myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The play for 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 242, 243, 244  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I wish that, just once, someone in the audience when Hillary says "Corporations and businesses don't create jobs; only the government can do that" would yell, "How stupid do you think we are?"

Even she cannot possibly be that stupid, proving that she is not capable of being embarrassed even by the most obvious lies and will say absolutely anything to get the "stupid" vote.

Are you lefties that stupid?

I'd love for Hillary or anyone for that matter, go step by step through the process to explain how the government creates jobs, that aren't government jobs.
Tell us Hillary, just how does that work?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step by step. The government has invested in roads, parks, water supply systems, ports, airports, and education. Businesses make investments that utilize those facilities. Windsurfers use roads to get to parks to sail on public lands. Some of them deny that the government does anything for them at all.

You're welcome.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the "you didn't build that" infrastructure answer, but that's not what I'm talking about.
Besides all those things were originally built by the private sector long before the government took over the responsibility,,,,,,,, even air strips.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texas Rangers are struggling to make a profit. The ownership group (including GWB) decides to press the Dallas -FW politicos to float a bond to improve the facilities, sell PSL's. It passes. The team hires 1000's of people to handle the flood of new fans who come to visit the new ballpark. The revenue from the PSL's allows the team to bring in new free agents . The team is now winning, and revenues are soaring. The ownership group sells for a huge profit. Not only did GOVT largess create new private sector jobs, but it allowed the Rangers owners to make a multi-hundred million dollar profit. W should thank the DFW tax payers for his wealth.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I wish that, just once, someone in the audience when Hillary says "Corporations and businesses don't create jobs; only the government can do that" would yell, "How stupid do you think we are?"

Even she cannot possibly be that stupid, proving that she is not capable of being embarrassed even by the most obvious lies and will say absolutely anything to get the "stupid" vote.

Are you lefties that stupid?

Do you realize that you used the word "stupid" four times in the course of three sentences? I direct you to a wonderful resource known as a "thesaurus". It is quite handy.

I try to avoid resorting to character assassination through the use of base insults on general populations of people such as you do. Therefore, I reject the premise of your question.

However, if you would like me to comment on your intelligence, or lack thereof, please note that the quote that you attribute to Mrs. Clinton is not accurate.

Here is the context of her statement and her actual statement:

Speaking at a campaign event Friday for struggling Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley, Clinton offered this argument against “trickle down” economics – which focuses on cutting taxes and regulations so businesses can grow:

“Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs. You know that old theory, trickle-down economics. That has been tried, that has failed. It has failed rather spectacularly. One of the things my husband says when people say, ‘What did you bring to Washington?’ He says, ‘I brought arithmetic.’

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/10/25/hillary-clinton-its-not-businesses-that-create-jobs/

I wish that just once, you might actually quote a person properly. If I were inclined to answer your first question as it pertains to you my response would be: "Extremely".
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
“Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs. You know that old theory, trickle-down economics. That has been tried, that has failed. It has failed rather spectacularly."

I completely agree with you. There was absolutely no need to alter Mrs. Clinton's statement. Without an iota of embellishment it tells us all we need to know about her understanding of the manner in which this country became the preeminent world power.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, we will eventually fall the way of Cuba, Venezuela, and maybe even China, if we don't put a stop to big government regulation and crony capitalism.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW again demonstrates his last of comprehension of history. "All of those things were built by the private sector" In fact, many of the founding fathers were involved in creating public fire fighting systems because the private ones couldn't protect urban structures. When left to the private system, we had polluted water. And so forth. NW--who owns and maintains the park where you windsurf, and the roads you drove on to get there?

Here are the wing nuts that you guys listen to about how much further they would like to go in restricting the vote for Democrats:

http://www.nationalmemo.com/endorse-groups-fox-news-wants-stop-voting/
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who IS creating jobs then?

I've never received a pay check from the government? I just seem to write checks to them.....from the money I generated with my business.....that creates jobs.....and plenty of them.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree absolutely with Hillary. The last twenty years have been trickle up economics, with the rich moving their money off shore and the real wages going down. But what would else you expect the spin be from the oil industry apologist, who can rationalize every subsidy for using public property to make money for Chevron and Exxon, and attack every subsidy to reduce carbon use. Here's their play:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/05/03/972298/-Big-oil-big-profits-big-tax-breaks-big-political-contributions
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 242, 243, 244  Next
Page 6 of 244

Jump to: