myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Only in Texas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
mrgybe, slavery as a legal system in the US might be gone, but that doesn't change the view that many have of blacks, particularly in the south. I don't know if you have spent any time in mid-state Alabama (the Baptist Bible belt) in your time as an American, but to think that significant prejudice against blacks doesn't exist today in this country is a fool.

It's ironic that Christianity hasn't changed the hate that still lives on.

The fanatical edge of Christianity encourages the hate, not unlike other malcontents who have co-opted faith to suit their twisted dogma. Crimes and discrimination in the name of God, are not crimes or discrimination at all. So sayeth the malcontents.

Slavery is indeed a stain upon our country which we should not sweep under the rug. “Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.” ― Edmund Burke
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be so difficult for the four of you to live in a country filled with racism, bigotry and worst of all, hate filled Christians (especially Republicans). It's a burden that the pious and sanctimonious must bear while sensible people get on with life and understand the importance of proper perspective.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marxist intolerant liberal progressive bigots have destroyed the black community in America. Not the a few redneck toothless Goons out there. Just look at Detroit and new work New Jersey for a example of the liberal outcome.

Liberals might want to watch a documentary called there's no place like Utopia, to see what you've done to America.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, you have to be kidding me. A liberal view has nothing to do with destruction of the black community. Quite the contrary, blacks aside, one usually finds more discriminatory policies against minorities in red states that have a record of problems with a more multi-cultural America. Just look to the efforts that attempt to reduce broader voter participation through more restrictive policies. This kind of nonsense isn't happening in more liberal blue states. One can sense the fear from the right.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first step in improving anything is recognizing the problem. That is why some people volunteer teaching reading, and others sing songs about how important they once were.

Shining a light on a problem, to those who refuse to look, is not describing the country as filled with hate. But we have had many generations whose response to clear problems, has been "love it or leave it." How short sighted, and how sad. One would hope that their faith would give them more comfort.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread desperately needs some balance~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN_Gxa_0rRo
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
It must be so difficult for the four of you to live in a country filled with racism, bigotry and worst of all, hate filled Christians (especially Republicans). It's a burden that the pious and sanctimonious must bear while sensible people get on with life and understand the importance of proper perspective.

Yes, it is all those pesky liberal atheists who are pushing for laws that would legalize discrimination against the LGBT community. It is certainly not the hate filled Christian right. Uh huh.

Divorce and adultery are sins as well, but I see no laws being proposed by the Christian right which would permit discrimination based on those behaviors. Why is that?
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there's a point from the far right that illustrates how clueless they are. The reason the South Carolina brother was shot is that he wasn't polite. In the south that is a capital crime. Carry on NW, you've made my point for me. And you thought it was balance. Hilarious.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Now there's a point from the far right that illustrates how clueless they are. The reason the South Carolina brother was shot is that he wasn't polite. In the south that is a capital crime. Carry on NW, you've made my point for me. And you thought it was balance. Hilarious.

"brother"? Are you trying to be black to make your point?
"because he wasn't polite"? Are you trying to make all cops racist, he was not atypical? Then maybe he should have been promoted instead of being arrested for murder, ay?
The vid I posted~
So because he didn't sound like he was 'down for the struggle', he needs to be discounted?
There is no balance in mac's view, yeah, keep on laughing at that concept.
I wouldn't even call you "hilarious", but stuck in your world view that I'm happy I don't share.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--we need to close the school you attended--unless they flunked you. There is no logic whatsoever in your reply, much less in the reasons, however obscure, for the video you posted. There is no causal relationship between the traffic stops of two different cops--unless they both work for the same Department and had the same training. Saying that we need to do something about police brutality, and the illegitimacy that it creates, by no means says that all cops are brutal. You need to learn to have two different but related concepts in your mind, and realize it is not merely an either/or choice.

Constantly amusing, however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: