myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Israel, Iran and obama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine the paranoia that isobars lives with every day? The sleepless nights too, worrying endlessly.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
It appears that there is one hitch in completing an agreement with Iran. Complete access to all military and nuclear sites for inspections. Iran doesn't like this for good reason. They likely will be continuing their efforts to develop a nuclear bomb, regardless of any agreement with Obama.

So, my guess is that there will be no agreement since Iran will never give inspectors access to ALL their possible (known and unknown) military/nuclear sites. Any agreement without full, unlimited access is a joke.

Has the USA ever allowed complete access to every military installation and nuclear site? No. Did this prevent others from coming to agreement with the USA? No.

In any other nuclear arms reduction negotiation, has the USA ever scuttled a deal because another country refused full access to all its military and nuclear sites? I don't think so.

The USA and its international partners are not negotiating with a vanquished party. We did not nor should be start a war with Iran in order to demand the ultimate in concession. Why would Iran agree to terms that the USA has never and probably will never agree?

mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If liberals are seriously equating the United States with it's system of democracy, and all its checks and balances.......with a country that funds terrorism on a massive scale, that is run by religious fanatics who have publicly announced their plan to annihilate Israel, and which appears entirely capable of utterly irrational and devastating actions that could impact the entire globe..........then we are truly in deep trouble. To suggest that we should apply the same standard of due diligence to Iran as is applied to the US in the formation of a nuclear treaty is unbelievably and dangerously naive. I can only pray we have more seasoned minds negotiating on our behalf.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
If liberals are seriously equating the United States with it's system of democracy, and all its checks and balances.......with a country that funds terrorism on a massive scale, that is run by religious fanatics who have publicly announced their plan to annihilate Israel, and which appears entirely capable of utterly irrational and devastating actions that could impact the entire globe..........then we are truly in deep trouble. To suggest that we should apply the same standard of due diligence to Iran as is applied to the US in the formation of a nuclear treaty is unbelievably and dangerously naive. I can only pray we have more seasoned minds negotiating on our behalf.

I agree, let neither of us suggest it. My post certainly didn't. My mention of the USA was made in TWO (2) ways, only one of which rhetorically asked whether the all/nothing scenario should be applied by other nations when negotiating with the US on a premise, I suppose, that the US cannot be trusted. The other is whether the US has applied the same binary conscience to other nations in nuclear weapon limitation discussions.

Please allow me the courtesy of pointing out the truly absurd (unlimited access to all Iranian military installations, whether nuclear sites or not!) without conflating very legitimate differences between Iran and the USA with a condition of agreement that Iran surrender sovereignty of all military interests. Those differences provide the very impetus for the negotiations in the first place.

nw30

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but negotiating with liars or people who consider us infidels, and then trusting them, is insane.
Only Obama would trust a terrorist nation.
In fact I think he'd trust Iran over Israel, that's how upside down he is.
Still trying to earn that POS Peace prize that he knows he didn't deserve.
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the uninitiated and naive liberals; About any group of science majors in any nation in the world could build a nuke bomb with readily available materials save for one ingredient, enriched uranium which is produced with these centrifuges in question. Any deal that allows the Iranians to keep centrifuges or not allow inspections is a deal to allow them to build a nuke bomb and they have let us know what they intend to do with it.
Unfortunately for the world in the next few weeks I expect obongo to be waiving a piece of paper like Chamberlain claiming some sort of "deal"
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A country has pledged to annihilate another country and is on the verge of having a nuclear bomb.

Dan,

What steps do you think are necessary to prevent Iran from developing a Bomb? If you were Israel and was at risk of having a nuclear bomb dropped on you, how far would you go to stop the threat? Would the US sit by and watch Israel and Iran go at it? We, not doubt will be in the war too if Iran gets the bomb.

Anyone trusting anything that Iran says about not wanting to develop a bomb is a fool.

So what's left to prevent Iran from going nuclear? Without complete access to inspections, they will build it. I don't believe complete access will happen, so no viable treaty. I even heard on the news that the details of the agreement would be classified, so the public would not know what is included. If that is true, Obama gets a pass since it would be difficult to hold him accountable since there is no measure of success or failure. It's called CYA.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's be clear. Their entire religion is rotted. It is based on violence and subjugation . Even our founding fathers who fought the Barbary war in the early 1800s wrote of their Flawed religion based on violence, threats, beheadings, slavery and subjugation of the infidels.

We have no business negotiating with barbarians. They don't think like we do.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
If liberals are seriously equating the United States with it's system of democracy, and all its checks and balances.......with a country that funds terrorism on a massive scale, that is run by religious fanatics who have publicly announced their plan to annihilate Israel, and which appears entirely capable of utterly irrational and devastating actions that could impact the entire globe..........then we are truly in deep trouble.

You mean like the current President of the United States, who said that every nation thinks it is exceptional, the implication being that none really is.

I got news for ya, Barry: The U.S. IS exceptional. HOW exceptional depends on one's criteria, but it's sure as hell in the very top small tier. One metric is the number of people so desperate to emigrate here even at the risk of their very lives. Another is our individual freedoms, which our own DNC is DELIBERATELY and BOASTFULLY suppressing as fast as it possibly can. Hillary has boasted of that objective for 20 years, and Warren = Hillary squared. Warren is even father left than Obama, whose Senate voting record set the leftmost bar.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Sorry but negotiating with liars or people who consider us infidels, and then trusting them, is insane.
Only Obama would trust a terrorist nation.

That's why he took Iran (and Hezbollah) off the list of sponsors of terrorism. He's preparing to teach Bibi and Israel -- at ANY cost -- not to offend his wisdom by employing theirs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: