myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Reap as ye sow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Why do you have so much trouble believing that the two brothers were radicalized by Abu Ghraib?

I'll chime in on this.
How about the imams and the mosques that they went to?
These guys probably become radicalized long before, without needing to see any of those pics.
Do you really think they were just innocent fun loving chaps that happen to see those pic, so they decided to become radicalized just because of that?
These guys, while in their madrasas, study our media. They know how to get sympathy from our media. If our media wants to blame all of this on Bush (which I think this is really all about), these guys clearly know how to feed that, and that's what this guy did. And so now we've got editors and reporters falling right in line, along with you mac.
"Hey, you know what? We can trace this back to Bush, Abu Ghraib, because one of the murderers said so."

And now ISIS has hacked into some of our military websites with warnings of impending terror strikes here, that, in my opinion, is another media win for them. And it also helps with their recruitment, they are positioning themselves as the current winners of the media, and stupid aimless people want to be on the winning team.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--you add so little, and your denial is so deep. Maybe you should get help.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
NW--you add so little, and your denial is so deep. Maybe you should get help.

Mac, Abu Ghraib? You are floating into psychopathy my friend. That is kind of like seeing a cop kill a guy and deciding to kill other cops. How can a rational discussion be held with your views?
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--I bow to your greater experience in psychopathy. Perhaps you want to recommend someone to help NW?

In all seriousness, the two brothers who shot of the Paris satire publication were small time crooks, in jail for small time crimes. They were bad boys, but in the minor leagues. They found Muhammed, instead of Jesus, and like those who find Jesus, they became sure of themselves, confident that their sins would be forgiven if they followed the true path, and determined to bend all others to their will. The difference is they wielded automatic weapons not bibles.

For you to ignore the importance of symbols, like the hooded prisoners at Abu Ghraib, qualifies you for a free month of mental health counseling at the black prison of your choice.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like mac will be voting for Hillary and her empathy for the Islamic terrorists.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Sounds like mac will be voting for Hillary and her empathy for the Islamic terrorists.

Case closed. Robot will vote for who he's told too.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--study homophones--not homophobes:

two--the second number, excluding zero, in the numerical sequence

to--a preposition indicating direction

too--also

Who said I had empathy for terrorists? I said treat them as criminals, don't kill hundreds of thousands of non-terrorist Muslims, you are creating more terrorists. Too hard to conceive?
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's paper.....Marching against Islamists. 40.000 angry German people take to the streets of Dresden.

Quotes from an 'ordinary' family man taking part; 'You don't have to be a racist to be worried about the dangers of immigration of religious fanatics. I have many Muslim friends, but enough is enough.'

In many European countries this attitude is rapidly gaining ground, with a backlash against radical Islam, with many 'ordinary' people believing that the future of their county, and their very way of life, is under threat.

Many marchers interviewed stressed that it was not immigration per se that they were against, and that migrants were welcome, PROVIDED they wished to assimilate and adapt the German language and customs, and live by its rules and morals. As one said,'it is time for ethnic Europeans to reclaim their birthright. It is OUR country first, and if they wish to live here they must adapt. Fanatical Islam has brought terror to our streets.'

Yet again, the ruling politicians are branding these people, and the Pegida organisers as bigots and racists, and neo nazi thugs and xenophobes! That does not tally with what the English reporter found from interviewing many taking part, and the concerns they were expressing.

It seems to me that the inherent danger is that the ruling political classes are so out of touch with 'ordinary' peoples concerns that extremism will yet again arise in Europe. And all becuase they will not listen, and hear!
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Germans with a memory recall what can happen when you scapegoat a religion for the ills of a society?
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummmm, I don't recall "radical Judaism" being an issue for the Germans when Hitler was in power.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: