myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Republican leadership--an oxymoron in this Congress
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Bard, you live in the best of places, to include having a spot in Maui. I sometimes wonder why you're so bent the wrong way on what's happening.

Rich folks do live well, and with world renowned Malibu just minutes from the LA scene, it doesn't surprise me that high focus celebrities live in your neighborhood.

Have some of these special neighbors invited you over for a scotch or two?

Haha, we hang out with some celebrities, but not Gaga. Truth is, we live a very mundane lifestyle. 6/7 nights at home. I will be standing in my driveway when all her guests arrive. Many leftists will be polluting our hood. I've always detested her style, but have a newfound respect for her talents.

Remember, my wife and I were raised in poverty. We know what it takes to rise up. I fight for economic libertarianism and freedom from intrusive government.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leadership includes stepping up to the plate when those in charge have abandoned their post. Recent examples of the GOP doing exactly that include:

1. Hosting Netanyahu's speech because the WH:
refused to hear him,
tried to prevent the speech,
attacked the Congress for listening,
boycotted it like children, and
is clearly risking the security of the free world for 2016 political points by believing one word out of Iran.

2. Accurately notifying Iran that an executive action to avoid dictating a treaty expires the day a president leaves office if not previously ratified by the Congress, under the OBVIOUS assumption that this tidbit is being left out of the administration’s secret negotiations with Iran. The headline over the LAT’s discussion of this in our liberal McClatchy rag is “Iranian Official says letter implies U.S. ”not trustworthy“.

IMPLIES?
A. Facts don’t “imply”; they state.
B. Well, D U H ! From the Indian treaties to Viet Nam to the red line in the sand to the U.S. attacking Tikrit to take it back from ISIS to supporting Israel and the Ukraine, when has the U.S. ever been known to be trustworthy with ANY consistency?

The article whines that Obama and the Democrats accused the GOP of trying to scupper (blow) the deal. THAT’S WHY WE ELECTED THE GOP SLATE, to keep Barack Obama from playing God with the free world’s future via blatant disregard for the checks and balances designed into our constitution.

Furthermore, the article whines that Obama’s first obligation is to his conduct of foreign affairs with no regard to any internal laws governing his authority or behavior.

Obama’s brilliant accusation? That the GOP wants to make common cause with Iran’s hardliners in an unusual coalition. WTF WAS HE TRYING TO DO, ILLEGALLY?

What other actions could the GOP, within or outside of the Congress, take to forestall this secret, illegal, unconstitutional, non-binding, asinine (trust IRAN?), unilateral, total reversal of Obama’s vow to do whatever it takes to keep Iran from going nuclear? (BTW, those are not wild talking points; each is based on open-access facts including the law where appropriate.)

3. emailgate. Since presidential election outcomes are determined not by the Left or the Right but by the independent and often undecided vote, Hillary’s toast just might not land jelly up this time. Even in her speech yesterday she once again blatantly committed 55,000 cases of felony by refusing to release her servers-full of government business to the government.

4. Benghazi … IRS …

BTW, Weiss, save your breath. The legal issues in this and in Hillary’s email fiascoes have been debated endlessly on TV by the nation’s top Democrat and constitutional legal minds with virtually full agreement; your opinion and mine do not matter. Better yet, many of Hillary's and Barack's staunchest, most myopic, richest, professional DNC supporters are coming down hard on these flagrant offenses to our legal system.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fountain of hate always bubbles up ugliness and little else.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to doing exactly what the Koch's ask, spending lavishly on themselves is what some Republicans do:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/rep-aaron-schock-resigns-n325166
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what it cost to fly President Obama and his wife to the same place on the same day, in separate planes, with separate Secret Service details, as they did last Thursday to appear on comedy TV programs in the same small town? Schock did the right thing by resigning for his ridiculous extravagance. I wonder whether the President or his wife will follow his lead given their ridiculous extravagance?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estimates hit seven figures just for HER plane, let alone the extra aircraft to transport her ego and security staff.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not content to post a Breitbart attack on one thread, mrgybe posts it again on this thread. Let's ignore the multi-billion gift to Exxon by the New Jersey Governor, let's ignore the Republican Congressman flying around on corporate largesse, and repeat the attacks on Obama and Michelle. Done, of course, as all cheap attacks, before. Spread by Breitbart. Of course, a false comparison. Here from factcheck.org:

Quote:
A Continuing Pattern

These latest chain e-mails are part of a continuing pattern of indignant, anonymous authors spreading false and misleading claims about the travels of the president and the first lady.

In November 2010, we wrote about the "highly doubtful" claim that Obama's trip to India would cost $200 million each day. That figure was based on only one report from an Indian news organization that cited an unnamed official, with no additional evidence to support the claim. The White House called the claim "wildly exaggerated."

In July 2009, we wrote about another chain e-mail that complained that the first lady used taxpayer money to take her daughters and her mother on a European vacation. While taxpayers were on the hook for some of the cost of transporting the first family, and for providing security for them, no taxpayer money was used for their personal expenses.

In October 2008, we wrote about the false claim that Michelle Obama spent nearly $450 on room service at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York City that year. Not only did Obama not stay at that hotel when she was in the city, according to her husband's then-presidential campaign, she hadn't yet arrived in New York by the time the bogus receipt claimed she had ordered room service.

So tiresome. Such a double standard.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the previous poster has any information to suggest that the President and first lady did not fly to Burbank within hours of each other last week, on separate planes, with separate Secret Service cover, perhaps he can enlighten us all. Alternatively, if he believes that type of extravagance is warranted, it would be fascinating to hear his reasoning. Incidentally, the "Breitbart attack" he refers to is also a fiction. It was a CNN report. Perhaps a drop too much on St.Paddy's day explains all these strange errors. They couldn't be deliberate surely?
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/13/politics/barack-michelle-obama-los-angeles-flights/
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So tired. Breitbart has been thumping this drum for years, and another network picked it up. Peanuts compared to the EXXON bailout, or the utter incompetence of the do-nothing, know nothing Republican Congress. The one with a 5% approval rating that has been able to accomplish nothing since the Reps took over. They introduced another dead-on-arrival budget yesterday. Anything to take the right's eyes off the issues, and return them to what they know--hating Obama and holding him to a different standard than Bush. I wonder why?

By the way, neither the Archbishop nor I are much interested in the rationale behind different trips. For fundamentally different reasons. Here is the White House explanation:

By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Monday, March 16, 2015
The White House said Monday that taxpayers paid for first lady Michelle Obama and President Obama to fly on separate planes to Los Angeles on the same day last week because they were traveling to “different airports” on slightly different schedules.

“They flew into different airports,” said White House press secretary Josh Earnest. “It’s also my understanding that the first lady actually left to get back to Washington, D.C., before the president even arrived in California.”

Mr. Obama flew to Los Angeles International airport last Thursday on Air Force One, arriving around 4 p.m. local time for an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”

Mrs. Obama, meanwhile, flew across country on a different plane earlier in the day to Burbank, California, to tape an appearance on Ellen DeGeneres’ show.

The two airports are about 28 miles apart.

Mr. Earnest said the president’s and first lady’s “itineraries didn’t link up.” He added that Mr. Obama stayed overnight in Los Angeles and flew the next day to Phoenix to visit a Veterans Affairs hospital before returning to Washington.

Asked if the first couple could have arranged their schedules better to save taxpayers’ money, Mr. Earnest replied, “I do feel confident in saying that if it’d been possible for them to travel together, I’m sure that’s what they would have preferred to do.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/16/white-house-defends-obamas-2-flights-different-la/#ixzz3Ulx1mRaN

The right will continue to try to make hay out of this--as well as false comparisons--because the internet says that Hillary was the biggest traveler as First Lady. Stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime. Don't mention that multi billion dollar bailout for EXXON.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad part is that he's actually satisfied with that absurd explanation......"They were traveling to different airports [in the same town] on slightly different schedules"..........and then whines about a double standard while lambasting a rookie congressman for extravagance. What a joke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: