. Here is a compendium of more memorable metrics that should forever be linked with the Trump legacy:

261,000 (and growing): If anything is “sacred,” it is human life. This number is the minimum tally of U.S. lives lost to the novel coronavirus as of Wednesday night. By the time Trump leaves office it will be higher. Even by Thanksgiving morning, it will be higher.

$750: The amount Trump reportedly paid in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. He paid the same amount his first year in the White House, too.

14.7 percent: The unemployment rate in April 2020. Also the highest unemployment rate on record since modern statistics on joblessness began in 1948 and likely the highest rate since the Great Depression.

$421 million: The amount of loans and other debts for which Trump is personally responsible, with most of it reportedly coming due within four years — that is, a period when Trump had hoped to serve his second presidential term.

100.1 percent: Federal debt held by the public as a share of gross domestic product, in the fiscal year that recently ended, according to the Congressional Budget Office. The last time this measure exceeded 100 percent was just after World War II.

$1.9 trillion: The 10-year cost of Trump’s 2017 tax cut. (This is “dynamic” cost — that is, it accounts for the effects of economic growth.) This contributes to the debt number above.

$130,000: The amount Trump paid an adult-film actress with whom he had an affair; this bought her silence ahead of the 2016 election.

26: The number of women who have publicly accused Trump of sexual misconduct.

26 million: The number of American adults who reported that their household didn’t have enough to eat just ahead of Election Day.

Eight: The number of Trump associates to date charged with or convicted of criminal offenses. The former aides and advisers are: onetime 2016 campaign chairman Paul Manafort; 2016 deputy campaign chair Rick Gates; former national security adviser Michael Flynn, whom Trump pardoned Wednesday; foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos; informal Trump foreign policy adviser George Nader; political adviser Roger Stone; personal attorney Michael Cohen; and strategist Stephen K. Bannon.

666: The number of separated migrant children whose parents still have not been found, because the Trump administration didn’t keep sufficient records.

23,035: The number of false or misleading claims Trump had made as of mid-September, according to the Washington Post Fact Checker team. Presumably that number will continue to grow during Trump’s final weeks in office.

$3: The amount that Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club charged taxpayers for a glass of water served to Trump.

289: The number of times Trump visited a golf course while president. So far.

15: The number of times that people have to flush their toilet, according to Trump. (Why he made this claim on the campaign trail I do not know.)

One: The number of viewers Trump officials sought to reach during their TV appearances (the infamous “audience of one”).

AD

49 percent: The peak share of Americans who said they approved of Trump’s performance as president, according to Gallup.

306: The number of electoral college votes Trump won in 2016, which he called a “landslide.”

306: The number of electoral college votes Joe Biden won in 2020.

nw30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Trump leaves office this thread will go on and on, there are enough serious Trump haters here, that they won't be able to get over him for years if ever.
One of these days, in the distant future, you liberal Trump haters will have to get a life, but I know better than to try to hold my breath.
Do I find that "sad" as mac loves to say? Oh hell no, haters have shorter life spans, it good for the gene pool.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll get over Trump in a shorter time than you have Hillary....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1301, 1302, 1303 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next
Page 1302 of 1354

Jump to: