myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lets follow the money.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-suing-trump-emoluments-sees-case-going-ahead-163610147.html

Lawyer suing Trump over emoluments expects to see hotel records

Michael IsikoffChief Investigative Correspondent,Yahoo News•June 1, 2018
Quote:

Norm Eisen; Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. (Photo illustration: Yahoo News; photos: Paul Morigi/ Brookings Institution, AP)
More
In what could presage a new legal headache for the Trump White House, the lawyer leading a suit against President Trump over his ownership of a Washington hotel says he is “confident” that a federal judge will require the Trump Organization to begin turning over evidence about the hotel’s internal operations — a key step that could reveal details about the president’s finances.

The suit charges that the president is profiting from foreign governments doing business with Trump International Hotel, in violation of the Constitution.

“I do believe there is going to be accountability for this,” said Norm Eisen, the chief of Citizens for Ethics and Responsibility in Washington (CREW), in an interview on the Yahoo News podcast Skullduggery. “This is the first time in American history that a president has been brazen enough to take emoluments” — referring to the clause in the U.S. Constitution that bars presidents from taking foreign gifts or payments from foreign governments.

Eisen, who served as special counsel for ethics and government reform under President Obama, is the chief counsel in a lawsuit brought by the attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia claiming that foreign governments doing business with Trump’s hotel in Washington violate the Emoluments Clause of the constitution. Lawyers for the president recently asked U.S. Judge Peter Messitte, who is presiding over the case, to toss the lawsuit on the grounds that the president can’t be sued in his personal or official capacity.

But Eisen, noting that Messitte has already allowed the case to proceed, said he fully expects another favorable ruling after a hearing in the case over the scope of the Emoluments Clause slated for June 11. “We are confident the judge is going to allow us to take discovery,” he said.

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From "the internet":
Here’s a lady who makes MS-13 seem like girl scouts.

Dick Durbin, a Senator from Illinois [and one of the government's most outrageous and shameless outright liars] calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here's a response in a letter from PATTY NYE from Illinois ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!

"Hey Dick, let's get a few things straight!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FORTY YEARS.

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now "you morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetent bastards" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" to your incompetence.
Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU:

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 40+ year political career?

2. At what age will you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much will you receive in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.

And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech.
That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch.
P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits "entitlements". WHAT AN INSULT!!!!
I have been paying in to the SS system for 45 years “It's my money”-give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks .
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
From "the internet":
Here’s a lady who makes MS-13 seem like girl scouts.

Dick Durbin, a Senator from Illinois [and one of the government's most outrageous and shameless outright liars] calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here's a response in a letter from PATTY NYE from Illinois ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!

"Hey Dick, let's get a few things straight!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FORTY YEARS.

ya we need more idiots like trump with no experience.... we need more idiots like him that are career rapist and child molesters...

Durbin is one of my favorite senators...

posting someone else's hate here is stupid as stupid is. fake news to the extream. was that from one of Putins troll farms and the KGB...

nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, the poor guy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
George Soros Complains: ‘Everything That Could Go Wrong, Has Gone Wrong’
6:08 PM 06/09/2018

George Soros recently lamented the rise of President Trump and anti-establishment parties across the globe, saying “everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong.”
Soros made the comment in an interview with The Washington Post published Saturday. He also said that he did not expect Trump’s election, saying, “Apparently, I was living in my own bubble.”

The activist billionaire also made the bizarre claim that President Trump would be “willing to destroy the world.”
Soros has become known for using his immense wealth to influence politics in the United States and around the world.
He pushes for liberal values, has supported refugee resettlement, and was a major supporter of Hillary Clinton in 2016.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/09/george-soros-go-wrong/

More on the poor guy here~
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Billionaire-George-Soros-faces-renewed-attacks-12981306.php
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daily caller--the gutter. A merchant of outrage.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's view of Soros that is arguably more honest.

One has to only consider the following Soros quote presented at the end of the article to recognize his adamant and tenacious commitment to his goals

“I’m proud of my enemies,” Soros said. “When I look at the enemies I have all over the world, I must be doing something right.”

Frankly, I have to agree in his vision, despite the hateful chorus against him from the right.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/i-must-be-doing-something-right-billionaire-george-soros-faces-renewed-attacks-with-defiance/2018/06/09/3ba0e2b0-6825-11e8-9e38-24e693b38637_story.html?utm_term=.8c04fdd48714
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Daily caller--the gutter. A merchant of outrage.

"There you go again" ~ RR, so lazy, that's all you can muster up.
Why just single out one of the two links I posted? They both say the same thing, Soros quotes, are Soros quotes.

At least swc tried a little bit harder, even though it doesn't contradict anything.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW—did you know you get two sides with your daily serving of anti-semitism?
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
NW—did you know you get two sides with your daily serving of anti-semitism?

Just say it mac, I'm an anti-Semite, racist, bigoted, misogynistic, piece of shit because I didn't follow you, down that dark hole, and vote for Hillary.
Don't be shy.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Here's view of Soros that is arguably more honest.

One has to only consider the following Soros quote presented at the end of the article to recognize his adamant and tenacious commitment to his goals

“I’m proud of my enemies,” Soros said. “When I look at the enemies I have all over the world, I must be doing something right.”

Frankly, I have to agree in his vision, despite the hateful chorus against him from the right.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/i-must-be-doing-something-right-billionaire-george-soros-faces-renewed-attacks-with-defiance/2018/06/09/3ba0e2b0-6825-11e8-9e38-24e693b38637_story.html?utm_term=.8c04fdd48714

He is an admitted NAZI COLLABORATOR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 29 of 47

Jump to: