myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lake Hodges San Diego Parking Access Petition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsull

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Lake Hodges San Diego Parking Access Petition Reply with quote

Hi All,
I started a petition today to San Diego Councilman Mark Kersey to make him aware of the need to have proper access to the parking lot near our sailing site at Lake Hodges. Us San Diegans have fought hard to regain access to the Lake after we were barred from using it during the construction of a water pump station. After the completion, we were not allowed to return but after a long fight last season we regained our right to sail the lake. This was a major victory but we can not access the road leading down to the old sailing site by the dam which is the only part of the lake that blows and instead have to walk with our gear about mile down a dirt road with our gear to the old lot in which we want access to be restored to.

I am calling on all SoCal / AZ Sailors that may be interested in sailing the lake to visit the San Diego Windsurfing Association's website and sign the petetion which gets emailed directly to Mark Kersey's email box. As of now he just wants to see that people even care about accessing the lake before he does anything about it. So if you want to sail it or are interested in helping us out please sign the petition here:

http://sdwa.org/2015/03/lake-hodges-windsurfing-access/

Thanks for all your help!

Dan Sullivan
SDWA President, 2015
loopless

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,
Great idea. As Brian said, its like buying a lift ticket to ski, and finding you have to walk up the mountain!

I am using FireFox , and had some problems with the petition form. It only shows part of the letters as I type them. It worked but was a bit tricky..
Andrew
mmikeed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just signed. Good Luck!!
Chrome worked fine for me.
HobieWanKenobi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done! Going to visit Hodges this summer. Parking close to a breezy launch is everything. Keep up the good work!
geohaye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done.
I'm a long time SO Cal windsurfer. Mostly Seal Beach and Perris. Never Hodges. Good luck with the powers to be.....
spennie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. Don't go there myself, but happy to help in this small way.
dsull

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who signed! So far I have gotten 83 signatures together, and several have written personal letters however; I have not heard anything back from Kersey's office. I hope to hit 100 signatures and then reach out to him.

If you don't know about the lake it can be a lot of fun for us in Windstarved San Diego. It's a consistent 6.0-7.5 site which doesn't sounds like much but it gets us off formula and back on slalom or wave gear. Great place to teach kids or anyone else scared of large bodies of water. Also an excellent venue to practice water starts and jibes for those intermediate sailors looking to step up their game.

Conditions are best when the coast is cool (marine layer?) and inland is very hit. The wind will come from the SSW up and over the dam and through the valley where the lake resides compressing and accelerating as it passes the sailing site. The sailing site, near the damn, is the best place and pretty much the only place with wind. Typically it blows 15-18mph but gusting in the low to middle 20s. Great June venue when the coast is foggy and windless.

We are looking forward to having the lake back for full usage and again I want to extend thanks to those who have helped!

Dan Sullivan
San Diego Windsurfing Association
President 2015
Arrgh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked and the signature count stands at 99. Who will be number 100? You don't even have to scroll to the top of the thread:
http://sdwa.org/2015/03/lake-hodges-windsurfing-access/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: