myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1166, 1167, 1168 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Letting the world know that a war ship in hostile water is compromised is not smart...

The captain was well intentioned but absolutly went about it the wrong way..

I agree with the first comment, but what was the right way?

Driving his ship out of hostile water before calling MSDNC?

Let 'em die for no valid reason?

Saluting and shutting up?

Medevaccing any diagnosed sailors?

Asking his ultimate commander, the POTUS, which was more vital to the U.S. right now ... performing his strategic mission or minimizing his troop losses?

Recusing himself and putting his XO in command?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that some of the MSDNC puppets here blame the federal government for the many STATE governments who refused to stockpile pandemic emergency supplies when so directed decades, years, and months ago. i.e., it's not the federal government's responsibility; it's all 50 governors'.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can hope. https://www.facebook.com/carmen.gonzalez.3720/videos/2553931281379496/
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grifter in chief.

https://www.newsweek.com/michael-cohen-donald-trump-novartis-twitter-covid-19-1496291
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More lies from the narcissist who can't grasp the material in a briefing.

Quote:
By
Glenn Kessler
April 7, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. PDT

“I cut off China very early. And if I didn’t, we would have a chart that you wouldn’t believe. So how would I know to do that? How would I know to cut off Europe? I cut off Europe very early. I mean, you have to make a decision. People knew that some bad things were going on, and they got off to a late start. And some others got off to a late start also. But we cut off China. If we didn’t cut off China, we would have been in some big trouble. And we cut it off.”

— President Trump, remarks at a news conference, April 2, 2020

President Trump regularly pats himself on the back for announcing travel restrictions on China as the novel coronavirus emerged in January. Before the caseload in the United States exploded, Trump attributed what he considered a small number of cases to that decision. Even as deaths from covid-19 in the United States started to soar, he said he saved lives by imposing what he calls a “ban” on China.

“We’re the ones that gave the great response, and we’re the ones that kept China out of here,” Trump said on March 25. “And if I didn’t do it, you’d have thousands and thousands of people died — who would’ve died — that are now living and happy.”

The World Health Organization has cautioned against such travel restrictions, saying they are ineffective against a virus and in the long run counterproductive. Trump, according to news reports, was initially skeptical and worried about provoking China after signing a major trade deal. But his national security and public health experts convinced him that the move would buy time to put in place effective prevention and testing measures. (The government then bungled the testing rollout, but that’s another story.)

In Trump’s telling, he took bold action, ahead of others. “When I did China, it had never been done before,” he said. “I was the first one to do it."

Not quite. Here’s what the record shows.

The Facts
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Jan. 21 announced the first travel-related case of novel coronavirus in the United States. Trump unveiled his plan 10 days later, making the restrictions effective Feb. 2. (On Jan. 17, the CDC had begun health screenings of passengers on direct or connecting flights from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the outbreak.)

Trump barred non-U.S. citizens from traveling from China, but there were 11 exceptions, and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan were not included. U.S. citizens and permanent residents could still travel from China but were subject to screening and possible 14-day quarantine. Some flights were immediately suspended, but others continued for weeks, at the discretion of the airlines.

Some analysts at the time predicted that Trump’s action would be ineffective at preventing the virus from taking hold in the United States.

All of the evidence we have indicates that travel restrictions and quarantines directed at individual countries are unlikely to keep the virus out of our borders,” said Jennifer Nuzzo, associate professor and senior scholar at Johns Hopkins University’s Center for Health Security, at a congressional hearing Feb. 5.

“We don’t have a travel ban; we have a travel Band-Aid right now,” said Ron Klain, the Ebola “czar” during the Obama administration, at the same hearing. He added that monitoring everyone carefully “is the only practical thing we can do.”

The New York Times calculated that at least 430,000 people arrived in the United States on direct flights from China since Jan. 1, including nearly 40,000 in the two months after Trump imposed restrictions. Moreover, screening proceedings of travelers from China have been uneven and inconsistent, the Times said.

In any case, the United States certainly was not the first country — by a long shot. We reviewed a list of country actions maintained by the Council on Foreign Relations and cross-checked with official announcements. Six countries imposed travel restrictions even before the World Health Organization declared a global health emergency on Jan. 30. Another six announced travel restrictions that same day, followed by 11 countries (besides the United States) announcing restrictions Jan. 31.

But most countries imposed the restrictions immediately. By the time Trump’s restrictions took effect Feb. 2, an additional 15 countries had taken similar actions — and in some cases enacted even tougher bans. But in any case, that adds up to 38 countries taking action before or at the same time the U.S. restrictions were put in place.

In making this analysis, we included countries that banned travel, barred noncitizens or canceled all flights from China. We did not include 12 countries, such as Japan, that took some sort of action before the United States but with measures that were not as sweeping. Japan, for instance, barred travelers from certain regions of China, not the entire country. Some other countries, such Bangladesh and Myanmar, simply suspended visas on demand for travelers from China.

The earliest action was taken by Singapore on Jan. 23, canceling all flights from Wuhan, but the first country to impose a travel ban was the Marshall Islands on Jan. 24. It was tougher than the eventual U.S. action: No one could enter the country less than 14 days after visiting China, not even citizens.

The United States, however, does stand out among its peer nations in the Group of 20, the world’s financial powers. (The G-20 is composed of 19 countries, including China, and the European Union.)

Only Italy and Australia preceded the United States in imposing travel restrictions — though they were announced the same day — while India and Indonesia also imposed restrictions effective Feb. 2. Saudi Arabia and Turkey followed within days, as well as South Korea with a ban on travel from Hubei province. Russia imposed a rolling series of bans by Feb. 20 and, as noted, Japan took smaller steps early on but did not have a full ban on foreign nationals until April 3. South Africa on March 18 imposed a ban on foreigners who had visited high-risk countries such as China. Seven G-20 members, including the United Kingdom, Canada and France, took no steps to block travel from China.

The White House said this is the context in which the president’s statements should be viewed.

“President Trump asserted global leadership by making the U.S. the first major economic power to announce restrictions on foreign nationals traveling from China,” a senior administration official said. “The President’s swift decision came only one day after the World Health Organization declared novel coronavirus outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. The President’s decisiveness paved the way for other nations to follow suit, saving countless lives around the world.”

Italy, which is also a member of the more powerful Group of Seven and the world’s eighth-largest economy, banned all flights to and from China on Jan. 31 but did not single out noncitizens. Australia, the 14th-largest economy, imposed an entry ban on all foreign nationals who have left or transited through mainland China, effective Feb. 1.

Trump’s action certainly caught the attention of China’s Foreign Ministry. “The U.S. government hasn’t provided any substantive assistance to us, but it was the first to evacuate personnel from its consulate in Wuhan, the first to suggest partial withdrawal of its embassy staff, and the first to impose a travel ban on Chinese travelers,” said Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying on Feb. 3. “What it has done could only create and spread fear, which is a very bad example.”
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the other side of the travel ban story:

Quote:
House and Senate Democrats are responding to the coronavirus outbreak in the United States by supporting measures to effectively strip President Trump of his authority to impose travel bans to protect American citizens.

While Trump has implemented travel bans on China and Iran — two of the most coronavirus-affected nations in the world — House Democrats are looking to roll back the president’s authority to enact travel bans from regions of the world.

The “No Ban Act,” introduced by Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA) and co-sponsored by 219 House Democrats, would have prevented Trump from immediately implementing a travel ban on China once the outbreak of the coronavirus spread past its origins of Wuhan.

Instead, the No Ban Act would have allowed travelers from Wuhan to continue to arrive in the U.S. while the president received guidance from Congress.

“This bill imposes limitations on the President’s authority to suspend or restrict aliens from entering the United States and terminates certain presidential actions implementing such restrictions,” a summary of the legislation reads.

The effort to end America’s ability to implement travel bans comes as the number of coronavirus cases hits 1,107 nationwide, including 32 deaths.
Democrats’ fight to keep U.S. borders open to the world during the spread of the coronavirus was echoed by 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) this week when he explicitly said he would not close America’s borders to protect Americans from the coronavirus.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/11/democrat-response-to-coronavirus-end-trumps-travel-bans-on-china-iran/
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Don't forget the other side of the travel ban story:

Quote:
House and Senate Democrats are responding to the coronavirus outbreak in the United States by supporting measures to effectively strip President Trump of his authority to impose travel bans to protect American citizens.

While Trump has implemented travel bans on China and Iran — two of the most coronavirus-affected nations in the world — House Democrats are looking to roll back the president’s authority to enact travel bans from regions of the world.

The “No Ban Act,” introduced by Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA) and co-sponsored by 219 House Democrats, would have prevented Trump from immediately implementing a travel ban on China once the outbreak of the coronavirus spread past its origins of Wuhan.

Instead, the No Ban Act would have allowed travelers from Wuhan to continue to arrive in the U.S. while the president received guidance from Congress.

“This bill imposes limitations on the President’s authority to suspend or restrict aliens from entering the United States and terminates certain presidential actions implementing such restrictions,” a summary of the legislation reads.

The effort to end America’s ability to implement travel bans comes as the number of coronavirus cases hits 1,107 nationwide, including 32 deaths.
Democrats’ fight to keep U.S. borders open to the world during the spread of the coronavirus was echoed by 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) this week when he explicitly said he would not close America’s borders to protect Americans from the coronavirus.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/11/democrat-response-to-coronavirus-end-trumps-travel-bans-on-china-iran/

When you can't scare yourself enough, get Breitbart to help.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is far too much BS published here and in the print and broadcast media about what Trump, Fauci, and the rest of his CV team have said or not said to debate or even just list specifics here. Even in the handful of posters I can still see here and the minutes of left wing media I choke down each day, I see endless questions, accusations, and interpretations that can be and have been resolved and/or disproved by one simple act: Do You Own Damned Homework. i.e., actually WATCH THE DAMNED CV team PRESSERS in their entirety, in full context, replete with facial and tonal inflection ... that is, if you're interested in what was ACTUALLY said and meant. Even Fox's highly regarded retired hard news icon Brit Hume got taken by some clearly false rumors about what Trump is accused of saying.

Sure, the CV team pressers are on for 90-120 minutes 7 days a week, but they pretty much prove what hate-blinded asses the Left machine are. Find your own preferred media that carries the pressers in their entirety, without commercial or commentary interruption, and learn some facts first hand. Sound and print bites can too easily be distorted.

Or do live, unfiltered facts scare you that much?

Someone recently asked why our lockdowns are increasing even after CV may have peaked. Some misinformed people claim Trump has been playing doctor and giving medical advice contrary to what Dr. Fauci has said. Some people have claimed that Trump contradicts, censors, and/or ridicules his team members. Others, due to their complete ignorance of any POTUS's primary obligations, claim without ANY evidence beyond their own damned blind hatred that these pressers are just campaign speeches.

Schumer, for example, keeps demanding that the president should have some military people running the CV effort ... completely unaware that much, probably MOST, of the CV effort IS managed by the best specialized minds in the U.S. military, many or most of whom are unsurpassed in the civilian sector.

Many of you would be surprised to learn how many multi-billion-dollar Pentagon projects are managed, usually successfully, by lieutenants in their early 20s; you can't even imagine the responsibilities levied on captains and majors, nor can you comprehend the breadth, depth, and complexity of the knowledge and ability of those junior officers who rise to the general officer -- i.e., the men and women with one to four stars on each shoulder -- level. I've personally seen many such officers (and one civil servant in a similar position) EARN ten times more pay with much lesser responsibility after ... sometimes before ... retiring. Even Jim Acosta sheepishly admitted after his OBVIOUSLY first direct participation in a CV presser that "Trump gets it."

Try it. I dare you. Get your information live, from an original source, in full context, through no filters YOU don't impose, for the first time in your lives. That, or keep watching football reruns until CV and lockdowns are history. I feel sorry for people who blindly trust any media or the government to fully inform or manage their lives. If I had done that, I'd literally be dead and buried already, following years in a wheelchair, instead of arguing with puppets and figuring out how to go WSing without endangering me or anyone else. Instead, after all the government-approved treatments left me no choice but imminent death years ago, I researched and pursued contrarian medicine that has prolonged my and many other lives by years to decades.

THAT'S ALL TRUMP HAS SUGGESTED FOR HYDROXYQUINOLINE.

Spare us your "You're a racist", or your "Yeah, yeah, but a lieutenant once screwed up a contract", or "Trump's an ass", or "Trump said hydroxyquinoline is the cure" bullshit. Watch, listen, learn, and look less like fools.

Last edited by isobars on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if Isobars posted a coherent argument he would look less like a demented fool. Of course, he gets his "original source" on his tin foil hat.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Crozier and the Roosevelt, today's WSJ published the best analysis I've yet seen of Crozier's blunders and their global impacts. The facts, impacts, and summary he presents shed new light on the whole story even beyond Crozier's having run off the tracks before reaching out to his commander in chief. At the very least, even and ESPECIALLY if he felt it was too urgent to wait for intermediate level resolution, he could and should have messaged the White House directly before accidentally or deliberately notifying the media and China that our foremost offensive weapon system has a problem.

See "A Failure of Discipline Under Capt. Crozier’s Command"
by William J. Toti.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1166, 1167, 1168 ... 1352, 1353, 1354  Next
Page 1167 of 1354

Jump to: