myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Clawing and scratching for a legacy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50+, including the entire administration, is a pretty big handful. Pew polls show that a solid majority of U.S. liberals support terrorist Hamas (euphemistically known as the Palestinian cause) over Israel.

Obama's legacy is spiraling towards being THE INDIVIDUAL who contributed the most to WW III, which is ever more likely to begin with Israel being forced by Obama's abominable self-serving, one-sided, naive deal with the devil to use nuclear weapons to disarm Iran. What nation will EVER be dumb enough to trust ANY U.S. promises in the future after this weasel's presidency?
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
NW...how about one of the greatest stock market runs of all time!!! I'll call it the Barrack Bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that's awesome ain't it!!!
It's just too bad that the stock rate participation rate is so low these days, in fact it's way lower than it was before the last market correction. I've heard that today only about 10 to 13% of Americans own any stock, so you know it can't be them driving up the stock market like it's been going. It's more due largely to the Federal Reserve's relentless buying of government bonds.
But call it what you will, actually a "Barak Bull" (just one 'r') is a pretty accurate name, because it isn't a public bull run like you'd like to assume. Be happy that you are w/in that 10 to 13%, it's very Clinton'esk for you to be waving your stock holders flag, they love talking about their wealth.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the previous decade, W, a man you voted for twice, coined the term "investor class" when touting the market. Are you saying these people, with their 401k's, and retirement accounts all across the country have disappeared, or are no longer benefitting from the raging bull? If so, I would strongly disagree...Its sad that you arent impressed with the performance of the great companies in this country...really quite astounding. World melting down, US killing it, NW30 grumpy.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'm a stock holder as you are, but I'm not going to assume just because my portfolio is doing quite well, the rest of the other 90% out there who don't have any, are doing just as well, they aren't.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Actually I'm a stock holder as you are, but I'm not going to assume just because my portfolio is doing quite well, the rest of the other 90% out there who don't have any, are doing just as well, they aren't.

First of all, most equity owners own stocks through ETF's and Mutual Funds(even the uber wealthy), and the figure is over 50%, a 5X delta on your number. Secondly, my comment on the greatness of American corporations is not intended to be a reflection on the entire United States. Just corporate America, and the stock market. You know...capitalism.
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the latest Gallup poll and other sources, the percentage of people owning stocks in the U.S.A. is below 60% actually 52%, which is a record low since 2009. Where did nw30 pull this 10-13% number from?
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A deep dark place. If he told you where, he'd have to kill you.

They make it up--or Murdoch and the Koch's make it up for them.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
my portfolio is doing quite well ...

and that won't buy you a cup of coffee until you sell it at a profit.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slinky wrote:
According to the latest Gallup poll and other sources, the percentage of people owning stocks in the U.S.A. is below 60% actually 52%, which is a record low since 2009. Where did nw30 pull this 10-13% number from?

Its probably the percent of Americans that own INDIVIDUAL equities. Quite deceiving on his part, and quite gullible given that most investors own stocks through ETF's and Mutual Funds.
The main reason the overall number is meaningfully lower than 2007-2009, is that American investors are still spooked by the financial collapse...
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs

Jet blue just added Sacramento / Boston nonstop(the only way I fly)
I see a Sqauw trip in my future...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: