myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The idiot in chief?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With open borders, we must fight abroad. If we closed our borders, we'd be able to ignore the filthy dogs.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, you're mischaracterizing the problem. It's not "open borders". It's about Americans hiring illegal immigrants. That's the root of the problem, and if you reasonably fix that, much of our illegal immigration problem will quickly vanish naturally. Are you into beefing up the US Immigration Service throughout the country to go after offending employers and individuals? All that costs money too, but I seriously doubt that Republicans in Congress will lead that charge. Do you think that any of the Republican contenders for president would dare to propose going after American corporations and individuals that hire illegal immigrants? When pigs fly is my guess.
rigitrite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think that many here don't seem understand the difference between defense and offense. I'm all for building up our defenses here at home against attack, but to cavalierly venture out into the world militarily pimping for war is foolishly asking for endless trouble and pain. Battles are often quick and easy to win, as proven by our overthrow of Saddam Hussein in Iraq, but the overall war is virtually impossible to win.

What's missing today is a modernist's view of President Washington's thoughts about America meddling in international affairs.

^^^this^^^

wynsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly does close our borders mean? We live in a world that is dependent on a global economy.

China, which was once thought best to be annihilated by some of our top military brass after W.W.II, with nuclear weapons, is now dependent upon the US and global markets for their economy to work.

It's the price we have paid to avoid a nuclear war, and it seems to be working, despite the lamentations of those crying about the fact that U.S. jobs have been outsourced to China.

Perhaps Obama is taking a cue from Richard Nixon here, who was the one who normalized trade relations with China. One of his greater achievements I think.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Bard, you're mischaracterizing the problem. It's not "open borders". It's about Americans hiring illegal immigrants. That's the root of the problem, and if you reasonably fix that, much of our illegal immigration problem will quickly vanish naturally. Are you into beefing up the US Immigration Service throughout the country to go after offending employers and individuals? All that costs money too, but I seriously doubt that Republicans in Congress will lead that charge. Do you think that any of the Republican contenders for president would dare to propose going after American corporations and individuals that hire illegal immigrants? When pigs fly is my guess.

Dude, did you just hear yourself?
You accurately identify one of the main problems, but then you complain that the Republicans aren't doing anything about it.
Never mind the president with him placing new magnets all the time, and relocating border agents away from the boarder, it's not his fault, it's the Republicans that won't enforce the boarder.
That's basically what you just said, OMG!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW ...we've asked you this many times before. Will you please spell the term used to define the lines of a country, border, not boarder...nobody here is talking about someone staying at someone else's house for a prolonged period.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, are you clueless? The problem isn't about policing the borders and creating an impenetrable wall holding the hordes back. Would President Obama veto a bill that included funding for the US Immigration Service to initiate a countrywide program cracking down on the hiring illegal immigrants? I don't think so. Of course, we already have the responsibility to deal with the problem of having 12-15 million Hispanic illegal immigrants in the country right now, and that's got to be on the table too. We all know that immigration reform needs to be done.

And what is the Republican majority in Congress doing right now to solve our illegal immigration problem? Absolutely nothing. Where's their attention instead? Trying to sneak in anti-abortion language into a Senate bi-partisian bill addressing sex trafficking, and holding up the final vote on Lynch for AG. In the House, they're enthralled with the challenge of running Hillary Clinton through the ringer. From past nonsense we've been hearing for years, you would think that Republicans would be tripping all over themselves to get rid of Eric Holder.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama made sure that the borders would be good and broken soon after he entered office, it was his plan so that he could say that we needed immigration reform, and he sucked you right in with all his other sycophants. All we needed to do was to enforce the immigration laws that were already on the books, but no, that wouldn't fit into his long term program, "fundamentally changing this country".
But I guess you didn't like it also, and probably still don't.
Have fun in your world, I'll place you along with bajaDean as his future next door neighbor, but hey, I heard that mac is interested in a small house just around the corner from him.
You can all have BBQ's w/o having the EPA wanting to know what kind of briquettes you are using!
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know NW30, I'm probably far more into shutting down illegal immigration than you are, but you're a victim of the propaganda that you thrive on. Watch out, you're on track to end up like isobars. Hateful and clueless.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
You know NW30, I'm probably far more into shutting down illegal immigration than you are, but you're a victim of the propaganda that you thrive on. Watch out, you're on track to end up like isobars. Hateful and clueless.

The illegal/legal immigrant problem that I'm talking about has nothing to do with the Latin population and everything to do with the Middle Eastern population. I do not want to go to war . If keeping those people out of our country saves American lives I am all for it.

Thomas Jefferson one of our founding fathers fought the Barbary war against the barbarians who were already committing atrocities in the name of Allah . So, this is been going on for far too long .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: