myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Missing paddler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Missing paddler Reply with quote

Well since it was brought up on another page.... I'll try to be as sensitive as possible but I don't get the urgency to recover a body. I was in the military, if the muslims had got a hold of me I wouldn't have wanted one life jeopardized to recover my corpse. When me old mum got old and sick and finally died it became apparent to me that after she had taken her last breath and I watched and felt the life fade from her body that she was gone from her body, the body was just a shell, this was no longer my mother, her spirit or whatever had gone elsewhere. She always told me she wanted to be buried in a plywood box but in my grief I allowed the funeral director vultures to prey on my vulnerability and extract their pound of flesh from my wallet with a fancy casket and flowers, the whole job.
At the time I inquired to the vulture about myself being buried at sea when the time came, he looked into it and got back to me, his answer was that it was not legal in the US. I instructed my then wife that I was to be taken overseas or wherever so I could be fed to the fish so to speak and if my wishes were not granted that I would come back to haunt her.
This poor fellow made a serious miscalculation and unless it's some elaborate insurance scam I cannot imagine him being found alive. His body will appear way downstream or it won't likely ever appear.
Is all this searching just to show the family that people care?
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Missing paddler Reply with quote

BB, I guess it depends on how ZEN you can be with an unconfirmed death.
You had the circumstance with your Mum of knowing and visually verifying
the cessation of life. It may be irrational, but most people must confirm
before they can continue the grieving process.

-Craig

beaglebuddy wrote:
Well since it was brought up on another page.... I'll try to be as sensitive as possible but I don't get the urgency to recover a body. I was in the military, if the muslims had got a hold of me I wouldn't have wanted one life jeopardized to recover my corpse. When me old mum got old and sick and finally died it became apparent to me that after she had taken her last breath and I watched and felt the life fade from her body that she was gone from her body, the body was just a shell, this was no longer my mother, her spirit or whatever had gone elsewhere. She always told me she wanted to be buried in a plywood box but in my grief I allowed the funeral director vultures to prey on my vulnerability and extract their pound of flesh from my wallet with a fancy casket and flowers, the whole job.
At the time I inquired to the vulture about myself being buried at sea when the time came, he looked into it and got back to me, his answer was that it was not legal in the US. I instructed my then wife that I was to be taken overseas or wherever so I could be fed to the fish so to speak and if my wishes were not granted that I would come back to haunt her.
This poor fellow made a serious miscalculation and unless it's some elaborate insurance scam I cannot imagine him being found alive. His body will appear way downstream or it won't likely ever appear.
Is all this searching just to show the family that people care?
matt_r1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Missing paddler Reply with quote

I was reading about the science of drowning, basically what happens afterward etc. and the article stated that in a river, many times people will look way too far downstream for the body. They think, as i thought myself, that the current will bring them faraway fairly quickly while in the process of sinking. Actually the person can sink quite fast and are often found within 100 yards or so of where they went down. The current is only very strong at the surface and apparently is almost null at the bottom of the river. This is all quite morbid, I know. I am still hoping he escaped up the bank of the river and either has amnesia or is running away from a big gambling debt... Even so, If he was my friend, I think I would rather know one way or the other. Thoughts to his loved ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: