myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Texas Flooding
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For ten days or so, with a very slow and expensive Wifi connection, I watched mrgybe insult everyone to the left of Attilla--except me. He was particularly savage with those who did not believe his suspect claims about Hillary. But I guess he gets a pass because he only called people fools, and the Clinton's crooks, but didn't use the term racist.

Now he apparently claims that his posting on the Santa Barbara pipeline was not false because it was only misleading. Mrgybe clearly tried to argue that the pipeline was adequately regulated, and if anyone was to blame it was the Federal agency that inspected the pipeline on May 5th. We are to hold the pipeline company and the oil industry blameless for their resisting regulation, including inspection of the welds. But there are many ways to lie, and mrgybe lies by elission and spin. Here is the more complete account of the Federal inspection that he failed to include. Dated June 3. He is indeed a liar.

Wednesday, June 03, 2015
Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- A pipeline rupture that spilled an estimated 101,000 gallons of crude oil near Santa Barbara last month occurred along a badly corroded section that had worn away to a fraction of an inch in thickness, federal regulators disclosed Wednesday.

The preliminary findings released by the federal Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration point to a possible cause of the May 19 spill that blackened popular beaches and created a 9-mile slick in the Pacific Ocean.

The agency said investigators found corrosion at the break site had degraded the pipe wall thickness to 1/16 of an inch, and that there was a 6-inch opening near the bottom of the pipe. Additionally, the report noted that the area that failed was close to three repairs made because of corrosion found in 2012 inspections.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubtless we will be told where he went on his fat government pension in the usual embarrassingly obvious manner ("I happened to be standing outside the Louvre the other day when......etc, etc."). Wherever he went it clearly didn't alter his unpleasant personality. Always looking for conflict. Always calling names and hurling accusations which he can't back up when challenged. Just invents things people have said, works himself into a lather about those fabrications and then deflects or doubles down with more fabrications when called out. Ten days may have been long enough for him........it certainly wasn't for us.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so many insults, and he is truly convinced that he is polite. Incredible. So far he has called me an alcoholic needing rehab and someone with a fat government pension. So little he knows. But riddle me this. Mrgybe has hurled accusations against the Clinton's for a foundation that does pretty much the same self-serving things that other politicians, retired or not, do. And he has attacked all of those who found his positions unconvincing, calling them dupes for the Clinton.

So much furor for the Clinton's, where there is no indication of illegality. But in the many years of pimping for oil here, he has never criticized the Catholic bishops around the world. Now those were crimes. I am not convinced that the incidence of abuse by the Catholic clergy were dramatically more common than in any other sector of life. But the Church hierarchy--bishops and archbishops in America and in other countries--engaged in a criminal conspiracy to cover those crimes up. And they sent those priests to places where they committed the same crimes again. It has cost the church billions, and in my mind, and those of many others, lost that hierarchy any claim to a moral platform on issues like birth control. Yet even with the Pope saying this week that there must be a serious investigation of those crimes, mrgybe remains silent.

Do you think that he is really convinced that the Clinton's use of donations for travel expenses is an ethical lapse that eclipses covering up the abuse of children? Or is he just dangerously obsessed with the Clinton's--and maybe with me?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A toxic little man. Best to ignore him.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
A toxic little man. Best to ignore him.

Yeah, that's classy. You are a real gentleman. You must be so proud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: